• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

Ralemont

not me
as a reminder to anyone that cares...there are some in-game items you can get on the http://www.assassinscreed.com/rewards site...some weapon packs and outfits for Jacob and Evie (there's an Edward outfit for Jacob but you can unlock that with Uplay points anyway)...just for signing up you'll get 10K points and it only takes like 1,250 to get the DLC items so it's an easy way to get extra stuff

Outfits
Evie Nighthawk Gear Set
Jacob Suave Outfit

Weapons
Master Assassin Pack
Industrial Pack
Pirate Pack

I get a message that says IP throttled when I try to create an account? The fuck?

Do you get anything for leveling up really high on that Join The Family thing? I am around 20,000 away from becoming a Disciple. Ive done everything there is to do it seems.

Edit: also it seems I cannot redeem a few those codes it gave me. Says they are invalid

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Huge Spoiler below:

You play as the grandaughter-niece of Evie and Jacob, and there is an entire free roam section in WW1 occupied London, and you work with Winston Churchill who wants to recruit you into the secret service.

Holy shit.

I'm gonna have to get this.

Riddler

as a reminder to anyone that cares...there are some in-game items you can get on the http://www.assassinscreed.com/rewards site...some weapon packs and outfits for Jacob and Evie (there's an Edward outfit for Jacob but you can unlock that with Uplay points anyway)...just for signing up you'll get 10K points and it only takes like 1,250 to get the DLC items so it's an easy way to get extra stuff

Outfits
Evie Nighthawk Gear Set
Jacob Suave Outfit

Weapons
Master Assassin Pack
Industrial Pack
Pirate Pack

edit: it's been pointed out that it's for US only..sorry, I didn't know that

Oh man I wished I was interested in the game earlier because all the steel cases are sold out . I hope they get more steel cases!

Thanks for posting this.

Oh man I wished I was interested in the game earlier because all the steel cases are sold out . I hope they get more steel cases!

Thanks for posting this.

yeah...I honestly didn't even know they were doing anything like this (I had basically brushed off getting AC this year but once I actually sat down and looked into it I liked what I saw)...the first time I even went to the page was Monday and everything had been long gone

I'm going PC anyway so the steelbooks wouldn't have really made a difference to me so I just got the in-game stuff that was available

God dammit, the impending release of another AC game has me on the edge, teetering, ready to order.

Oh wait, PC doesn't come out for a month still. Nevermind.

AdanVC

looking forward to see dem screenshots of this game on the screenshot thread. Graphics are really niiiiiiiiice.

I really wish evie was a bigger part of the game, hopefully next years ac will have a solo female lead similar to her.

Review vids got me interested in the game again, I needed another game for the yearly b2g1.

glad I noticed my internet dropped earlier while preloading. It said it was complete, but then I went to my downloads and it said it failed. Man, psn downloads are so slow. Not even sure if it will be done by the time its available

Belldandy

Banned
Waaaaaiit a minute. According to the chart in the first post, the physical PS4 Gold edition I pre-ordered from BestBuy that I'm picking up tomorrow will NOT have a game disc??

Skux

Waaaaaiit a minute. According to the chart in the first post, the physical PS4 Gold edition I pre-ordered from BestBuy that I'm picking up tomorrow will NOT have a game disc??

That's weird, maybe it refers to the online gold edition. The retail version is sometimes called the special edition or steelbook edition.

Lime

I really wish evie was a bigger part of the game, hopefully next years ac will have a solo female lead similar to her.

Review vids got me interested in the game again, I needed another game for the yearly b2g1.

Same for me. Might check it out at a low price point

Who will we play as in the season pass dlc?

Anyone know if the runaway train dlc will be in the season pass. Seems to be the only dlc I am missing now

Edit: oh wait. OP says it does, but it's not one of the things that it downloaded on ps4. I got A long Night, and some other stuff I can't remember

Muffdraul

Anyone know if the runaway train dlc will be in the season pass. Seems to be the only dlc I am missing now

Edit: oh wait. OP says it does, but it's not one of the things that it downloaded on ps4. I got A long Night, and some other stuff I can't remember

It might be because the PS4 seems a bit random and non-sensical when it comes to which DLC downloads it decides to display in your notifications. At least it's seemed that way to me a couple of times.

Ascenion

WOOO! The Ubi Gods at Uplay blessed me with an early shipment! Just strated playing it though I got it at about 11am. Gotta stop to do homework. This was the Uplay Exclusive CE for North America, should also note the game didn't come in the collector's box it was basically thrown in the shipping box along side it. Aside from that I am pleased. I think someone asked earlier if the physical gold edition comes with a disc. I can confirm that it does.

nMDemXPl.jpg
wwX3XCrl.jpg

DuuTXcvl.jpg
6zEeZhKl.jpg

v6ZUtUOl.jpg
hMqpZByl.jpg

sFOVrz5l.jpg

Skux

It might be because the PS4 seems a bit random and non-sensical when it comes to which DLC downloads it decides to display in your notifications. At least it's seemed that way to me a couple of times.

Yeah, with Ubisoft games it's better to check in-game to see what you've installed. Sometimes DLC can all be packaged under one title, especially if you have the season pass.

WOOO! The Ubi Gods at Uplay blessed me with an early shipment! Just strated playing it though I got it at about 11am. Gotta stop to do homework. This was the Uplay Exclusive CE for North America, should also note the game didn't come in the collector's box it was basically thrown in the shipping box along side it. Aside from that I am pleased. I think someone asked earlier if the physical gold edition comes with a disc. I can confirm that it does.

nMDemXPl.jpg
wwX3XCrl.jpg

DuuTXcvl.jpg
6zEeZhKl.jpg

v6ZUtUOl.jpg
hMqpZByl.jpg

sFOVrz5l.jpg

Very nice! I missed the boat on that edition but then I wasn't event excited for this game... boy was I wrong lol.

Hupsel

One thing I like about Ubisoft games is that they make the female design for their protagonists so cool, beautiful and charming. Elika in PoP 2008 had a pretty cool design, same for redhead on Unity. Evie also looks gorgeous. Great job by the designers.

leng jai

One thing I like about Ubisoft games is that they make the female design for their protagonists so cool, beautiful and charming. Elika in PoP 2008 had a pretty cool design, same for redhead on Unity. Evie also looks gorgeous. Great job by the designers.

AC games might have questionable gameplay/design, but they almost always have sublime art.

So if it's wasn't this game, what was the game the QA team from a month ago warned about a game being incredibly buggy?
I swear half of GAF had this game as their prediction.

sn00zer

Well....I might actually play another AC....literally have not played any outside of the first one (which I actually really liked) and 3 hours of the second, which felt exactly like the first so I dropped it.

Yoday

nMDemXPl.jpg
wwX3XCrl.jpg

DuuTXcvl.jpg
6zEeZhKl.jpg

v6ZUtUOl.jpg
hMqpZByl.jpg

sFOVrz5l.jpg
I'm so jealous. I hate that this was Uplay exclusive. Not only did that mean paying for shipping on top of the cost of the game, but it also meant not getting the Best Buy discount. I just couldn't justify spending more than twice as much on the game to get the statue, which I admit I really wanted.

So I've put about 3 hours into the game so far and I'm liking it so much more than Unity. While I don't think the game will win any awards it is still a lot of fun and all of the different systems seem to flow a lot better together than in Unity.

I'd say if you were a fan of the series until Unity, this is a return to form, get it.

If you were already burnt out or hate the series, this one won't change your mind.

Toa TAK

Banned

Outfits
Evie Nighthawk Gear Set
Jacob Suave Outfit

Weapons
Master Assassin Pack
Industrial Pack
Pirate Pack

edit: it's been pointed out that it's for US only..sorry, I didn't know that

Thanks for the reminder. Nabbed all the DLC.

Game is preloading right now and between The Devil in the White City and finishing Penny Dreadful, I am in the mood for this game.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
My Best Buy is saying the game is ready for pickup. I thought the game was to be released tomorrow? I'll go after work and see if I can pick it up. Same happened with Tales of Zestiria. It was available for me a day earlier. I can't complain. ;)

I got it early this afternoon as expected.

zq6qCBn.jpg

ryseing

I saw it's on sale at Target for 10 dollars. Is the story compelling enough to give it a play through?

No.

Arno and whatshername are not compelling whatsoever. Unity promised a Romeo and Juliet love story arc and came nowhere close. French Revolution setting is wasted with the exception of Napoleon's appearance. Just plain not interesting to play.

If you really need an AC fix while waiting for Syndicate to drop in price, grab Rogue.

That marked spoiler justified my purchase for those of you debating BTW. Sounds dope as hell.

Top Bottom