• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Dreweyes

Wow guys very impressive! Keep it coming!

Here are a few works I've made recently for my print portfolio:

ViDEOBOY

Quick character I created for a maya animation project I'm starting.
Stole the haircut from one of the elite four in pokemon diamond. :D

l_ecb93ecb7f10447ab60808d67b534f6c.jpg

8-Bit Ryu
(this is actually an older drawing, but I just touched it up with the water color)

l_ce0085b7917541359a7bf3f073a10c7c.jpg

Here are some abstract impressionist pieces I made this week:

GAME
l_b6c930fbaf9648e3bde78cb03a0fea3d.jpg

DAUB
l_fb8800d59f2c432ab9d0989ea17321ba.jpg

SYNC
l_b56693bc47c04a16b8d1e04b8452d693.jpg

Arcipello

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
Do you have this wallpaper sized? It's beautiful.

im afraid since it was just a sketch i sized it down and saved it as the image you see right there.

C'mon guys lets keep this thread going! don't make me start posting my old deviantart stuff just to bump it up.

some random sketches from last week.

brushgirls.jpg

Prax

Okay, time to dump some of my stuffs onto you! XD

Brought to you by the Great Gaf Art Challenge--hey, why aren't you guys participating?!

Placeholders I made to keep the thread bumped. lol
GGAC___Religion_by_Meibatsu.jpg

My final "submission" for GGAC 5 - Religion:
GGAC___Religion___Answers_by_Meibatsu.jpg

I really like.. stars.. XD

Pen stuff.. an Emperor! Well, he doesn't look too emperor-y here.. but maybe this is before he becomes the chosen one.. or he's playing incognito:
Oatmeal_Emperor_Roy_by_Meibatsu.jpg

New character design of a newish character. Nadathirez was made to fulfill a singing elvish citizen quota--he's more of a ranger/scout though:
Nadathirez_by_Meibatsu.jpg

I was feeling nostalgic and decided that a few old copyright infringing characters needed to be remade and revived.. >.> ... I think you can guess the original "inspiration" for my 10-year-old mind:
Talis__Blood__and_Navy_by_Meibatsu.jpg

And because I think Talis is sooooo cute:
Talis_by_Meibatsu.jpg

I like drawing furries. I actually really miss it! I'll probably do more. >.>

so1337

Arcipello said:
im afraid since it was just a sketch i sized it down and saved it as the image you see right there.

C'mon guys lets keep this thread going! don't make me start posting my old deviantart stuff just to bump it up.

some random sketches from last week.

brushgirls.jpg
I've been wondering what kind of brushes you use cause they look fantastic. Please do tell.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
OchreHand said:
http://www.funlabor.com/jeremy_deveraturda_funlaborcom_uproots_GAF.jpg

i've been on a red balloon kick lately
Looks like how I imagine 1984. Awesome!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
so1337 said:
I've been wondering what kind of brushes you use cause they look fantastic. Please do tell.

Seconded, I know you use Painter but I wonder what you got going for Photoshop stuff :)

Arcipello

orioto said:
You got a thing with fishes right :lol
Really pretty as usual !

You use painter well
and it uses you back^^

haha yeah, atleast they send me free copies and stuff... its not all bad:D

zoukka

An aquarelle I did for a poster for our school. Haven't done much coulouring, but it turned out pretty nice. So relaxing when compared to drawing...

akvarellitaustanetti.jpg

zoukka

Dreweyes said:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/74/l_ce1b0ddcbd594095948da907dcd1a4f7.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I like your style! I presume you used some photoshop etc, and I'm cutious in which areas?

I would like to see a version where the background would be orange of example. It now takes some power away from the character because the background bleeds from the eyes. But if that was your intention then don't listen to me :)

Boozeroony

Awesome stuff here. It really frustrates me that I have all these ideas in my head, but I lack the talent and skills to realize them on paper.

zoukka

justjohn said:
Is drawing a natural talent or can you learn from someone? especially someone who hasnt got a clue how to draw.

No it's not a natural talent (well of course the learning curve varies) and everyone can learn to draw. Fastest way would be some sort of art-lessons or a (really patient) friend who is a master of sorts :b

But yeah I've seen so many stick-figure makers evolve into painters and great artists, there's no question here about it.

Get to it.

Arcipello

justjohn said:
Is drawing a natural talent or can you learn from someone? especially someone who hasnt got a clue how to draw.

I guess it helps to love drawing as a child, the brain learns more about the complexities involved in creating an image... but i remember when i started colour my images i had a LOT to learn about colour and light and its taken about 6 years to go from the like of this below..

Skyward.jpg

to more recent stuff like this

Softly_sleeping_by_arcipello.png

the key for wanting to do anything well however is passion without it you won't go far.

Daamn Arcipello
thats quite a progression

Here's two of the comics I've made for the student newspaper here at the University of Texas and one simple self portrait
johnthorn1.jpg

johnthorn2.jpg

selfportait.jpg

zoukka

Arcipello said:
I guess it helps to love drawing as a child, the brain learns more about the complexities involved in creating an image...

Then again realistic style is just one of the many. Clarity, imagination and expressivity are huge factors as well. Remember that many famous artist aren't necessary masters at drawing.

Portrait of my girlfriend:

Pointillism works, except with the lips.

zoukka said:
Here's a remade version of the comic I already posted here a while ago. Feedback is appreciated. Decided to go for more contrast and clarity. Not very happy about the last page and the rushed conclusion :(

http://www.pelaajalauta.fi/files/11/diku_netti1.jpg

http://www.pelaajalauta.fi/files/11/diku_netti2.jpg
http://www.pelaajalauta.fi/files/11/diku_netti3.jpg

http://www.pelaajalauta.fi/files/11/diku_netti4.jpg
looks much cleaner and better to follow. I preferred the lighting of the match from last time though.

Arcipello said:
I guess it helps to love drawing as a child, the brain learns more about the complexities involved in creating an image... but i remember when i started colour my images i had a LOT to learn about colour and light and its taken about 6 years to go from the like of this below..

the key for wanting to do anything well however is passion without it you won't go far.

It's interesting to see one's skills improve over time. Looking back at it you know you'll never ever be able to create the same art you used to do. It's like a mind-boggling reverse-amnesia.

My latest piece:
lost_tank.jpg

Mik2121

Some stuff I've been working on recently:

Fruits!!

apple1.jpg
apple2.jpg
apple3.jpg
apple4.jpg

lemon1.jpg
lemon2.jpg
lemon3.jpg
lemon4.jpg

Each done in under 15 minutes.

And some hand studies in my sketchbook:

sketchbookpage1.jpg
sketchbookpage2.jpg
sketchbookpage3.jpg
sketchbookpage4.jpg

Mik2121

Made this today during class while listening at the teacher (brought a pen tablet with me, lol). It took me 2 hours so I had to finish it during the lunch break.

spartanhelmet.jpg

Max@GC

Arcipello said:

Wait. So you made this?

x679.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Sure thing! That looks amazing by the way.

This is a wip for a WoW commission. Coincidentally I just started working on a portfolio for Blizzard, so this is a good chance :)

wow_tony_wip_02.jpg

Also working on a Chrono Trigger piece, but its too rough right now to see anything.

Dreweyes said:
Post your artwork already!

Here is one that I did. I enjoy doing portraits of athletes. This one is special due to me meeting Hank Aaron and having him sign the lazer copy I made, I gave him the original.
HankAutoPainting4.jpg

BarkleyAutoPainting1.jpg

This one of Barkley I did when I was 15 (14 years ago :( ) and I was able to have his wife get him to sign it at a Suns game.

Mato

O hey time to redeem myslef. I don't know how I ever missed such an obvious "plug your own stuff" thread, unless I've posted before and forget it.

roux.png

kazoo2.png

echoes-of-yonder-1.png

preminitive%20copy.png

Collage.gif

childrensbook.gif

Remorse.gif

BazaarSmall.jpg

You can all hate my "broken grafix card" style in turns.

Always looking to work together with someone over some kind of joint project.

freakita.com
myspace.com/neomato

Mato

zoukka said:
Mato I fucking love the last image. Bigger version?

Best piece on this page.

Hi thanks I wish more people liked my shitty failure artistic underachiever side.

Bazaar.jpg

They always look better in thumbnail heh. This is sketch for a cover of a childrens novella I would call "Froulain and the Mysterious Radio transmission".

OchreHand

awesome work guys :) !
i like a lot of the pieces posted lately...

Mato that last piece you posted is really strange but aesthetically pleasing

Top Bottom