• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins Legendary Edition on UPLay Store now for £700

theaface

If you're going to troll your fans, at least call it the Iconic Edition.

It will be a serious universal injustice if they manage to sell even one of these.

Oh, Ubisoft!

jennetics

I wonder how the meetings for these special editions went. And I wonder at which point the devs are like, "fuuuuuuu we were so close to just releasing this with no issues".

Get your head out of your buttocks, Ubisoft.

Lucreto

73cm statue for €799

I love these expensive collectors Editions but that's too rich for me.

I will get the normal Dawn of the Creed Edition.

Im feeling a bit of anger in the pit of my stomach. Just seeing that a $800 product that doesnt contain all the shit from the less expensive counter parts. Ffs, just have 3 separate products with slightly different content at the same price.

Because you'd actually want three Bayek statues of various sizes?

Somebody explain to me what's so bad about different packages having different superfluous stuff in them, please.

Because you'd actually want three Bayek statues of various sizes?

Somebody please explain to me what's so bad about different packages having different superfluous stuff in them, please.
Its not about the packages being different with superfluous stuff in it, its about the price point.

Edit: i guess I didnt understand the statues were the same. My point still stands that this shit is too expensive.

Phyla

For that money I could fly to Egypt tomorrow, spend a week in a five star resort and get a statue of my own image erected on a local town square.

realwords

What's the hubbub about? If you don't like it, don't buy it. Some of you have spent $800 total on a wasted form of entertainment or hobby.

Pyccko

Not sure who needs a 2 and a half foot statue of assassin man in their house, but hey if they want to spend $800 on it, that's none of my business.

Azull

$999.99 CAD!?!? Yo what the fuck ubisoft.

lt0HyRQ.png

xintin

I am convinced a good 40% of that extra year was spent in marketing meetings deciding just how much they thought they could charge for this nonsense.

Trident7

why would you need 2 of the amulets one in resin and one not in resin in the legendary edition and why also would you need 2 smaller statues included the legendary edition when you have the 73cm statue in resin?

That would make no sense to me to include everything in that £700 edition

Tambini

Standard Edition
Deluxe Edition
Gold Edition
God's Edition (Not to be confused with Gold Edition)
Dawn of the Creed Edition
Dawn of the Creed Edition Legendary (Not to be confused with Dawn of the Creed Edition)
Kill me Edition
Edition Edition

akileese

Not sure who needs a 2 and a half foot statue of assassin man in their house, but hey if they want to spend $800 on it, that's none of my business.

Statue and figure collectors. They exist and they're crazy people who buy $1500 Batman statues.

the question I then have is though is that will the resin statue be worth the cost when it's less than the typical example plus packed in with a game and other goodies?

I just can't recall the last time a premium statue was actually worth the extra money =/

These kinda things are mostly about supply and demand, yar? Like that other statue is 350 in quantity while this one is 999. And that one is Chun-Li and Bayek is "who?" I suppose an actual figure collector would judge for themselves, but I personally don't care about these stuff so I can't really say whether Ubisoft is overvaluing or undervaluing the worth of their franchise, here.

Then what's left is how much trust you have for Ubi Workshop (Ubisoft merchandise store that also produce and sell most of these CE paraphernalia separately) and their Certificate of Authenticity to put out a quality product.

SebastianM

wouldn't display that shit in my living room even if Ubisoft themselves sent me a check for $800, what a disaster of a company ffs.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The price of an upper mid range PC, crazy. It must be nice being rich.

Top Bottom