• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed "Parity": Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

Well this is a definite no buy for me then, I'd have no issues with it being 900p if that really was the best they could get out of it but there's no way in hell I'm handing over cash for the game on any format if they're doing this. Been such a fan of these games and was really looking forward to pre-ordering on PSN but they really have lost a customer here. :(

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Some Ubi PR person just blew a gasket. "You were just supposed to say CPU-bound, man. Why did you say we are purposefully targeting parity?"
Lol probably, but being cpu bound still wouldn't explain the resolution parity anyway.

Well thanks a lot Microsoft. GG making a weak console and holding back multiplats.

Hoping for a 1080p day 1 patch like AC Black Flag for PS4.

DBT85

Wtf is wrong with people.

You see a game that looks cool, that you plan on buying.

And then suddenly its announced its not 1080p and 60fps and suddenly the game is shit, 3/10, do not buy.

I agree that the parity force is stupid, but come on.

Everyone always says to vote with your wallet on what you do and don't like. That's all folks are doing.

AdanVC

Ubisoft gon' Ubisoft. At least is not a random number like 938p or something, hah. As long as it stays at rock solid 30 fps it's all good.

Ugh why? Really? Considering not buying now... or maybe buy used.

On another note, the relatively weak CPUs already bottlenecking the new consoles only a year in? Anyone else think this might be a problem going forward?

No.

Good thing I play on PC.

Yeah but U-Play tho.

TomShoe

Banned
I'm buying it used. As much as I want to play the game, I'm not supporting Ubisoft for not taking full advantage of my platform's capabilities.

It's just a cowardly cop-out by Ubisoft.

Lo-Volt

Still going to get it. Shame for the people who won't because they care too much about this sort of thing.

Which is perfectly fine, but it shouldn't be so surprising that some consumers are going to recoil at the thought of paying money for the intentionally gimped version.

Since 900p makes my stomach churn and causes my eyes to water, I will no longer be purchasing your product! Ubisoft, do you hear me!!!!!

orioto

Good Art™

And then suddenly its announced its not 1080p and 60fps and suddenly the game is shit, 3/10, do not buy.

I can see the anger. People didn't buy a ps4 to play on xbo..
It's like saying to them "well we didn't use your 400$ console fully, cause we didn't want to frustrate people without it".

cripterion

I mean how stupid can they be to openly admit this and think this will avoid a shitstorm.

You think mainstream people obsess over differences of resolution, graphical effects between the 2 consoles like people on forums, especially on GAF?

Wait for the sales thread. This game will sell well.

As for me getting all multiplats on pc.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm more interested in the CPU comments. I knew they were weak but if what this guy is saying is accurate, that's pretty disappointing.

I can't believe PR didn't leap across the table to throttle him at this point. LOL

I'm shocked Ubi didn't just straight up disavow him.

'Who is this guy?! How'd he get in here? He doesn't work for us! SECURITY!'

'...Ahem. So yes, Unity is 900p/30fps on both because of hardware limitations'

Liamario

Banned

I'm not buying it either, because gimping the game on one console 'to stop debates' is fucking bullshit. Anyone with any interest in trying to stop should bullshit going forward would do wise to do the same. How can you not see this as something terrible and anti consumer.

Um....while completely despicable, I have to commend the person who said this as being honest, although I doubt he was supposed to say that

I'd like to congratulate Ubisoft for reaching platform parity and making me lose whatever little interest I had left in this game at the same time.

Tucah

you speak so well
I was on the fence about getting this anyway but this sure isn't swaying me in the right direction.

I was expecting 30 frames based on the prior games, so that's no shock.

In terms of the resolution, c'mon now. If they can make it prettier at 900p with effects than it would be at 1080p without any then they made the right choice.

Who cares about numbers, lets just focus on its final quality.

Edit: I phrased that wrong... Nevermind.

KKRT00

Yeah, i dont believe they will be the same.
I predict differences in detail and effects handling and/or drops on both platforms.
Its qupte from a producer, not an engineer. I really doubt that their engine engineering team would just lock them both on the same settings.

----
Have you played a Ubisoft game on PC? Clearly not.
Everyone of Ubisoft game is much better on PC even on similarly spec'ed PCs, so whats Your point exactly?

dcelw540

You really dont know why? Really?

I know why, because of marketing but my real question is why did sony just let go on assassin creed this year? They been promoting the series for years now and they just stopped this year. Also another question, accepting that microsoft is marketing it on their system how come they couldn't get exclusive content on it? They spent how much to marketing it on their system but no big reason to go with them instead on the ps4 version.

I think at this point the expectation is for the PS4 version to be better then the XB1 version so stuff like this creates more chatter and unwanted attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom