• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

hayguyz

Banned
Terrible OT. Too much unnecessary shit. Way too long. Never going to read it. I hope you didn't waste too much time on it.

iNvid02

hayguyz said:
Terrible OT. Too much unnecessary shit. Way too long. Never going to read it. I hope you didn't waste too much time on it.

i dont think you've even played an assassins creed game...

I am hoping this time around, Ubi got the frame rate on the PS3 version up. Brotherhood was a great game, but some frame rate stuff was noticeable.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
GOOD LORD!

That OT is like the Assassin's Creed BIBLE!

Damn!

iNvidious01
Future Public Relations Manager
(Today, 02:17 PM)
Reply | Quote

Majanew

Banned
Yeah that's a stupid OP. So much shit that isn't even about Assassin's Creed Revelations. Big OP for the sake of being big. Meh.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I am hoping this time around, Ubi got the frame rate on the PS3 version up. Brotherhood was a great game, but some frame rate stuff was noticeable.

Doubt it. Brotherhood on the 360 also had bad framerate and lots of tearing. And the footage available from Revelations shows exactly the same problem.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't want to slag on the OP, because it's obvious he busted his ass on this, but it's not even readable. The gameplay description switches tense at will. If you're going to put this much work in it you should get a few people to read your copy first.

And who cares about the terrible AC2 DLC or all the terrible handheld spinoffs? Good lord.

iNvidious01 said:
dont like the op? post here

this thread should be about the game

gamespot have their now playing up
http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-pl...elations20111107&tag=footer;link#toggle_video

I thought that Corey Mays dude was the lead script writer?

I'm just skipping back and forth to avoid spoilers, but maaaaaaaaaaaan, I am excited for this. Constantinople is a great place to set the game, plus it gets us out of Italy.

Edit: I sorta miss our murderous Italian Batman's cape :/

Can we get some chapter links in the OP so I don't have to scroll through the entire thesis paper just to find the info I want to find? I mean, cool, lots of work there, but help the readers out.

Mr. Sam

Net_Wrecker said:
Why exactly aren't you picking up Brotherhood as we speak?(type? post? whatever?) I don't get people that skip games in a story heavy series, especially if they're the best one so far.

I could be checking how much it is on Amazon as we speak, but here I am talking to you. I hope you're happy with yourself.

I've never considered Assassin's Creed a particularly story heavy series. Well, maybe it is, but I certainly never paid much attention to it, least of all the animus tripe. I'm likely to abandon the series entirely if they set an entire game entirely around Desmond and his jibbering gang of annoyances.

iNvid02

timetokill said:
Can we get some chapter links in the OP so I don't have to scroll through the entire thesis paper just to find the info I want to find? I mean, cool, lots of work there, but help the readers out.

there are in the first post

rataven

iNvidious01 said:
gamespot have their now playing up
http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-pla... #toggle_video
I'm so tempted to watch, but since we're in the homestretch, and I've made it this far, going to avoid that video so no spoilers.

But is there any review type info in there? Really curious about the new gameplay stuff and how much overall impact it'll have.

ShogunX

timetokill said:

Are people missing the chapter links on the very first image of the OP?

The Op contains a lot of information about the AC series - If people are not interested in it all then either skip the first post or use the link bar to read only what you need to.

rataven said:
I'm so tempted to watch, but since we're in the homestretch, and I've made it this far, going to avoid that video so no spoilers.

But is there any review type info in there? Really curious about the new gameplay stuff and how much overall impact it'll have.

It doesn't look particularly spoilery. It seems like it's during the beginning when Ezio first arrives in Constantinople.

Shogun PaiN said:
Are people missing the chapter links on the very first image of the OP?

The Op contains a lot of information about the AC series - If people are not interested in it all then either skip the first post or use the link bar to read only what you need to.

Yeah, all the info is there, you just need to see the first post to see what you wanna read about.

I know a lot of people are hating, but good job to the OP. I love the AC games but it's been a while since I caught up on the story. Thanks a lot.

Bozzard

Neo Member
Oh wow great OT.

BTW, i'm from Turkey ( Istanbul ). I will be taking photos of places which game contains for NeoGAF.

Mifune

Mehmber
Curious to see reviews of this. It looks great but Brotherhood kinda killed my enthusiasm for this franchise. I know it was a good game and all, but man I'm just AC'ed out right now.

Mr. Sam said:
I could be checking how much it is on Amazon as we speak, but here I am talking to you. I hope you're happy with yourself.

I've never considered Assassin's Creed a particularly story heavy series. Well, maybe it is, but I certainly never paid much attention to it, least of all the animus tripe. I'm likely to abandon the series entirely if they set an entire game entirely around Desmond and his jibbering gang of annoyances.

I'm also not a huge fan of all the future timeline crap, but I love the game portion of Assassin's Creed, so I figure why not just go all in and attempt to follow the flustercluck story. I also wouldn't want to be overwhelmed/left behind by all the stuff they add in with each successive game.

Bozzard said:
Oh wow great OT.

BTW, i'm from Turkey ( Istanbul ). I will be taking photos of places which game contains for NeoGAF.

That's a great idea! If comparisons anywhere near as close to AC2 italy can be shown that would be pretty cool.

rataven

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
It doesn't look particularly spoilery. It seems like it's during the beginning when Ezio first arrives in Constantinople.
Cool, thanks. Seems like they have been showing that portion of the game in a lot of their previews. Can't wait to stumble into new, unseen areas of Constantinople.

ShogunX

timetokill said:
The chapter links are in the IMAGE? Good lord.

smh

Yep not the ideal way to do things but at the bottom of the image it has all of the links to each chapter of the post.

This den defense thing looks pretty neat. I heard about the feature but gave it no thought till right now. Installing barricades and morale points and stuff, interesting.

Mr. Sam

Net_Wrecker said:
I'm also not a huge fan of all the future timeline crap, but I love the game portion of Assassin's Creed, so I figure why not just go all in and attempt to follow the flustercluck story. I also wouldn't want to be overwhelmed/left behind by all the stuff they add in with each successive game.

PS3 Platinum Version is £8.99 on Amazon UK. Between this one, Uncharted, Combat Evolved HD, Arkham City and, last and least, university, I'm just not sure I have the time. Did it have anything like the awesome catacomb sections in ACII?

Awesome OP.

I am so fucking excited for this game.

Not sure if I'm going to get it on PS3 since that's where I played the other games or if I'll switch over to the PC version, though.

Mr. Sam

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
Too...many...games...

Can we petition to have the days doubled in length this November?

Tell me about it. It gets worse and worse every year. Or better and better, if you're some psychopath that likes videogames or something.

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
Too...many...games...

Can we petition to have the days doubled in length this November?

yeah, and the monster that is skyrim expecting hundreds of hours from that sucker (and I still have new vegas to finish + DLC I never started for it)

rataven

Mr. Sam said:
PS3 Platinum Version is £8.99 on Amazon UK. Between this one, Uncharted, Combat Evolved HD, Arkham City and, last and least, university, I'm just not sure I have the time. Did it have anything like the awesome catacomb sections in ACII?
Sure does! Lairs of Romulus.

Speaking of which, will Rev have these as well? Can't remember if I've read anything on them yet.....

Mr. Sam said:

Yep. I thought they were even better in Brotherhood.

Facism

Interesting OP. Not too bothered by it's length, it's a good recap and has lots of information. Unfortunately I'm not going to be buying this day 1 despite really looking forward to it. Too many games, not enough time or money to play them all, unfortunately.

Mr. Sam

rataven said:
Sure does! Lairs of Romulus.

Speaking of which, will Rev have these as well? Can't remember if I've read anything on them yet.....

Net_Wrecker said:
Yep. I thought they were even better in Brotherhood.

Hmm. Maybe I'll buy Brotherhood first and then get Revelations at Christmas time. But I still have to fit in Halo, Uncharted and essay writing. Stupid time, being finite and such.

SamuraiX-

Obligatory:
7ciyP.gif

iNvidious01 said:
timetokill said:

there are in the first post

And:
Upedg.png

Seriously, GAF has to have the biggest collection of whiners
(even worse is lazy whiners)
on the intrawebz.

Mr. Sam said:

It has them, and they're much better than the ones in II because they don't have all those goddamned timed levers. So you can actually enjoy the atmosphere when you're going through them, instead of rushing all the time.

Luthos

Holy balls @ the OT. Great stuff.

I won't be getting this one right away though. Maybe for Christmas, but who knows.

Top Bottom