• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Wii U version thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna jump on multiplayer for a few rounds. Maybe I'll see some of you gaffers.

Just so people know, switch between on and off tv by holding both analog sticks clicked in for a few seconds.

xandaca

Hopefully I'll be getting this. I ordered it online aaaaaaaaaaaaages ago for £25 on some special promotion, but have since changed my credit card so am not sure if the transaction will go through (aka if it'll let me pay with my new card) or if it will be cancelled straight away. Fingers crossed.

Seik

Banned
Can't wait for more comparisons, IIRC the Wii U version of AC3 was far from being the best port against the PS360 ones, hope Ubi will step their game up with this one.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I would really love to try an AC on the U but the PC always wins because of a number of factors..which is sad but what are you gonna do

Nice surprise to see this port is good, and other Multiplats on Wii U are getting good impressions like Deus Ex and Batman AO. Now hoping for CoD Ghosts.

Anyone with DLC on the other versions want to pass impressions, only so that if Wii U doesn't get it, it'd be interesting to know if it's worth crying over. :p

Considering Batman lacked the multiplayer, and everyone is saying it's lackluster.

Sadly this doesn't translate to $10 off here, but then again, it costs money for DLC anyway, so it evens out I guess. :p

rawktapus

I hate how the unexplored parts of the map look like water. I keep looking at the pad thinking " how am I going to swim all the way to my objective? " then look back up to realise I'm in the middle of Havanna.I'm not too bright :p

Effect

Having an issue with Uplay. Can't log into it. Can't seem to update the password within the app itself either. I updated my password on the website as I also us the PC client. Is there something I'm missing here? Do I need to delete the app and redownload it? Will I lose all the progress I made with the various Ubisoft games?

Send in a email to support but wondering if there is anything else I can do before they respond.

@Smiles and Cries Wow. Long stay. Hope you're okay now.

Speaking of AC3, I still haven't tried my copy. And how many patches were released and how much is the total size of them all together?

Any list of patches and their fixes?

With all the issues that AC3 had I still enjoyed the game. I think its cause I took a break from AC series by skipping AC2 and all the side games that story arch had. Im def getting AC4 on the Wii U. After experiencing playing these games with the gamepad, I just cant go back.

Graphics look pretty good too!

Bizubani

Neo Member
One more set of Assassin"s screenshots - I fear they may be getting spoilery.

OW3LkEJgqNZf

BcZ0jnMSgv3y

juJpLnHvDaRa

BGzxQi3ImUFm

Darmik

I'm pretty impressed with these shots actually. It's making me reconsider waiting to get it on PS4 next year.

So is this the first time we can call the Wii U version next gen because of it's obvious improvements? Seems to be closer to PS4 than PS360. That's unexpected.

Now if Watch Dogs can do the same.

Anyone able to confirm resolutions compared to all versions? What did DF say about the PS360 versions' native res?

I'm pretty impressed with these shots actually. It's making me reconsider waiting to get it on PS4 next year.

From what I heard, AC4 should not be a reason to get a next gen system as the difference is minor, even with X360. But if you happen to get the PS4 for some other games and can wait for it, then go ahead. I am actually impressed with the Wii U version. Gives me even more hope for future releases. Wii U seems to be a very balance system for 720p, including next gen GPU features.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Its a shame people seem more academically interested than they are in actually purchasing. It'll likely tank as all games have been and will be a swan song for third parties on the console. Shame really, as its super good.

MYE

Again, why is this game more expensive than your average Wii U game in the UK?
89 dollars!!!! What in the name of FUCK are you doing Ubisoft?

EDarkness

Its a shame people seem more academically interested than they are in actually purchasing. It'll likely tank as all games have been and will be a swan song for third parties on the console. Shame really, as its super good.

I did my part and picked it up. Considering I've never played any other Assassin's Creed games, I find that to be quite a feat. Hope it's good since I can't play it until next week.

Oh, and Smiles, hope you're feeling better, man.

What did DF say about the PS360 versions' native res?

720p unlocked framerate with some dips in the 20s.

In the here and now Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag marks another excellent cross-platform release that is well worth picking up for both PS3 and 360 owners respectively. Arguably the 360 version offers up the smoothest overall experience across a general run of play, but that shouldn't stop you from picking up the excellent PS3 game if that is your primary format of choice

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-face-off

It really is a shame. I will give it a go at the first $40 sale as I need to get other games and I am currently finishing AC3, which I did enjoy despite GAFs majority hating it. Most of the recently released games are worth the money, it is a shame I need to reduce my gaming dollars because you know, LIFE.

The game looks good. I opted to pick up Lego Marvel Super Heroes in place of this, but now I'm kind of changing my mind. I'm glad to see they did a great job, and if these comparisons are anything to go on, there's a notable improvement.

I'm okay with the changes they did with the Gamepad. I always found myself going back to the original way of weapon and item switching and using the controller for map purposes. I'm assuming it does have off-TV play, right? I don't need to use this feature as often as others, but I took advantage of it in the 3rd game. It's a real treat.

Effect

I'm going to enjoy the games on the Wii U while I can. I enjoyed AC3 and I'm enjoying AC4. I would have enjoyed Watch_Dogs as well if I came out but glad it didn't though. Spending to much money as it is. If they stop coming that's on Nintendo for not doing enough to both expand the user base and make people interested in those games. They've done a piss poor job all around. I'm not going to dwell on it though. When they stop coming I'll just have to decide how I proceed from there. Especially when it comes to this series. That's the only thing I as a customer can do in the end.

Oh it seems that Ubisoft server issue is wide spread I think. There's no problem at all with my ISP or system so it's on Ubisoft.

GulAtiCa

I'm tempted to pick this up. Might just hold back and get it next month. AC3 wasn't that fun, though wasn't bad. Is this better so far?

btrboyev

So is this the first time we can call the Wii U version next gen because of it's obvious improvements? Seems to be closer to PS4 than PS360. That's unexpected.

Now if Watch Dogs can do the same.

Anyone able to confirm resolutions compared to all versions? What did DF say about the PS360 versions' native res?

what improvements? It's the same game as the ps360 versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom