• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Do we have a final release date for the PC version?

Aurarian

Princess Skittles said:
I would say yes but a lot of people will say to jump in at ACII.

Same here. I didn't think AC1 was bad at all. I liked the story so much that I was able to deal with the repetitiveness.

Elios83

TheExodu5 said:
Skip AC1, buy DO NOT skip Brothethood. It's much more than an expansion. The game is even bigger than AC2, and is an improvement overall.

Don't skip AC1 because it has the best atmosphere in the series so far and it lays down the foundation of the story.
Skip Brotherhood, youtube the ending, you'll enjoy Revelations even more because it will be a bigger step up in gameplay compared to AC2.

Radec

Ken Masters said:
NO, AC1 is shit, just youtube the story. Play AC2 which is fantastic, then youtube ACBH which is basically an expansion pack of AC2. Then you will be ready for ACR.

AC1 is shit.

AC2 is great

AC:B is fantastic.

commish said:
I've been saying that for a while, but apparently they are here to stay. Lot of ppl seem to like them, but I think the OP should be used for basic info and then additional info as the game rolls along, e.g., patch updates, a FAQ (like in dark souls), etc.
A lot of people like reinforcing the idea that the game they've decided is great is really great, and DESERVES a great OP (bigger than other games, they're not as good as my FAVOURITE GAME)

Mupod

_dementia said:
Ezio's inclusion in SC5 has me interested in giving the AC franchise a try. Should I start with the very first game, or can I just try the Ezio ones?

AC1 isn't that long, you can probably burn through it quickly. You'll be rather sick of 'kill X guards in 2 minutes' missions by the end but IMO it's well worth playing if you're planning on getting into the series. And this is coming from someone who's not even done AC2 yet.

Beernf

Really? Trashing a lot of work by someone who wants to support a game he likes? Low.

Awesome OP. Can't wait for this game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dabanton said:
For the amount of work put in. The OP was beyond overkill.

I read it and found the information very useful... glad you're up to date on everything AC but over the last few years I've missed a few things. Now I'm caught up -- and grateful for the time/effort he put into the post. AC is a complicated beast. I honestly would have never looked all that shit up on my own.

EmCeeGramr said:
*gasps for air as he reaches page 2, washes marketing filth off self*

We're free!

Just my opinion, but I find posts like yours far more irritating than the OT information dumps.

Amazing OP. I have an entertaining time reading this huge OT.
Also ive seen people gaining design jobs doing things like this on the internet, so I dont mind having them.

I fucking loved Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood (and hated the first one), played the three back to back this summer, so I cant wait to play again as motherfucking ezio.
Of course I preordered the european collectors edition.

Elios83 said:
Don't skip AC1 because it has the best atmosphere in the series so far and it lays down the foundation of the story.
Skip Brotherhood, youtube the ending, you'll enjoy Revelations even more because it will be a bigger step up in gameplay compared to AC2.

Hahahaha, yeah right.
Skip the fun game and play the shitty one, becuase you know, it lays the story foundations.
Fuck that noise.

Jesus christ one post with a wikipedia link would be enough dude, that shit is too much.

Anyway as a guy who didn't beat Brotherhood yet due to freezing issues and new game releases(you know how it is), so can I just skip it and go straight to Revelations. I was pretty far into Brotherhood but I no longer own it.

Puddles

Banned
Beernf said:
Really? Trashing a lot of work by someone who wants to support a game he likes? Low.

Actually, I shouldn't trash the effort. Think of all the trees that will be saved since Ubisoft can just link to this thread instead of printing manuals!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Amazing OP. I have an entertaining time reading this huge OT.

I fucking loved Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood (and hated the first one), played the three back to back this summer, so I cant wait to play again as motherfucking ezio.
Of course I preordered the european collectors edition.

Hahahaha, yeah right.
Skip the fun game and play the shitty one, becuase you know, it lays the story foundations.
Fuck that noise.
Yeah it's not like Altair is IN the game or anything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Beernf said:

I think it looks great - not really trashing it. There are just different ways to skin a cat :)

Sinthetic

Having just been to Istanbul, staying right next to the Galata Tower, I am so excited to play this. Saying that, I'll wait till it drops in price 6 weeks after release, like they do every year.

Too many other games to plough through in mid November.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
_dementia said:
Ezio's inclusion in SC5 has me interested in giving the AC franchise a try. Should I start with the very first game?

I would say 'yes', as you may enjoy the game for its own merit (I certainly did). Complaints of repetition come from the fact that you're required to obtain information on your assassination targets prior to the attack; while the requisite amount of information is low, you are encouraged to discover as much as possible and the tasks required to accomplish this are a repeated few and not changed - even slightly - throughout the game. The actual assassinations themselves, however, are fantastic as you're left to your own devices when deciding how best to approach the situation. Instead of improving the investigative elements, Ubi simply ripped out the player-driven approach entirely beginning with the sequel, which is unfortunate.

If you find the monotonous of the original Assassin's Creed to be too irritating, just read up on the plot and jump to the sequel.

Edit: Perhaps ironically, while the original Assassin's Creed, overall, is widely considered to be the worst entry in the franchise, it is without peer in the area of making you feel like an assassin.

notworksafe

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a big Assassin's Creed fan, but goddamn. While this is an attractive OT, it's not a very good one at all. Fifteen posts is overkill and just too much information that isn't really relevant.

Overkill on images, overkill on text, overkill on information, and looks like shit on the mobile site. I hope more OTs don't follow this example.

That being said, can't wait for the game! :D I only plan to buy two fall games at launch, this and Zelda and I can't wait. Both are going to be awesome!

Puddles

Banned
Sinthetic said:
Having just been to Istanbul, staying right next to the Galata Tower, I am so excited to play this. Saying that, I'll wait till it drops in price 6 weeks after release, like they do every year.

Too many other games to plough through in mid November.

Yes, this is the main reason I'm excited about the game. Istanbul is one of my favorite cities ever.

Barrett2

Beernf said:

It's not like he (or someone) wasn't compensated.

My main complaint is that there are so many images it becomes a hassle to browse on anything other than a fast computer with fast internet connection.

Not sure if the info is worth correcting, but there's actually another edition/bundle for the game, maybe it's Canada exclusive?

http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/ass...ultimate-edition-available-online-only/311716

It has everything the signature edition has, but also includes the AC Encyclopedia, and is apparently online only.

704591b.jpg

iNvid02

Ken Masters said:
some of the links for the wallpapers are incorrect, the last one and another one

fixed

Criminal Upper said:
Not sure if the info is worth correcting, but there's actually another edition/bundle for the game, maybe it's Canada exclusive?

http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/assa...ne-only/311716

It has everything the signature edition has, but also includes the AC Encyclopedia, and is apparently online only.

http://www.gamestop.ca/common/images/lbox/704591b.jpg

yeah its canada only and the equivalent of the US ultimate bundle, instead of 2 figures you
get the encyclopedia. the encylopedia ships from CA thats why i think they're offering it

rockman zx said:
Didn't checked every word of the thread, but I think you missed this.

http://www.unlocktheanimus.com/

yeah i did, not sure where to put it though because its just open until the game launches

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
_dementia said:
Ezio's inclusion in SC5 has me interested in giving the AC franchise a try. Should I start with the very first game, or can I just try the Ezio ones?

AC1 is decent, but nowhere near AC2+ quality. I would say read the plot for AC1 on Wiki, and play 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Impressive OP. Really excited for this game, can't wait.

Kikujiro

butter_stick said:
A lot of people like reinforcing the idea that the game they've decided is great is really great, and DESERVES a great OP (bigger than other games, they're not as good as my FAVOURITE GAME)

A lot of people like to read informations about the game or the series.
I really don't know what's the problem with big OPs, it's not like you're forced to read the OP every time you click on the thread (you can even skip it altogether).

And what's wrong with being passionate about a series? Because there's nothing fanboyish about OPs like that and if you see something fanboyish then the problem is yours.

Dunan

That OP... wow!

I'm surprised to see a canonical death date for Ezio (and younger than I expected; 65). When was that revealed in the first three games?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I couldn't believe the size of the OP. I kept scrolling down page after page and it just didn't stop. Amazing, astounding job.

notworksafe

Kikujiro said:
A lot of people like to read informations about the game or the series.
I really don't know what's the problem with big OPs, it's not like you're forced to read the OP every time you click on the thread (you can even skip it altogether).

And what's wrong with being passionate about a series? Because there's nothing fanboyish about OPs like that and if you see something fanboyish then the problem is yours.
My main issue with image heavy and gigantic OPs is that it easily becomes difficult to find info in them without having to spend too much time searching through useless stuff. And putting too much info in images is pointless because those images aren't searchable through normal means.

Being passionate about a series isn't a problem. The problem is making what is supposed to be a one game OT into a series OT. We have many game series OTs both in Gaming and Community and they deserve their own threads. A single game OT is not the place to make an overly large, nearly impossible to search monstrosity.

ghostmind

One of the best OP's I have seen on GAF... bravo!

Getting the game from GameStop... makes me feel dirty doing it, but the only way to get the Signature edition that I know of.

Aw man, I totally forgot that this game will be coming out so soon. There's just too much this season. I decided to only buy and play one game at the time. The best thing with all these SP games is that I can wait and get it even cheaper without missing anything. So first BF3. Maybe some more Forza 4. Then Uncharted 3, Batman AC and Skyrim. And then AC Revelations. I will play it. But when?

Aurarian

ghostmind said:
One of the best OP's I have seen on GAF... bravo!

Getting the game from GameStop... makes me feel dirty doing it, but the only way to get the Signature edition that I know of.

Same here...

fernoca

Wow, iNvidious01! :O!
As a Mortal Kombat fan and Assassin's Creed fan, I salute you. Amazing job. XD (15 posts too! :p)
To think I was planning on doing the OT for this game quite like that, but you did and so clean too. :)

And "haters gonna hate" (both the thread and the games :p).

EDIT:
Oh wait.. MK took 16 posts?....all this time I was like "15". XD

Top Bottom