• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Army of Two thread...

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Kittonwy said:
Holy shit it's coming out tomorrow?
Indifferent2.gif

Too bad GOD OF WAR IS AS WELL :)

DoomGyver

Haklong said:
I forgot about Vegas 2. I played the first one co op a lot of times too. My problem with it is that it seems to be a bit more of the same (which is still good I guess). This on the other hand is a bit different. With the moves you and the character can do together. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to it. But if this turns out to be bad I can fall back on Vegas 2.

I do agree, AoT's version of co-op (pull friend to safety, use objects as shields, distraction) is awesome and I hope it works out well.

I also love how you can go back to back in slow-motion.. killing off your enemies, almost right out of a movie!

Vegas 2 is much of the old, with a splash of COD4 (bullet penetration, sprint)

kbear

Xater said:
Not yet and by it's definately not a 9+ game. It's fun I would expect reviews to range from 7-8,5 from what I have palyed so far. Should shine in Co-op though.
It's probably wise to play the co-op before you say it's not a game worthy of a high score as that's the main draw. The co-op very well could push it to the high 8's, maybe even a 9.

Xater

kbear said:
It's probably wise to play the co-op before you say it's not a game worthy of a high score as that's the main draw. The co-op very well could push it to the high 8's, maybe even a 9.

As already said these are first impressions from 2 Missions andone of them is basically an extension to the training. I did not play more than the Gametrailers preview showed. I just thought it ouldbe nice to post something since it seems like we have to wait fo reviews to come out.

I also said that co-op might provide a even better experience.

I'll continue to paly some more now.

Xater said:
I took one for the team and just bought Army of Two. And to up the stakes I even picked up the PS3 version.
lol Does it run good?
GuessWho said:
R2 to shoot? I'm sorry -1sales.
Ugghhhh It's R Fucking ONE!!11!!!
fps fanatic said:
Dammitt, why do they keep copy/pasting the 360's layout to the Sixaxis? IT DOESN'T WORK WELL! Fuck, R1 man, R fuckin 1....
Exactly! R fucking 1!

Can you clarify on the cover system? Is it like Gears where you push a button to stick to the wall, or is it like Rainbow Six Vegas where you have to hold a button to cover, or is it like Kane and Lynch where there is no cover button, and random at best.

Coverly

Xater said:
Go fuck yourself? Were does it say official thread?

:lol

Glad to hear the game is good, can't wait to play it on co-op. I'm wary about the lack of reviews though, I wonder how long the game is.

Xater

mysticstylez said:
Can you clarify on the cover system? Is it like Gears where you push a button to stick to the wall, or is it like Rainbow Six Vegas where you have to hold a button to cover, or is it like Kane and Lynch where there is no cover button, and random at best.

It's like none of these games. You just duck and go behind a wall and you are in cover. When you just pull the fire trigger you will blind fire. If you pull L2 you will come out of cover to fire. The game detects objects that cover you automatically as it seems. This also works when you stand behind a wall and want to fire around it.

DoomGyver

mysticstylez said:

:lol

Xater said:
It's like none of these games. You just duck and go behind a wall and you are in cover. When you just pull the fire trigger you will blind fire. If you pull L2 you will come out of cover to fire. The game detects objects that cover you automatically as it seems. This also works when you stand behind a wall and want to fire around it.

Well no dedicated cover button means no sale for me. I don't want to have to worry about wether or not the game will detect what I can use for cover or not on its own.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bricfa said:
ugh, that boxart is ugly.
One of the best this gen...

Xater

mysticstylez said:
Well no dedicated cover button means no sale for me. I don't want to have to worry about wether or not the game will detect what I can use for cover or not on its own.

It works fine. never had a problem with it so far because you also don't stick to cover like in the other games.

Haklong said:
I know, that's what's holding me back. Hopefully it turns out well.

Me too...
I really dug all the preview vids and I hope it kept a bit of the humor as well.
I'll waiti it out and see how it comes out and then pick which console to get it for. My PS3 is OH SO LONELY.

Xater said:
It works fine. never had a problem with it so far because you also don't stick to cover like in the other games.

Well I'll take your word for it and take the plunge and buy it...but you better not be giving me a reach around on this one.

lackey

GuessWho said:
R2 to shoot? I'm sorry -1sales.

seriously dont they keep up with the ps3 community and realize r1 is for fps not r2!
or atleast give us an option to remap it.. total bs!

edit: fps/tps = basically all shooter should have r1 on the sony's controller or remapping options.

Xater

mysticstylez said:
Well I'll take your word for it and take the plunge and buy it...but you better not be giving me a reach around on this one.

To show you how the cover system works I did a quick video. You jsut stand behind the wall and press L2 to step out of cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxWsntq1Ur4

I like how this system works. This way you are able to change position quickly and don't have to worry about sticking to cover.

Raide

domokunrox said:
OP, would you say that the game is like the Modern day Contra of the NES?

Not unless it has big ass monsters in it! *prays for big ass monsters to be in the game*

fps fanatic said:
Dammitt, why do they keep copy/pasting the 360's layout to the Sixaxis? IT DOESN'T WORK WELL! Fuck, R1 man, R fuckin 1....

yep...officially sealed the deal, and another game I HAVE TO PLAY ON 360 NOW (>___<)

one more question about visuals

does the PS3 version have motion blur like the 360 version?

....only UE3 i've seen with MBlur on PS3 has been UTIII (go figure...)

Concept17

So far everything points to a pretty solid title that will likely be amazing for co-op. Theres just one thing I want to know.

How long is the game? How much is there to do?

Dabanton said:
Why has EA been so quiet about this title?

Usually that a bad sign but it's been getting fairly good scores...
they have been quiet....but this game is no.1 seller for Xbox360 on Amazon (and has been in the top 10 for awhile now)....so people out there know about and are anticipating it

Xater

bran said:
splitscreen coop?

How many shots to kill enemies???

There is split-screen co-op.

I did not count the bullets. Headshots do more damge, it also depends on weapon type and on what upgrades you use. My new sniper-rifle can do one hit kills wihtout aming at the head.

Funny thing: You can pimp your gun! You can put gold and diamonds and shit on it and you pull massive aggro. :lol

Nizz

AgentOtaku said:
yep...officially sealed the deal, and another game I HAVE TO PLAY ON 360 NOW (>___<)
I wonder if there's a dev community where one can voice their concerns on this issue? Seriously, the fact R2 is fire in a lot of first/third person shooters on Sixaxis concerns me. As a PS3 only owner, I have no choice :( This seems like a concern to a lot of people. Xater, how does the shooting feel in AoT? Does it feel ok? Is it bad? I really can't believe in this day and age, the ability to re-map the controller to your liking is still not a default feature...

GrayFoxPL

Xater said:
R2 shoots. There is no option to change the controller layout.

WTF? I'm not about R2, but the whole nochangable layout shit.

Why the fuck does this happen? I can't get over my head why don't all games have fully customizable controls. Isn't this the easiest thing to implement?

If I want to shoot with fucking serect button, then LET ME!

Is this some kind of retarded dev sickness? To give less option, less freedom to the player even if it costs them nothing?

Btw, Xater, could you tell me what L3 does? If it's crouch, I'll shoot myself.

devs keep doing it for PS3 I imagine, as to make the two skus seems as identical as possible (which is rarely the case anyway!)....its pretty ridiculous and in most cases, flat out fucking lazy

Xater

fps fanatic said:
I wonder if there's a dev community where one can voice their concerns on this issue? Seriously, the fact R2 is fire in a lot of first/third person shooters on Sixaxis concerns me. As a PS3 only owner, I have no choice :( This seems like a concern to a lot of people. Xater, how does the shooting feel in AoT? Does it feel ok? Is it bad? I really can't believe in this day and age, the ability to re-map the controller to your liking is still not a default feature...

I don't know it feels alright I guess. I have no problem with the aiming. Can get a bit diffucult at close distance similar to Gears. But that's what close quaters combat is for. I love headbutting the shit out of some terrorist. :lol

@GrayFoxPL: L3 is ducking but it's a toggle duck so it's not that bad. Please don't shoot yourself...

Xater said:
I don't know it feels alright I guess. I have no problem with the aiming. Can get a bit diffucult at close distance similar to Gears. But that's what close quaters combat is for. I love headbutting the shit out of some terrorist. :lol

@GrayFoxPL: L3 is ducking but it's a toggle duck so it's not that bad. Please don't shoot yourself...

depressing the R2....do you have to press it about half way, ala The Club, or just tap it to fire like Turok or The Darkness?

-viper- said:
Dude post some pictures from your TV.

+1

S1kkZ

finished the game yesterday (on 360), took me about 8 hours on easy.
the game gets better and better with every mission, rock solid framerate (30), nice story (nothing special) and its just fun to play.

i would give it an 8/10, i only played the single player.

GrayFoxPL

Xater said:

I knew it! I don't have the strengh to click L3 anymore.

/pushes the safety to "off" position

...or I'l make custom controls with my thrustmaster. Hope there's nothing important on the d-pad. There isn't, right?

/puts the gun back in the drawer

Xater

GrayFoxPL said:
I knew it! I don't have the strengh to click L3 anymore.

/pushes the safety to "off" position

...or I'l make custom controls with my thrustmaster. Hope there's nothing important on the d-pad. There isn't, right?

/puts the gun back in the drawer

The D-Pad is for giving commands to your mate.

@AgentOtaku: It doesn't matter how far you push R2.

I will try to figure out how to get some good shot from my TV.

SaitoH

Glad to hear the frame rate on the PS3 version is solid. I'm more interested in hearing about the multiplayer, so I'll still hold off for a few days, but I'm optimistic!

Top Bottom