• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
I doubt they'd put that in the episode description if it were the case.
I hope chesthair doesn't die, he's easily one of my favourite characters on the show

That would definitely be balls.
And it would totally send Laurel even further over the edge, so it does make sense

His face will remain scarred, that is his default comic book look. :) Dont worry, he will remain badass.

Serum will give him regenerative healing and enhanced physical abilities. He needs to have that to be a true Deathstroke.

huh? since when is Deathstroke's face scarred? except for teh missing eye his face has always been normal.

ratings came in. Got a 0.9, down three points from last week. I think it got the same as Originals and Supernatural did this week. Tomorrow People got a 0.6.

Only half of her wants to bone Oliver. The other half wanted to bone Tommy.

do they count people who watch it online? because I only watch it on the website.

Good riddance to Vertigo. I hated that stupid character.

smh.

Description for the half season finale episode.
OLIVER IS VISITED BY GHOSTS FROM THE PAST — After a fight with Cyrus Gold AKA the Acolyte (guest star Graham Shiels), Oliver (Stephen Amell) is drugged and left for dead. Determined to cure him, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) makes a risky decision. The cure causes Oliver to hallucinate, and what he sees forces him to confront his past. Meanwhile, Barry (guest star Grant Gustin) continues to help Felicity, and their connection grows stronger. The Arrow asks Lance (Paul Blackthorne) to look into Gold, but when the stakeout on Gold goes bad, someone is killed. Roy (Colton Haynes) is captured and tortured by Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro). John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kresiberg and teleplay by Geoff Johns & Ben Sokolowski (#209).

ok are wwe taking bets on the character that dies?
since Chesthair knows that Sarah is alive that might make him expendable

So that dude at the end.. was that character

born on a Monday? probably but the show airs on a Wednesday and he was reborn ona Wednesday.

Clevinger

do they count people who watch it online? because I only watch it on the website.

It's not counted in Nielsen ratings, but supposedly CW's great online streaming numbers are essential to it staying afloat and being profitable. So yeah, your viewing counts in the grand scheme of things. Prolly more than the people watching it on TV without Nielsen boxes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
ok are wwe taking bets on the character that dies?
since Chesthair knows that Sarah is alive that might make him expendable

maybe sarah to be honest, i mean we know she's going to die eventually. I don't think chesthair will ever die unless Paul Blackthorne wants out, they've said they want him to be the Green Arrow's version of Gordon

i can see sarah being the one who dies. I read an article earlier this week about how ollie is gonna be getting a mask soon and that theres a reason for him switching to it and a story behind it. The picture they showed of him was similar to sarahs, so i could see her dying trying to save him or something like that and he takes up a mask similar to hers in remembrance or something

Clevinger

Final ratings came in, adjusted up to a 1.0. Tomorrow People stayed at a 0.6. So Arrow's the second highest rated CW for the week again.

Tabby

Final ratings came in, adjusted up to a 1.0. Tomorrow People stayed at a 0.6. So Arrow's the second highest rated CW for the week again.

The next episode's ratings should hopefully go back up again with Barry Allen appearing.

i can see sarah being the one who dies. I read an article earlier this week about how ollie is gonna be getting a mask soon and that theres a reason for him switching to it and a story behind it. The picture they showed of him was similar to sarahs, so i could see her dying trying to save him or something like that and he takes up a mask similar to hers in remembrance or something

The mask looks nothing like Sarah's.
I'm guessing someone (Roy) finds out his identity which will prompt him to start wearing masks.
God damn it this suspense is killing me. I don't want anyone to die.

Sober

I threw up in my mouth a bit. No, a lot.

Replicant

roy1iucoe.gif

fanfic?

Yeah, I'll bet you're into that kinky shit, Colton.

Wow at the ending. No wonder Thea always looks like she wants to bone Oliver.

dry-heave-o.gif

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Yikes! The last few pages look like a top secret CIA document with all those spoiler tags.

I shall not read them. No no!.

moira2bgimh.gif

Cabaratier

Neo Member
Man, what a plot twist. Yesterday's episode could have been a season finale.

Yeah definitely; resolving the trial plotline, having the gang back together on the island ánd the barrowman reveal... How are they gonna top this for the half-season finale? I unfortunately spoiled myself on the final reveal by checking the thread for a second before watchin the ep (baaad idea) but the killing of the Count was incredible.

Ripclawe

Banned
Did Katie Cassidy lose a ton of weight between seasons because she looks remarkably different in this last episode...

EDIT: okay the last one to post about it I guess :p

and I doubt she is a method actor.

I started watching season 1 on Netflix and caught up to current in about a week, this show takes a tiny bit of getting into, but once you're in, it's so hard to stop watching. The thing I think I like most is that the characters are all generally well written and pretty likable, with maybe the exception of Laurell.

Every episode I watched got me more excited to continue watching, and I love trying to put together what's going to happen based on my tangential knowledge of the DC universe.

Did Katie Cassidy lose a ton of weight between seasons because she looks remarkably different in this last episode...

Maybe spending a season with Mr. Salmon Ladder somehow convinced her to make a lifestyle change? I liked her look in Season 1 better though.

Stephen Amell got out of shape between seasons though lol

Chuckie

I liked the episode although not one of the greatest.

Great to see Ollie not TOO adamant about the no killing rule. And I won't miss Vertigo.
I didn't really dig the plot twist at the end tbh.

And goddamn Laurel.... your face :( Now nothing is left to redeem you.

I think they need to keep Sarah around to through the Nyssa al Ghul arc. She'll die in front of Laurel, but not until she has her confrontation with her former master.

I still think the "someone will die" part is a red herring. Cyrus will die, then rise as Solomon Grundy. Or maybe Laurel dies, and is revived with some form of the "Miracle" serum, bringing her back with the Canary Cry.

If anyone was to die, I would have guessed Thea, to make Roy take the "Speedy" handle in her honor, but the twist this week will keep her around for at least a couple more months

A different description for "Scientist" to feed our speculation:

The CW’s Official Description: BARRY ALLEN COMES TO STARLING CITY — A seemingly impossible robbery at Queen Consolidated’s Applied Sciences Division brings Central City police scientist Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) to town. Citing a similar case back home, Barry offers to help Oliver (Stephen Amell) and team with the investigation. Oliver senses there is more to Barry than meets the eye, but he’s distracted by the similarities between this current case and something that happened on the island. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) takes a liking to Barry, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Oliver. Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus) asks Roy (Colton Haynes) for help when a friend of hers goes missing. Roy is surprised when Thea (Willa Holland) not only encourages him to help, but joins the search. Unfortunately, Sin’s friend is connected to Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro), and their search ultimately gets one of them seriously injured. Michael Schultz directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kresiberg and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Geoff Johns (#208).

GUYS! I just marathon watched Season 1 and up to State v. Queen over the last few days. WHY HAVEN'T I WATCHED THIS SHOW BEFORE. So many feels; such a good show.

I avoided this thread like a plague for the spoiler potential but now I'm in like Flynn!

Tabby

A different description for "Scientist" to feed our speculation:

The CW’s Official Description: BARRY ALLEN COMES TO STARLING CITY — A seemingly impossible robbery at Queen Consolidated’s Applied Sciences Division brings Central City police scientist Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) to town. Citing a similar case back home, Barry offers to help Oliver (Stephen Amell) and team with the investigation. Oliver senses there is more to Barry than meets the eye, but he’s distracted by the similarities between this current case and something that happened on the island. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) takes a liking to Barry, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Oliver. Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus) asks Roy (Colton Haynes) for help when a friend of hers goes missing. Roy is surprised when Thea (Willa Holland) not only encourages him to help, but joins the search. Unfortunately, Sin’s friend is connected to Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro), and their search ultimately gets one of them seriously injured. Michael Schultz directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kresiberg and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Geoff Johns (#208).
This makes it seem like Barry has his powers already.
What does "more to Barry than meets the eye" mean?
With all these episode descriptions I don't even need to watch the episode anymore.

GUYS! I just marathon watched Season 1 and up to State v. Queen over the last few days. WHY HAVEN'T I WATCHED THIS SHOW BEFORE. So many feels; such a good show.

I avoided this thread like a plague for the spoiler potential but now I'm in like Flynn!
I did the same man, avoided the show for a stupid reason and I ended up watching the entire show in 2 days.
Welcome to ArrowGAF.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So anyone know what the schedule is like for the week after Thanksgiving? We don't get an episode next week, but we get two the week after? Or does it just go back to one a week?

So anyone know what the schedule is like for the week after Thanksgiving? We don't get an episode next week, but we get two the week after? Or does it just go back to one a week?
The next new episodes are on Dec 4th & 11th, but I'm not sure what the plan is after that.

wildfire

Banned
Yikes! The last few pages look like a top secret CIA document with all those spoiler tags.

I shall not read them. No no!.

moira2bgimh.gif

Whatever it is will be more interesting than what AoS revealed about Skye's background.

*zing*

We'll know if she's channeling Bale if she gets growly when donning the Canary costume.

obin_gam

Do they have different writing teams for each episode, one that writes the main story (which is great) and one that gathers every teenage drama trope and does the sub plots? I mean my god the Thea story is awfully cliché and the mother story is so uninteresting I'd rather be watching paint dry.

They should just rewatch all Ruby episodes of Supernatural that had Katie Cassidy in them.

This is just awful. I mean, I know they're trying to have Laurel hit rock bottom and then come out swinging, but they are doing an utterly dreadful job of it.

tumblr_ly8260kxwH1qe9apmo1_500.png

Laurel looks so much better as a blonde. And Moira is fucking fine.

#truthfacts

Isn't Katie Cassidy naturally a brunette? She looks fine, but Ruby Cassidy was so good.

Someone needs to photoshop Ruby with the BC mask.

Also, no Canary Cry pls. I've had enough of Laurel's incessant whining, I don't need it to be a superpower.

Tabby

#truthfacts

Isn't Katie Cassidy naturally a brunette? She looks fine, but Ruby Cassidy was so good.

Someone needs to photoshop Ruby with the BC mask.

Also, no Canary Cry pls. I've had enough of Laurel's incessant whining, I don't need it to be a superpower.

You never know, maybe she'll whine the villains to death.

I knew the twist was coming. It gives fanficers TONS of fuel. And Katie Cassidy does look like skeletor.

Goddam at Felicity this episode. I want to protect her and take care of her....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom