• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Liberation HD Coming January 14th - $20

Sectus

Getting some shitty performance on this game. on at 780 and had to lock it to 30 fps cause it kept dipping.

Did you check AA setting? It defaulted to max for me, and that had a gigantic effect on my framerate. Lowered that setting and FPS is 60 most of the time with a 770 at 2560x1440.

Karak

My review.
Youtube is being a bitch and not processing the file quickly so it is still at 360p ha. Oh youtube you glorious bastards.

But anyway.
Link

Lime

It comes together at the end, especially if you seek out the missing scenes.
What you have to remember is this is the 1st Abstergo AC game, in that you're not playing as Desmond revisiting his ancestors, you're playing a simulation produced by the bad guys of the 1st five games. So you can't trust everything you see and you should question anything that doesn't make sense...coz it's probably been tampered with.

It's all very meta. I've never had a problem with the Animus as much as others, but it's use as a story device in ACL and AC4 is very different from the other games.

Occam's razor.

The missing scenes are a result of lack of development time or they were simply left on the cutting floor. There's no diegetic excuse for sporadic holes in the narrative in this game.

Montresor

Please help me.

1) I bought AC4 Season Pass on my brother's 360. I was on vacation, visiting my brother's house, and it was a one-day sale, so I bought it right there instead of waiting to go back home. I then immediately deleted the pass, because Microsoft is supposed to be strict about sharing season passes. I deleted the pass immediately to avoid any chance of my brother accidentally using the pass.

2) I don't plan on playing AC4 on 360. But Ubisoft said that owning the 360 season pass lets you use the Xbox One season pass. As expected, when I went back to my apartment, I was able to load up my Xbox One and download the AC4 Season Pass for free. I've been enjoying the season pass ever since.

3) Today, I load up my own personal 360 at my apartment. I check AC Liberation's price and it's $20. Shouldn't it be discounted to $15 for AC4 Season Pass owners?

4) I had never downloaded the AC4 season pass on my personal 360 before. I only download it on my brother's 360 (when I originally bought it) and my Xbox One. So I went ahead and downloaded the AC4 season pass on my personal 360. No change - AC Liberation HD still shows up at $20.

Is there a special step required to receive the discounted price?

Lima

Not really no.

You get the discount by pressing on the tile that says AC Lib promotional offer or something. Should either be on your home screen when turning on the 360 or under the games tab.

Just don't look for the game directly. Gotta find that tile.

Montresor

Not really no.

You get the discount by pressing on the tile that says AC Lib promotional offer or something. Should either be on your home screen when turning on the 360 or under the games tab.

Just don't look for the game directly. Gotta find that tile.

What a nightmare. I could not find that tile. After 2.5 hours on the phone with Ubisoft and Microsoft, they ended up doing the following:

1) They told me to buy AC Liberation for $20

2) They gave me a $5 refund on Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 1. It was the only way for them to give me the discount lol. There was no other way for them to just credit $5 into my account. They had to refund an existing $5 purchase.

I can still play Walking Dead Season 2, thankfully.

frogg609

Just curious. Is Liberation looking better on PC, or is the original Vita version nicer looking due to the smaller screen?

Top Bottom