• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed and Final Fantasy XV collaboration announced (in-game playable event)

What game should Final Fantasy XV partner with next?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Remember back on the Omen CG trailer for FF15 it had the Assassins Creed Logo? I guess they were sorting deals out at the time?

0JgtI7U.png

I always thought that was just because there was stealth elements in FFXV.

Bizzquik

Yeah, this is aimed right at me. I've literally completed almost all of the Assassin's Creed games, but I've never touched a Final Fantasy game.

I was planning on playing Final Fantasy XV with my Xbox One X. And now I know I am.

Well done, S.E. and Ubi.

I just saw a video for this, I thought someone threw a hit of acid in my coffee...

This is pretty uncharted territory for Final Fantasy and Assassins Creed, both are very established series' by now but this is new for any series really. It makes you wonder how much was paid to Ubisoft to put this together or if it will be all paid in micro transactions?

It doesn't actually look too bad, dare I say it, it actually looks fun, its just weird.

This game in general though... FFXV has done alot of bizarre things since they've been doing all these updates. The (now) annual Moogle/ Chocobo Festival, the ability to change the Regalia into a monster truck and go off road, the timed quests, then the currency for doing timed quests, the multiplayer and now this. It makes me think Square-Enix wants to keep this game as relevant as possible until they announce something new or give a release date for the first part of the remake.

This one just kinda messes with my head, not in a bad way it'd just be like Mario running through Sonic levels collecting rings. Something you would have expected to do with a Game Genie back in the day.

Starting on August 31, 2017 until January 31, 2018, you can partake in this limited time event, featuring gameplay elements from the Assassin’s Creed game series, mini-games, and a chance to obtain exclusive items, such as the “Medjay Assassin’s Robes” for Noctis, Gladiolus, Ignis, and Prompto.

Final Fantasy XV: Assassin’s Festival is available as a free download from the PlayStation Store and Xbox Store!

The “Master Assassin’s Robes” for Noctis can be obtained via the Dream Egg, a special item from the Moogle Chocobo Carnival. The Moogle Chocobo Carnival is going on now and will end in late September, so don’t miss out on this opportunity!
Looks like there are two outfits. One is for the whole party and doesn't need the Dream Egg. The other is available for just Nocits and requires the Dream Egg. I already have it so I can't wait to get both of them.

yunbuns

It's hilarious how we keep getting all this content nobody asked for instead of fixing the story which everybody asked for.

Unless, they remake the game (which they aren't going to do) the story isn't going to magically be fixed by patching in some cutscenes and adding dlc. I don't know what some of you are expecting at this point.

Mailbox

that trailer looked... better than expected wtf. I expected this just to be a moogle-chocobo fest again, but looks like we have expanded gameplay options and battles too. wtf.

Kaizer

Banned
Me buying and playing FFXV early was a mistake, I should have waited 8 months.

I agree, but the hype was too much. I enjoyed FFXV for what it was, it's nowhere near a masterpiece or fantastic Final Fantasy game in my opinion, but I'm really looking forward to playing it again sometime in the future with all the updates & DLC they've released.

It's hilarious how we keep getting all this content nobody asked for instead of fixing the story which everybody asked for.
It's hilarious that lots of posters don't realize that they can have multiple people on different projects at the same time so that means that multiple things are being worked on. But instead they resort to cheap hot takes and probably would have been the same people who would have complained if Square had released nothing extra to the game while they were waiting for the story content.

Koozek

FFXIII-2 had AssCreed costumes too (and Mass Effect):
8043style_06-copy.jpg

Fake-EDIT: Wtf, before I watched the trailer I thought it'd just be costumes!? Has more set piece city parkouring like in the E3 '13 trailer than the actual Altissia section in the final game, lol. I don't mind the silliness of it all when it's just a free update anyway. Just embrace it 🤷

Now, yeah, this effort could've went into something that fleshes out the actual main game's story, but I honestly expect them to do some kinda second Season Pass next year with Episode Ardyn and stuff like that from the June polls, anyway.

Unless, they remake the game (which they aren't going to do) the story isn't going to magically be fixed by patching in some cutscenes and adding dlc. I don't know what some of you are expecting at this point.

The story is there and its good, delivery was the problem. They can make it a lot better adding more cutscenes. Of course it wont help with poor directing and some weird choises and story pacing issues, but all "who's jared" memes could be fixed if there would be actually cut scenes and flashbacks who jared even was.

Wont fix everything but still make it a lot better.

benzopil

It's hilarious that lots of posters don't realize that they can have multiple people on different projects at the same time so that means that multiple things are being worked on. But instead they resort to cheap hot takes and probably would have been the same people who would have complained if Square had released nothing extra to the game while they were waiting for the story content.

I can understand this argument when we are talking about Afrojack sword, Cup Noodles helmet etc. But here we have lots of content with plot (?), quests, costumes, new gameplay mechanics, voiceovers and a lot of different stuff. Everything that could be a regular DLC if you replace assassin's stuff with regular things.

It's free and looks like it'll be fun.
Some free costumes and a more explorable Lestallum(temporary I'm guessing) is pretty great.

I see nothing wrong, I'm hyped.

Ferr986

Worst part of this is that I avoided the Carnival event because I still have Aranea glitched... but I want the Master Aassassin outfit ....

UrbanRats

426020831_14815_11059624208366723766.jpg

I always wondered if they were allowed to do that. Now I see why!

However, eagle-eyed fans may want to go back and look at a Final Fantasy XV trailer from November of last year, the Assassin's Creed Origins announcement trailer, and most recently, the Assassin's Creed Origins Gamescom trailer to spot Easter eggs signaling the unofficial start of the references made between the two franchises
They seem to imply that even the two AC trailers have Easter eggs, but aside from the dog in the latest trailer, looking awfully similar to Umbra, i didn't see anything related to FFXV.

True Fire

I haven't read any comments yet, but I'm sure they're all positive and there isn't a single "you need to move on to XVI" comment

Niosai

Completely free content that looks fun and is absolutely optional and people still find a way to complain about it... I will never understand.

Anyways, for those asking, getting the dream egg is fairly easy. If available, go to "Special" in the main menu and go to the festival. Fastest way (or at least how I did it) to get the 50 tickets
is to do the Moogle Plush photo quest and the arena minigames.
Spoiler tagged that in case anyone cares about those kinds of spoilers.

Honestly this looks fun. Hope the climbing is something added outside just this.

True Fire

The story can not be fixed lol, remake is the only way.

I really don't get where this "the story is an unforgivable mess" meme came from.

They told us what happened to Ravus. They just need to explain Ardyn's backstory (planned), and explain Ifrit's role in the scourge (planned) and the story will be 100% coherent.

... I really do want them to move on to XVI though.

When they do FFXVI it's not gonna be with Tabata or BD2. They're focusing on FFXV and making a brand new IP likely carrying over the tech the lessons learned from FFXV.

With FF7R becoming an internal project I don't see them having enough staff to do XVI just yet.

Top Bottom