• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Origins - Hype Check

III-V

Ideal! It’s a shame we aren’t going to find out if it’s supported before release.

I know I am hoping the review embargo lets up soon so we have some additional information. Or when it hits stock in stores someone could read the back of the damn box

Some more gifs. With parkour. Love now that you can climb everything. Not only buildings.

MediumShoddyHoneybee.gif

TatteredPersonalArmyworm.gif

AccomplishedSomberCalf.gif

SorrowfulNearHatchetfish.gif

ImaginaryChiefGarpike.gif

if only I had a 4k TV and Xbox One X for it to look that good for me. I still need to play the last AC game so I'll wait for a sale for this, seeing how it's a Ubi title it will be half off in a few months. Hopefully this is different enough of a game from its predecessors, despite all the PR talk everything I've seen so far with this game looks like I'm going to have the same AC experience as always, just with a new local and some minor changes, fighting still rooks rough to me

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Any confirmation on if enemies respawn at outposts/forts once you clear them? Or at the very least an on/off option like in Far Cry 3/4? Also, is there a stamina bar when running/climbing/fighting? Thanks.

golem

Already pretty much done with Destiny 2 which lasted far shorter than I thought it would so really looking forward to ACO.

Najaf

Im kind of done with AC. The London one was cool, but I'm kind of meh on these of late. I'll be hyped when they announce feudal Japan. Come on already.

Ahasverus

Ubiblog's profile on the composer.

I really like it, but at the same time, this was the only track I felt like it could've been a bit.. more? Like I was waiting for some crescendo or something.

I wish I could take about music more intelligently.
You're not wrong. It feels like it's going somewhere, but it doesn't. Lacks the climax it's building up to.

GreyWind

Toa TAK

Banned
You're not wrong. It feels like it's going somewhere, but it doesn't. Lacks the climax it's building up to.
Yeah, her Infinite Warfare theme has that, but this lacks it.

Like I said, I still really dig it, but it could've been more.
Yep, I agree. Also to add to the Composer's Ubi link, here is another article with more tracks.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8005935/sarah-schachner-ancient-egypt-assassins-creed-origins

lol! I just linked that one, great minds and all.

Elginer

My most wanted game of this year. I'm a massive AC fan and this looks to be a real jump in the franchise. AC4 is my fav AC game for several reasons and this just looks fantastic.

I was excited at first, but after thinking of the last few games, I've decided to just hold off til it's bargain bin prices. Not that the last few games were bad, but they didn't make me feel like how did during the Ezio saga. AC3 and on, while mechanically awesome, the narrative left me cold.

Keasar

First Assassin's Creed since Black Flag I actually feel like I wanna play, Wolfenstein 2 has the priority of this month but if the reviews turn out great I think AC: Origins is gonna be very next on what to get.

Well I can get this on Uplay for £35.99, thanks to those Uplay Club points..thing which knocked off 20% from the price. S'not bad at all.

Branson

Speaking of modern day stuff, that stuff was really muted in Syndicate to the point that it was just a few cutscenes. I’m fine with that. Had some cool revelations with a mission tying some stuff together. I’m actually really glad I had that info going into this one if they are building on that. Who knows though.

dex3108

Speaking of modern day stuff, that stuff was really muted in Syndicate to the point that it was just a few cutscenes. I’m fine with that. Had some cool revelations with a mission tying some stuff together. I’m actually really glad I had that info going into this one if they are building on that. Who knows though.

Modern day is probably bigger than AC Unity/Syndicate and there is chance that is ti bigger than ACIV too.

spad3

I'm probably part of the minority that actually likes the Modern Day element of the games.

I really want them to do a full-on Modern-Day game with minimal past sections to continue the story. Navigate modern-day locales of some city (they can crossover with Watch Dogs again if they'd like, even pull some gameplay elements from it) but with the AC flavor. It'd be the perfect merger of the two franchises.

I really want to see
what Juno does after she possessed that one dude in Black Flag.

WE NEED MORE MODERN DAY!

norm9

I'm probably part of the minority that actually likes the Modern Day element of the games.

I really want them to do a full-on Modern-Day game with minimal past sections to continue the story. Navigate modern-day locales of some city (they can crossover with Watch Dogs again if they'd like, even pull some gameplay elements from it) but with the AC flavor. It'd be the perfect merger of the two franchises.

I really want to see
what Juno does after she possessed that one dude in Black Flag.

WE NEED MORE MODERN DAY!

If the modern day stuff had Stanley Parable elements, I'd be all in. But as is, they stink.

Raptor

Ubiblog's profile on the composer.

I really like it, but at the same time, this was the only track I felt like it could've been a bit.. more? Like I was waiting for some crescendo or something.

I wish I could take about music more intelligently.

I know exactly what you mean and I agree with you.

Stiler

Yeah I too would like to know if the pc version will support HDR/Atmos.

It'd be weird if they made those things for xbox one x and left them out of the pc version, but stranger things have happened.

enemy2k

Hype as fuck. I have a preorder in for the Xbox One version. I am going to start the game on the One S and transition to the One X when I upgrade, can't wait for that powah!

Top Bottom