• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed "Parity": Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they seriously hold back the PS4 version to make parity with Xbox One? It sure seems that way as they blatantly say it. Also they have a marketing deal with Xbox on this.

I never get involved in this resolutiongate stuff but this is a completely rediculous decision by Ubi. It makes you wonder if this is going to become a pattern since other Ubi games like The Division also have a marketing deal with MS.

What the actual fuck Ubi.

Jrs3000

Some Ubi PR person just blew a gasket. "You were just supposed to say CPU-bound, man. Why did you say we are purposefully targeting parity?"

I know, being cpu bound and having to use that would've been fine I mean they both run the same cpu. Fire the PR guy he blows for telling him to say that.

Ricky_R

You gotta hand it to Ubisoft though... They didn't sugar coat it.

In a world where honesty is almost extinct, this kind of crap is actually refreshing. :D

Daviii

They couldn't just run some BS reason like the game is too taxing to not be able to hit 1080p/30fps on PS4 but 900p/30fps fine? lol

No, that'd be a lie. If they can hit 900p on the Xbone they can hit 1080p in PS4.

So they know we know the decision is bullshit, and probably part of an agreement with Microsoft, so they basically told a half-truth so we thing they are idiots instead of sons of the biggest bitch on earth, as they are.

NickFire

No f'ing way I am buying this now. Hope whatever MS paid or gave them by way of incentives was worth losing the enthusiastic PS4 crowd. Screw Ubisoft, and screw MS right in the goatass.

ironcreed

Banned
If they could have pushed the PS4 a bit more, then they clearly should have. That said, I have it pre-ordered on PS4 and will still be perfectly fine with 900p and 30fps. The game still looks great and has totally won me over, much to my surprise.

strafer

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff,"

Charlton+Heston+laughing.gif

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

I guess they were honest atleast.

Still going to get it. Shame for the people who won't because they care too much about this sort of thing.

Tawpgun

Not buying this shit now. Locked at parity to stop debates? Really?

Wtf is wrong with people.

You see a game that looks cool, that you plan on buying.

And then suddenly its announced its not 1080p and 60fps and suddenly the game is shit, 3/10, do not buy.

I agree that the parity force is stupid, but come on.

bryanee

[g]http://i.imgur.com/jgGB18m.gif[/img]

Now this is bullshit. I have Amazon open right now and I'm so fucking close to cancelling and getting it second hand next year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
How does this have anything with MS? Am I missing a joke here?

They paid to keep to keep TR and Titanfall off PS4, I wouldn't put it past them to convince Ubisoft to lower the res on PS4.

I would never have said something so cynical before reading those quotes in the OP.

Wtf is wrong with people.

You see a game that looks cool, that you plan on buying.

And then suddenly its announced its not 1080p and 60fps and suddenly the game is shit, 3/10, do not buy.

I agree that the parity force is stupid, but come on.

There's nothing wrong with having principles, this is a dick move on Ubisofts part and people are right to be upset about it.

NHale

Assassin's Creed Unity will run at 900p/30fps on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Ubisoft has confirmed, with the publisher opting to aim for platform parity to avoid discussion over the differences in performance.

That has to be a typo. Nobody would be stupid enough to say the reason for a technical decision is "To avoid discussion about differences in performance", right?

Watch the PS4 version have shitty AF (since most games in the console have/had that), and the X1 have no problems with it.

The gap is closing.

The Llama

Weird they say its CPU limited (and both consoles have pretty much the same CPU, though one dev on here said that you could get a bit more out of the PS4's; probably not much to make a huge difference though) but then also say they made them both 900p30 to avoid debate. Weird.

Corgi

Banned
sounds more like 'we ran out of time to optimize for specific platforms'.

no clue why producer said this instead of a pr answer. so dumb.

Marlenus

I know, being cpu bound and having to use that would've been fine I mean they both run the same cpu. Fire the PR guy he blows for telling him to say that.

Being CPU bound will not stop you from increasing the resolution, infact if they are properly CPU bound it should be 1080p on both but that is obviously not the case so they are somewhat GPU bound on Xbox One otherwise it would not be 900p.

REV 09

I'm fine with going pc as long as it doesn't have the issues Watch Dogs had with the stuttering.

The console versions still might not be equal even if the res/FPS are the same.

Kezen

Banned
I'm not good at all at predicting. I could swear 1080p was guaranteed at least on PS4.
Omonimo if you are reading this I'm sorry, I never intended to induce false hope.

Twookie

LOL what a response. Oh well, I was really on the fence on buying this game but this stance pushes me away from buying it, Ubi.

RoKKeR

Oy, this is absurd. As an XBO owner I expected these specs but their reasoning here is unbelievably stupid.

You have to wonder how they signed off on that line anyways.

You gotta hand it to Ubisoft though... They didn't sugar coat it.

In a world where honesty is almost extinct, this kind of crap is actually refreshing. :D

But there aren't many games that purposely opted for parity. Ubisoft is doing this on purpose to avoid them debatez, it's bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom