• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed and Final Fantasy XV collaboration announced (in-game playable event)

What game should Final Fantasy XV partner with next?

Results are only viewable after voting.

VariantX

Looks fun. It's also blatantly obvious that all this DLC in FFXV is a perfect testbed to try and test out new mechanics well ahead FFXVI. If it gets me more stuff for my purchase, I got no reason to complain.

That would be so cool.

In the artwork the main character from Origins os using it:

view.php

That would be so cool.

Looks like AC will at least get a behemoth fight and the ultima blade, considering swords and lions are already a thing in it...
ff gets the costumes, the medjay shield/sword weapon and and a fight against the snake from the trailer (with a cactuar on its head)

ac probably gets more as well considering the scope of the dlc in xv is pretty big .

a royal insomnia outfit for ac would be baller as fuck

Ray Down

Banned
Looks fun. It's also blatantly obvious that all this DLC in FFXV is a perfect testbed to try and test out new mechanics well ahead FFXVI. If it gets me more stuff for my purchase, I got no reason to complain.

This team are doing a new IP, not 16.

DemWalls

That looked way cooler than it had any right to.
I would've liked it even more if every member of the group had a different outfit from different AC chapters.

LordKano

If you love FFXV, it is best for your sanity to put Lord Kano on Ignore. I did it long ago. Sadly those who quote his post let me see what he has to say in every thread. Oh well....

It's a shame, I wasn't even arguing the game's quality here, just how SE is handling the marketing and the whole FFXV extended universe.

Sorry if it's that bothering, I'll just stop commenting FFXV threads then, I don't really see how it benefits me anyway. And people seems to be really angry when I do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

_Ryo_

I hope everyone realizes that this isn't the first game to do this.

MGS4 has an Altair outfit for Snake
Ezio was a playable character in SoulCalibur V
FFXIII-2 had an Ezio costume from Revelations
LBP2 had Assassin's Creed outfits
TF2 had Assassin's Creed items

FFXV is just being superfluous with the crossover.

I don't have a problem with cross-overs. Also LBP had all sorts of third party content, just like Minecraft.

My sole criticism is that the event is limited which is just a restriction for restrictions sake.

It's a shame, I wasn't even arguing the game's quality here, just how SE is handling the marketing and the whole FFXV extended universe.

Sorry if it's that bothering, I'll just stop commenting FFXV threads then, I don't really see how it benefits me anyway. And people seems to be really angry when I do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

People aren't angry. They're just pointing out dumb shit.

LordKano

『Inaba Resident』;246882080 said:
People aren't angry. They're just pointing out dumb shit.

I don't see how you can point my opinion, that I'm not asking anyone to agree with, about something I don't like as dumb, unless I did some factual errors or something.

Village

They have good ideas with FFXV and its engine, so I'd rather them reuse those assets for a game worthy of them rather than stretch out mess that was the end product.

You don't even know if they aren't doing this. And them doing things like this doesn't take resources away, or rather enough to stop them from doing this. Along with people who enjoy this game getting more content.

I get you right, you want a game that isn't two games smashed together because square enix fuck ups. I get you , I want that and I love this game. There's shit from earlier trailers that I want more of in this game.

That said, yelling no no no no stop at an optional, free promotional crossoever that you can choose to engage in or not. Is literally big ass baby status. Not only because its not appropriate for whats going on, but because disdain could have been communicated way better. All dude had to say was " this looks jaaa wack my dude" and that would have been the end that.

There's time for big emotional statements in video games where you can't quite articulate what you are saying, you should probably articulate yourself, but those moments exists. A free thing, that is crossover between franchises people enjoy that you can choose not to enage in. That has none of the pre-order, and fee to pay mircrotransaction bullshit that actually makes video games worse. Harmless, this harmless thing its not the time for that.

If you love FFXV, it is best for your sanity to put Lord Kano on Ignore. I did it long ago. Sadly those who quote his post let me see what he has to say in every thread. Oh well....
As infuriating as it get sometimes, I feel really bad whenever I think about putting someone on ignore because I feel like I'm not letting them voice their opinion however different they they may be from mine.

So I just don't use the ignore button cuz I literally feel guilty haha.

Yukinari

So is Ubisoft the one approaching companies like Nintendo and Square for these use of their IP together?

Is Namco gonna do it too and get Splinter Cell into Tekken somehow.

This thread: I don't like this FREE THING so it shouldn't exist.

I don't think anyone is saying it shouldn't exists. It just comes off as weird and a little lame to me. Crossovers that don't start off as a crossover to begin with are a double edged sword to me. For one it's neat that this thing has a crossover with that other thing but, on the other hand this just seems odd or worse doesn't match whatever it's doing in X game. Crossovers work to differing degrees. This one doesn't seem that bad but, I think more people are bothered by all this weird stuff that is in a non-service FF game (MMO or Mobile game). Although at this point I guess 15 might be one of those soon anyway.

Looks cool!

Some of my favorite outfits in games is the assassins garb. And they even went further than just costumes. Sweet!

time for story stuff though Tabata. >.>

TheCed

So now that we have a Climbing Mechanics, can we have that 2013 leviathan battle ?

I know it's free stuff, I won't complaint too much. Looks well done but... I dunno, it doesn't feel right.

Did no one bother to read the fucking OP?

This was also in the works before the game even launched. Originally teased in the Omen trailer followed by the teaser in the AC: Origins Gamescom cinematic trailer.

The survey ended in June and you can be sure that the story content promised in the survey as voted by the fans is coming as well. Just chill out, jeez. Why everyone has to be negative over a free DLC?

It's still so fucking weird.

conpfreak

You don't even know if they aren't doing this. And them doing things like this doesn't take resources away, or rather enough to stop them from doing this. Along with people who enjoy this game getting more content.

I get you right, you want a game that isn't two games smashed together because square enix fuck ups. I get you , I want that and I love this game. There's shit from earlier trailers that I want more of in this game.

That said, yelling no no no no stop at an optional, free promotional crossoever that you can choose to engage in or not. Is literally big ass baby status. Not only because its not appropriate for whats going on, but because disdain could have been communicated way better. All dude had to say was " this looks jaaa wack my dude" and that would have been the end that.

There's time for big emotional statements in video games where you can't quite articulate what you are saying, you should probably articulate yourself, but those moments exists. A free thing, that is crossover between franchises people enjoy that you can choose not to enage in. That has none of the pre-order, and fee to pay mircrotransaction bullshit that actually makes video games worse. Harmless, this harmless thing its not the time for that.

It's great that it's a free update and I will try it out, but I think it's important to at least be somewhat critical of how Square Enix and the FFXV dev team has handled the base game and post launch content of the game. I'll leave it at that. The trailer gameplay itself looks pretty good for what it is. Altissia seems like a better fit for this though.

It's still so fucking weird.
I'd say the Cup Noodles stuff was way more weird. This seems pretty cool and the outfits are actually nice while they are using this to bring some side characters back into action. This is also likely accessed by a separate menu and not integrated in the actual main game so it doesn't affect the main experience. I am also hopefully Story Content details are coming, if not Gamescom then TGS.

I still think Cup Noodles collaboration was the lowest point in FFXV. Lame outfit and the lame story trailer with Cup Noodles.

Let me guess, if it was the exact same thing, and had no relation with Assassin's Creed, it would be awesome right?

I think I figured it out.

the problem (for gaf) is that its ff.
even mario in ac wouldnt bother them as much..

xv's collab isnt even that jarring, atleast both the games are aesthetically somewhat grounded

Hmm, just when you thought this game couldn't surprise you anymore they go and do this, lol. Looks cool and most importantly it's free. Not a fan of it being a timed event though.

Maybe if it had story relation to XV, yeah and there was a reason for it... yeah. This just looks like WHAT in terms of the FFXV universe. It's downright silly.
How would you explain the Mass Effect armor and Ezio armor in Final Fantasy XIII-2.

No I'm serious about the question. I never got the DLC so I have no idea if there was a change of dialogue or something. I just saw it on the store one day.

What I hate is being constantly reminded that FFXV exists and that I absolutely need to be aware of it, even when I'm playing completely unrelated games. As long as their cross-promotion stuff stays in their game, I'm fine.

You can't be serious with this post. You don't like FFXV, so when you're reminded of its existence you have to come into threads to let everyone know how much you can't stand being reminded of it's existence. Get out of here with that shit. Just ignore it if it offends you that much. How old are you?

silva1991

What the hell Tabata? j/k

I actually this it looks cool.

Looking forward to the inevitable FFXV Monster Hunter Festival.

You know, I want some monsters from both FFXV and Horizon to be in Monster Hunter world

I want king behemoth and thunderjaw.

What I hate is being constantly reminded that FFXV exists and that I absolutely need to be aware of it, even when I'm playing completely unrelated games. As long as their cross-promotion stuff stays in their game, I'm fine.

I just hope you won't be the first one to celebrate FFXV
pocket edition
coming to Switch and make a thread about it :p

I would confused if FFXIV was doing an AC crossover, which would at least make some sense. This being for XV is just weird though. I can't wait for this games version of Dancing All Night.

XIV had a Yokai Watch crossover that didn't make much sense.

Crossovers have been a thing for a while in the series. Difference here is that effort was put in.

taking a closer look at the art, this is a way bigger deal...
looks like ac will also get chocobos lmao , and noctis will get an actual bow...wth brand new combat animations just for dlc promotion....
and most of the stuff in the trailer isnt even in the art...

cant wait for the ac side trailer..as bizarre as it is im really excited for that lol

LordKano

You can't be serious with this post. You don't like FFXV, so when you're reminded of its existence you have to come into threads to let everyone know how much you can't stand being reminded of it's existence. Get out of here with that shit. Just ignore it if it offends you that much. How old are you?

I explained in later posts, but hey, I don't get why people are that angry with this post. I don't like this kind of marketing with this game, and explaining it in this thread has nothing to do with being bothered with this actual thread. If any people that don't like a game/a practice couldn't say it because other people would just come "if you don't like/care, just don't post !", what would be the point of a forum ?

I'll delete my post because I don't want it to be endlessly quoted but huh I don't get some people's reactions here.

I just hope you won't be the first one to celebrate FFXV
pocket edition
coming to Switch and make a thread about it :p

Lol, you can be sure of that.

Top Bottom