• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins October Previews

Jedi2016

Do you know if the compass, enemy detection arrow and that white flash/glare that's on the edges of the screen can all be turned off? Thanks.
Absolutely everything on the HUD can be turned off. Centerstrain has a video that shows the game completely HUD-less. Not even an aiming reticle for the bow, and yeah, he can't hit shit with it.. hehe.

From the videos I've viewed, the world detail is easily on par with The Witcher 3 level of quality.

I am super hyped.
One thing Witcher 3 did better than any other open world I’ve played was the sense of realistic scale and the shift from wilderness to countryside to outskirts to suburbs to city. It felt completely natural

The footage I’ve seen of Origins looks similar, with the sizable wilderness, the little villages, the larger costal towns, and the huge cities

TheKeyPit

Banned
I have no clue if something like this is in, but wouldn't it be cool if a huge sandstorm during the story would uncover some hidden entrances to temples buried under the sand?

One thing Witcher 3 did better than any other open world I’ve played was the sense of realistic scale and the shift from wilderness to countryside to outskirts to suburbs to city. It felt completely natural

The footage I’ve seen of Origins looks similar, with the sizable wilderness, the little villages, the larger costal towns, and the huge cities

Yup. Origins is undeniably heavily inspired from The Witcher 3.

Do we know how large the open world will be yet?
Huge. Devs compared it to Black Flag’s, but mostly all land
AC-Origins-full-map.jpg

Let's hope Origins can deliver on their open world. Games seem to be really stepping it up after Prey earlier this year and now ELEX.

RR30

And three major cities like the first and second games. Alexandria, Memphis, Giza

Awesome. One of my favorite parts of 2 was going through multiple cities in the game.

How disconnected is this game from Syndicate and Unity? Those are the only two I haven't played/finished (only part way through unity) so I don't want to miss any continuation if I don't have to.

Theorry

Awesome. One of my favorite parts of 2 was going through multiple cities in the game.

How disconnected is this game from Syndicate and Unity? Those are the only two I haven't played/finished (only part way through unity) so I don't want to miss any continuation if I don't have to.

This game is really a soft reboot of the franchise. Bayek is gonna be the first of the Creed and future games will build on Origins.

Larkoz

And three major cities like the first and second games. Alexandria, Memphis, Giza

The city of Giza didn't exist at that time. It was founded after the Muslim invasion. In Origins it's basically the necropolis of Memphis, mixed with camps and maybe villages.

Drewfonse

As someone of Greek ancestry, whose father was born and raised in Alexandria but who has never had an opportunity to visit that fabled city, I'm greatly anticipating a virtual visit,

10/27 is insane.

Miang

I got bored of AC after the terrible AC3. Shame as 2 and Brotherhood were some of my favourite PS3 games. Not played one since then. This is tempting me though. Love the setting.

d9b

Banned
I hope side quests are not usual AC snore-fest, because if that's the case, no amount of pretty environments will be able to compensate.

Toa TAK

Banned
I hope side quests are not usual AC snore-fest, because if that's the case, no amount of pretty environments will be able to compensate.

Yeah that's my fear, too.

I thought the side quests in Brotherhood were solid. Haven't been since.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Raven117

I mean...Im not expecting Witcher 3 quality...maybe from a scale and graphical standpoint, but no way from a character development writing standpoint (Would love to be proven wrong).

Im simply expecting this to be a simple AC game which I tend to enjoy (and hopefully be delightfully surprised).

I dug Black Flag as that team seems to have a sense of what "fun" is in an open world game.

From the demos we've seen more side quests than main quests. The game is filled with story based side quests in order to portray the life of Egypt and help establish Bayek's personality. They keep emphasizing how much effort was put into them. Like this is one side quest in the game. And there are tons more like it where you meet characters and such.

I'm staying away from any footage, want to go in as fresh as possible. But that is really good to hear man. Exactly what I was hoping for.

RPGCrazied

Have we seen any normal PS4/XB1 gameplay yet, or is that gonna stay a mystery until release?

Microsoft has the exclusive rights to showcase the game. But they had plenty of time to do that. I need to see how the PS4 version performs. I really don't want to pay $60+ for something that will run like Unity.

Top Bottom