• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian and Mixed-Race People are the Fastest Growing Segments of US Population

Barrage

Disagree still. I did not say all white people the same amount of white privilege. For example, "white trash" don't have as much privilege as non "white trash." You are just trying to rationalize.

You are white, and enjoy white privilege. Is it as much as a WASP? Nope, but such is life. Not all white people are equal, after all.

The "privilege" white people have is the default, it is everyone else who is treated worse due to their skin color. Therefore, if you are treated better than say, the darkest, most "thug" person, who also happens to be dark skinned, and that better treatment is due to your skin color, then that's white privilege, and therefore you're white. There's no use even debating me, there's plenty of evidence in the literature. Any disagreement you have is just a way for you to act like you're the same as some other black folks without fully acknowledging your privilege.

Light enough to have white privilege, dark enough to be called nigger.

Man, I'm a lucky guy.

Half of all Latino and Hispanic Americans identify as White.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Hispanic_and_Latino_Americans

The complaints I have heard is that their isn't another category for them. Once you choose Hispanic, you either decide White, Black, Asian, or some other race. Middle Eastern are stuck with White or Other.

The new census in 2020 is trying to fix it by just asking if you are Black, White , MENA, Hispanic, etc and do a write in if you want

Shredderi

I can only imagine how horrified my Finnish mother's relatives (they're pretty racist) were when she got married to my Iranian dad. It makes me smile.

Yeah I think there will always be more pushback in cases where a "foreign" male marries the native woman. There will be that whole "they taking our women" thing and the whole thing is seen as more negative than if it was a foreign woman marrying a native man. Conversely, the same seems to happen in middle-eastern community as well here in Finland where there is a lot of pushback from the middle-eastern woman's relatives towards her marrying a native Finnish man.

Tizocc

Neo Member
The complaints I have heard is that their isn't another category for them. Once you choose Hispanic, you either decide White, Black, Asian, or some other race. Middle Eastern are stuck with White or Other.

The new census in 2020 is trying to fix it by just asking if you are Black, White , MENA, Hispanic, etc and do a write in if you want

That is the problem .I used to not know what to put .I didnt feel like I could put white since I am not and i cant put native american because that usually refers only to natives from the US not mexico.So I would just write in mestizo though sometimes i fill in both white and native depending if the native includes latin american indians

Top Bottom