• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Seanspeed

Banned
Puddles said:
Seriously. All I need is a blurb about the game, maybe a screenshot or two, some review scores, and maybe a discussion of the mechanics or whatever.

Less is more. When you post this much crap, people are actually less likely to read it.

Might as well link to the game's official website at this point.
I think OP's like this are fantastic.

Spacebar

I really wish ubi would sell the encyclopedia on amazon or something. 12$ for standard shipping on the ubiworkshop store is garbage. C'mon son!

Mr. Sam

That OP is certainly extensive.

Ashamedly, I skipped Brotherhood after having tons o' fun with the first two. I'll be gleefully leaping back into the series with Revelations.

epmode

It looks like Ubisoft's marketing department puked on the OP. Should have been nothing but this image:

aswotl.jpg

braves01

Banned
Good God dat OP. It's almost too big ;)

epmode said:
It looks like Ubisoft's marketing department puked on the OP. Should have been nothing but this image:

I love how the ultimate bundle is still missing some stuff. There needs to be one bare bones issue, and one collector's edition with all the shit. Adjust the price according to how much extra is there. Most people don't care about the extra junk, and for the people who do, this is just confusing and annoying.

As a level 50 MP Brotherhood player... I'm super excited for this game but have way, way, way too much on my plate right now. Maybe I'll jump after Xmas on it but I will have it.

Mr. Sam said:
That OP is certainly extensive.

Ashamedly, I skipped Brotherhood after having tons o' fun with the first two. I'll be gleefully leaping back into the series with Revelations.

Why exactly aren't you picking up Brotherhood as we speak?(type? post? whatever?) I don't get people that skip games in a story heavy series, especially if they're the best one so far.

Ranger X

Was this a contest to beat the MGS4 OT ?? lolol

Also, I see there's an Amber DVD with the signature edition ---- I suppose Gamestop doesn't give it away with their "upgrade code" ?

Struct09

This game will probably not be a day one for me since there's too many other games coming out. But it looks great and I'm stoked to play as Old Ezio!

Jesus Christ.

Every time a new Assassin's Creed game shows its head I remember that I have the original game sitting half-finished on my shelf. I really need to go back and wrap that up someday.

SamuraiX-

I SAID FUCKING WOW!

I'm willing to go as far as to say that this is right up there with BLR's MGS4 OT.

Amazing job, man. So much good stuff and I love the template you used.

A truly worthy acclamation celebrating the coming of the best game in the Ezio trilogy. :D

I thought fernoca did an amazing job on the MK OT but this is up there with it.

My MKAK OT on the other hand... well that game ended up deserving that OT :p

You could start your own strategy guide business.

Like past Assassin's Creeds, I'll be waiting until Christmas to play. It comes out a couple of days after Skyrim and a couple of days before Zelda, so I wouldn't have any time to play it anyway.

epmode said:

aswotl.jpg

Wait, what the fuck, this thing has SEVEN different versions available for purchase?

And I thought Halo was ridiculous with its three tiered approach. (Four if you count the special edition consoles)

Jb

epmode said:
Uh, no?
Also, do you really have to be so aggressive about it?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Holy crap, this is supposed to be a forum, not an advertisement.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Best OP ever. Arrrggg why do Skyrim and this game have to be so close together.

Edit: Also the encyclopedia looks great in the unboxing.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Brotherhood's campaign amazed me because I thought it'd be a small expansion, hope this is the same

epmode said:

QUOTE]Lmao, this is amazing. Activision could learn from this

Rainy Dog

Brilliant work with the OP, well done.

Adore the AC games, possibly my favourite new IP of this gen, but will be next year when I get to this. I'd pick it up on release in a heartbeat, but if there's one major current gaming series that is guaranteed to rapidly drop in price, it's the AC games.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Holy fucking shit. Incredible OP.

I loveed AC1 for the story, loved AC2 and ACB, this is probably my second most anticipated game of the year. God I can't wait. AC is seriously my favorite new franchise of the gen (for single player, not MP).

SamuraiX-

Puddles said:
Seriously. All I need is a blurb about the game, maybe a screenshot or two, some review scores, and maybe a discussion of the mechanics or whatever.

Less is more. When you post this much crap, people are actually less likely to read it.

Might as well link to the game's official website at this point.

lolno

Sorry, Puddies, but I'm gonna be siting down and enjoying this OT in all its glory when I find the time. I find it incredibly well-streamlined and organized. It pretty much has everything you need to catch up with the series if Revelations will be your first purchase or if your knowledge of the series has been shaky.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
AbsoluteZero said:
Wait, what the fuck, this thing has SEVEN different versions available for purchase?
I think most of these are just the different editions across different regions.

For example, in the US there's only the Standard and Signature Edition versions (although there's some useless pre-order crap with other retailers).

iNvid02

thetrin said:
Holy crap, this is supposed to be a forum, not an advertisement.

sorry, i forgot the part where it said "buy the game now its really good"
the ot is just providing info, all of its useful apart from the extra section, but its called that for a reason

Princess Skittles said:
I think most of these are just the different editions across different regions.

For example, in the US there's only the Standard and Signature Edition versions (although there's some useless pre-order crap with other retailers).

Ah, gotcha. That makes more sense.

WarMacheen

Holy fucking shit, that |OT| is awesome

Also if you don't like it, and would rather have simple bland |OT|'s

go post on IGN

FatalT

Banned
Herp derp great OP derp. Actually I didn't read it. I hope you enjoy your free copy of the game as much as I enjoy the decrease in fluff posts my ignore list will bring me!

LOL watching the endings of the Assassin Creed games is amazing, I absolutely love it.

Yet I always got bored halfway through any one of the games and never made it further in any of them. If not for youtube I would have no idea of the amazing sci-fi backstory to the games - its way, way more interesting subject matter IMO than the actual core gameplay (jump around and murder in huge, ancient city for dozens of hours).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
FatalT said:
Herp derp great OP derp. Actually I didn't read it. I hope you enjoy your free copy of the game as much as I enjoy the decrease in fluff posts my ignore list will bring me!

By that logic, are you going to ignore yourself? :p

Edit: There's nothing overly "fluffy" about posts congratulating somebody on what the posters consider a job well done. In fact, as far as quality of content is concerned, they're no different to the abundance of posts that express how much an individual is looking forward to a game. These such posts permeate the opening page/s of every OT and fizzle out quickly enough as to not impact discussion about the actual game. But I assume since I gave the OP a virtual pat on the back for the effort he put in, I'm now on your ignore list and thus you're not going to see this paragraph of reason.

cleveridea said:
LOL watching the endings of the Assassin Creed games is amazing, I absolutely love it.

Yet I always got bored halfway through any one of the games and never made it further in any of them. If not for youtube I would have no idea of the amazing sci-fi backstory to the games - its way, way more interesting IMO the subject matter of the main games (jump around and murder in huge, ancient city for dozens of hours).

The story is so ridiculous and over-the-top, it's hard to not like.

Dat fucking OP!

The best part about all this is that i got to experince the series in the span of 3 months. Starting with AC1 in june. I finished up with Brotherhood in september. It got tiring after awhile but i kept playing. These games are just too good. I won't be buying Revelations day 1 though. Im not ready yet for another epic journey so soon.

Dat fucking OP!

I don't understand why people are complaining about OT's. They're made like this to put all avalible info in one place. No need to search around. Very useful. Im one of the few who is confused by the story of this franchise and its a godsend that the OP put everything about it in the thread. I will definitely be reading all of it.

Dat fucking OP!

Radec

epmode said:

aswotl.jpg

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Will there be a Steelbook release without other shit included (except maybe 1 or 2 dlcs) ?

froliq

Not a fan of large OPs, but this must be the best one on here. I prefer it over the MGS4 one atleast. I can see there's ALOT of effort put into this, great work!

A shame that I can't get excited about AC anymore, but I'll probably still play it not too long after release because the PC version will go cheap in no time.

iNvid02

all that minor stuff like single player mission, mp characters, skins and capacity upgrades will be available to everyone eventually.

the encylopedia, artbook, embers dvd and soundtrack are the main things.

the 2 figure's gamestop is giving are from brotherhood which is strange, so forget them.

that being said, you cant actually buy one edition and get everything which is ludicrous

iNvid02

started gathering info late september then did it last month mostly, did a section each day.
cant remember how many hours but it went by pretty quick. the main thing was finding all the info.

im pretty confident with photoshop now, learned quite a bit while making this.

Top Bottom