• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's crazy, but I've never played any AC games. I own part 2 but never really gave it a shot, despite seemingly tailored made for my gaming tastes.

Marleyman

Banned
For shits sake; Skyrim, SR3, and now this? I don't have the damn time so one of these is getting put off until late winter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Great OP. Revelations marks the first Assassin's Creed game I'll have played on the PC.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Holy CRAP at the OP(s).

Also: HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

ONE MORE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

Unity2012

HOLY OT!!

Great job! Congrats! Ubisoft should reward you for putting this much effort into creating one of the best threads I've seen in years.

Thank you.

Very excited. Where did all that info on the first civilization come from? I'm pretty sure I've done all the "extra" story stuff in the other games and I don't remember that much detail...

UrbanRats

Goddamn, son.

also, this is one week away? Amazon uk is telling me December 2nd.

EDIT: Ah, PC version is December 2nd.

My most expected and wanted game of the year. Congratulations for the thread, it's the best thread ever.

By the way, Ubisoft cut the crap with the preorder crap and the ten thousand editions of the AC games.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
My God, that is an impressive OP, very awesome. Truly well done. Also, all these OT's of games I want!

I am going to buy this game as soon as possible, looks amazing.

Also, I took this avatar:

Volcynika

I can't wait for this game, and I can't wait for when this thread hits the second page so I don't have to load the OP. (go go 100ppp).

CrazyDude

I am going to wait till people's impressions are out for this game. I am still a little skeptical about the yearly production time even after brotherhood.

Kyaw

dwebo said:
Jesus H Christ, that is an enormous OT. Compression-whores are going to have aneurysm, though.

It is there but not that bad.

Amazing OT! I read the ACB storyline as i haven't played it and i got ACR free from IGN yesterday.

I'm amazed at the storyline and the amount of content and complexity this whole game series have. (although not entirely original)

iNvid02

brucewaynegretzky said:
Very excited. Where did all that info on the first civilization come from? I'm pretty sure I've done all the "extra" story stuff in the other games and I don't remember that much detail...

the assassins creed wiki.

thats one of the reasons i made the op like this, there is so much stuff that isn't explained or revealed but is a big part of the story. its important to understanding the whole story but some people never know about it

thats why you get people who finished it, but have no idea whats going on and just call it time travel or some shit with aliens. if you manage to read the whole thread you should know everything

gdt

OP seems like overkill.

Still, can't wait! I'll probably wait for the PC version, is that a locked date, or are we hearing more of another delay?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
rockman zx said:
By the way, Ubisoft cut the crap with the preorder crap and the ten thousand editions of the AC games.
All the pre-order crap is usually included in whatever DLC they release.

IE: All of the pre-order characters and costumes for AC:B were part of the Da Vinci DLC.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
A post dedicated to art books and soundtracks?

Never have liked the throw everything and the kitchen sink into OP's. Sorry.

gdt

Also, will an i7 and a 6770m be enough to run this game on PC? I was able to max ACII at ~50fps/720p.

dwebo

Kyaw said:
It is there but not that bad.
meant the jpg text mainly

iNvidious01 said:
thats why you get people who finished it, but have no idea whats going on and just call it time travel or some shit with aliens
they're the lucky ones, I think

thanks for the bathroom reading for the next few days, though!

Puddles

Banned
gdt5016 said:
OP seems like overkill.

Seriously. All I need is a blurb about the game, maybe a screenshot or two, some review scores, and maybe a discussion of the mechanics or whatever.

Less is more. When you post this much crap, people are actually less likely to read it.

Might as well link to the game's official website at this point.

The_Monk

This thread is amazing, great, pretty and a good read. Nice one!

I'll be playing this after a good old price drop since I'm done with buying games after today.

Oh and that edition Italy exclusive? I have a family friend who would go crazy to get that one!

iNvidious01 said:
the assassins creed wiki.

thats one of the reasons i made the op like this, there is so much stuff that isn't explained or revealed but is a big part of the story. its important to understanding the whole story but some people never know about it

thats why you get people who finished it, but have no idea whats going on and just call it time travel or some shit with aliens. if you manage to read the whole thread you should know everything

That's some bullshit if you ask me. I've played the games. Why shouldn't I get important parts of the story. I have the comics sitting on my desk at home. What else am I missing? Does that info come from iOS games?

Majestic OP, well done.

Now I kinda want the game.

I still have to finish Brotherhood though, It just bored me after a while. I immensily enjoyed AC 2, though.

Frostburn

Wow amazing OT! I still need to play Brotherhood, I am always a year behind these games but I love all the info and back story you posted for the first two games and seeing this hypes me up to play Brotherhood.

Sp3eD said:
A post dedicated to art books and soundtracks?

Never have liked the throw everything and the kitchen sink into OP's. Sorry.
How else are you supposed to effectively market the special editions?!

Ezio's inclusion in SC5 has me interested in giving the AC franchise a try. Should I start with the very first game, or can I just try the Ezio ones?

_dementia said:
Ezio's inclusion in SC5 has me interested in giving the AC franchise a try. Should I start with the very first game, or can I just try the Ezio ones?

NO, AC1 is shit, just youtube the story. Play AC2 which is fantastic, then youtube ACBH which is basically an expansion pack of AC2. Then you will be ready for ACR.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
_dementia said:
I would say yes but a lot of people will say to jump in at ACII.

JWong

Banned
Puddles said:
Seriously. All I need is a blurb about the game, maybe a screenshot or two, some review scores, and maybe a discussion of the mechanics or whatever.

Less is more. When you post this much crap, people are actually less likely to read it.

Might as well link to the game's official website at this point.
Especially with smartphone-age, need to optimize posts for OT.

My phone will be loading this sucker for half a day and probably get an error.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ken Masters said:
NO, AC1 is shit, just youtube the story. Play AC2 which is fantastic, then youtube ACBH which is basically an expansion pack of AC2. Then you will be ready for ACR.
Skip AC1, buy DO NOT skip Brothethood. It's much more than an expansion. The game is even bigger than AC2, and is an improvement overall.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lawblob said:
These professional OTs are seriously getting out of control, IMO.

I've been saying that for a while, but apparently they are here to stay. Lot of ppl seem to like them, but I think the OP should be used for basic info and then additional info as the game rolls along, e.g., patch updates, a FAQ (like in dark souls), etc.

Top Bottom