• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: American Revolution setting confirmed [Game Informer/Box Art]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is definitely new thread worthy

Source: http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-the-star-of-assassins-creed-iii
original.jpg

Also... this is showing up on gameinformer's site apparently:
ACIII-static-970-banner.jpg

edit: covers from official AC facebook page

gameinformer art:

Mod edit:
For those with lacking knowledge of history, the game is about this:
The American Revolutionary War (1775–1783), the American War of Independence, or simply the Revolutionary War, began as a war between the Kingdom of Great Britain and thirteen British colonies in North America, and ended in a global war between several European great powers.

Not about this:
The American Civil War (1861–1865), often referred to simply as The Civil War in the United States, was a civil war fought in the United States of America. In response to the election of Abraham Lincoln as President of the United States, 11 southern slave states declared their secession from the United States and formed the Confederate States of America ("the Confederacy"); the other 25 states supported the federal government ("the Union"). After four years of warfare, mostly within the Southern states, the Confederacy surrendered and slavery was outlawed everywhere in the nation. Issues that led to war were partially resolved in the Reconstruction Era that followed, though others remained unresolved.

And not about this either:
The War of 1812 was a military conflict fought between the forces of the United States of America and those of the British Empire. The Americans declared war in 1812 for several reasons, including trade restrictions due to Britain's ongoing war with France, the impressment of American merchant sailors into the Royal Navy, British support of American Indian tribes against American expansion, outrage over insults to national honour after humiliations on the high seas and possible American desire to annex Canada

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oooooh shit. I am so down for this.

duckroll

I can't wait to play as a Native American Assassin killing the founding fathers of America while climbing 3-story buildings!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!

Yuripaw

Banned
I just want Desmond's story already :( This entire series is starting to feel like filler, and it's pissing me off.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Who the fuck says it will be titled as "The American Revolution"?

antonz

Hyped because the time period should require changing up gameplay to a degree as gunpowder is now the dominant weapon and the territory itself is still rather undeveloped

AMERICA

That's actually pretty good. Wonder if the architecture will be good or if they'll have to push things in another direction

Duffyside

Banned
I can't wait to play as a Native American Assassin killing the founding fathers of America while climbing 3-story buildings!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!

I'm grown-up enough to realize that the Americans can't be painted as the most pure and wonderful people of all time, buuuuuut if they make them the evil templars and the main character is killing George Washington and Thomas Jefferson I am going to be so uber-pissed.

Good thing that's not going to happen. England will clearly be the Templars, and Benny Frank will the the new Davinci, and they won't paint the Americans as perfect, but that's fine by me.

If people don't mind.

If I had to play JUST ONE of the Ezio games before this comes out, which one should it be?

Basically, don't wanna burn myself out on the franchise before this hits ....made that mistake when I platinumed Arkham Asylum and went straight into Arkham City =(

Dennis

Banned
I want to assassinate all the Founding Fathers before they can found America.

Finally a game that will allow me to keep the Colonies loyal to the Crown!

Ubisoft bowing to pressure and giving us a game in a setting without tall buildings.......

Jtrizzy

I like the idea of an Assassin working in secret with George Washington etc to defeat the British (it looks like he is pointing to something on a battlefield), but just use a guys face and kill the hood. It must be done, no one wore hoods like that back then.

Still not sure how they are going to explain the Native American angle, but it will be interesting.

If people don't mind.

If I had to play JUST ONE of the Ezio games before this comes out, which one should it be?

Basically, don't wanna burn myself out on the franchise before this hits ....made that mistake when I platinumed Arkham Asylum and went straight into Arkham City =(

2. Can't go wrong with Brotherhood, either, but 2 is the best.

Who the fuck says it will be titled as "The American Revolution"?

Nobody, I think they're just framing the discussion by putting the major revelation in the title.

In any case, this franchise has been badass since day one, and a big part of the reason is that it takes players to settings no other game does.

I'm not much of an American history buff, but I trust Ubisoft Montreal to do some badass stuff with this game.

Just inject it straight into my veins!

I like the idea of an Assassin working in secret with George Washington etc to defeat the British (it looks like he is pointing to something on a battlefield), but just use a guys face and kill the hood. It must be done, no one wore hoods like that back then.

Still not sure how they are going to explain the Native American angle, but it will be interesting.

Your lack of understanding for branding and iconography is killing me inside.

The hood stays. You may go.

Moaradin

If people don't mind.

The only good one in Assassin's Creed 2.

Dead

well not really...yet
If people don't mind.

Assassin's Creed II is the best of the 3.

duckroll

I'm grown-up enough to realize that the Americans can't be painted as the most pure and wonderful people of all time, buuuuuut if they make them the evil templars and the main character is killing George Washington and Thomas Jefferson I am going to be so uber-pissed.

Good thing that's not going to happen. England will clearly be the Templars, and Benny Frank will the the new Davinci, and they won't paint the Americans as perfect, but that's fine by me.

Erm, did you skip all the bonus content in the previous AC games? The hidden message code stuff throughout the series confirms that Washington is a Templar, and that America in general is a country created to further the Templar cause by creating a culture and society that is most easily controlled by the Templar order's ultimate plan.

It's not new.

If people don't mind.

To have fun as a game? Revelations. Story wise AC2. Youtube is your friend.

If people don't mind.

2. It's the best Assassin's Creed

If people don't mind.

You should play AC2 and Brotherhood. The two are inseparable. One ends where the other begins.

But you can skip Revelations because it mostly fills in back story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom