• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

Toa TAK

Banned
I saw it's on sale at Target for 10 dollars. Is the story compelling enough to give it a play through?

I want to second what the previous poster said before, as an AC fan, I also advise picking up Rogue instead. The game was a bore to play through and it really, really, really sucks saying that because the era was so sought after by the fanbase, but the story just blows and while Arno and Elise could've been fantastic characters, they're both squandered. Their stories and relationship with each other feel weak as hell.

Also, no White Room/Confessions. :mad:

RedAssedApe

Banned
I want to second what the previous poster said before, as an AC fan, I also advise picking up Rogue instead. The game was a bore to play through and it really, really, really sucks saying that because the era was so sought after by the fanbase, but the story just blows and while Arno and Elise could've been fantastic characters, they're both squandered. Their stories and relationship with each other feel weak as hell.

Also, no White Room/Confessions. :mad:

Last gen is probably what's stopping most people from picking up rogue at this point

ryseing

Last gen is probably what's stopping most people from picking up rogue at this point

Unfortunately never going to get its due because of this.

Rogue has the best story in the franchise and second best protagonist. There"s minimal bloat and enough new gameplay stuff to keep the Black Flag formula interesting. Great game that I wish I would have picked up last fall instead of Unity. Probably wouldn't have been so down on the franchise if I had.

U2NUMB

I can not get their stupid website to work.. reset my password multiple times and that stupid "I am not a robot" box after clicked says login error...

SlickVic

Best Buy seems to have disabled pre-orders on the standard edition for some reason. I suppose the Gold Edition with the $10 cert isn't a bad deal either, but not sure I have much interest in the season pass.

Rogue has the best story in the franchise and second best protagonist. There"s minimal bloat and enough new gameplay stuff to keep the Black Flag formula interesting. Great game that I wish I would have picked up last fall instead of Unity. Probably wouldn't have been so down on the franchise if I had.

My PS3 is still hooked up. It's barely hooked up at this point because I'm almost done with it, but I'm good with picking it up. I think I'll wait till Black Friday price drop and skip Unity. Thanks.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Best Buy seems to have disabled pre-orders on the standard edition for some reason. I suppose the Gold Edition with the $10 cert isn't a bad deal either, but not sure I have much interest in the season pass.

I had to go into a store to preorder the standard edition. Pretty lame.

Karak

I thought the PC version was supposed to be good? And ya Rogue is fantastic to me.

Ralemont

not me
Welp. Can't preorder on their website and can't create a damn account on Uplay for the extra rewards. I have never had so much trouble giving a company money before. Black Friday it is.

Skux

Day one patch notes courtesy of Kotaku

Ut8YWHg.jpg

//ARCANUM

I might get it when it drops in price by half in about a month. (Seriously though the last one dropped in price on sale so quickly last year.)

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, this sucks and I pre-ordered the Gold Edition. Figured that I either spend $52.25 with GCU and including tax for the regular edition tomorrow in store or spend an extra $16.13 (after I get the $10 reward cert) and get the season pass which retails for $30.

Haven't decided what im going to do in regards to the season pass. May keep it or sell it. I have only bought one season pass ever which was two years ago with Black Flag. That game had me day one and while I played through the first four sequences in AC III to get ready for Black Flag, it was and still is Black Flag that got me into the AC franchise.

I am interested in the Jack the Ripper story pack and the Last Maharaja story pack as they seem to be the meat in the pass but at the same time, I fucking hate waiting. Personally, I would prefer ALL of the post game DLC to be available within a month mainly because once I trade in a game, im not going to buy it back for DLC.

Only game that could end up doing that is The Witcher 3 but im waiting until after the second expansion is released and if there's a "complete edition" released early next year.

But back to Syndicate, I'll either get my money back by selling the DLC or I'll just redeem it and play it all as it comes out since Syndicate is my last game purchase until February. Or I'll hold onto the season pass to see if the DLC is worth playing and if not, then sell it.

UGH. Fucking Best Buy. Really just wanted to pre-order the standard edition. UGH.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Side note - Rogue is EASILY better than Unity and Black Flag. Personally, Rogue is my favorite AC game but if I was to go with the majority who say AC II is the best, Rogue is definitely second in my opinion.

Rogue > Black Flag > Unity in my opinion.

was someone complaining about the slow camera movements in here? Or was that a different thread? Been so many I cant even remember. Changing camera movement speed is literally the first option in the controls menu

Yoday

Yeah, this sucks and I pre-ordered the Gold Edition. Figured that I either spend $52.25 with GCU and including tax for the regular edition tomorrow in store or spend an extra $16.13 (after I get the $10 reward cert) and get the season pass which retails for $30.

Haven't decided what im going to do in regards to the season pass. May keep it or sell it. I have only bought one season pass ever which was two years ago with Black Flag. That game had me day one and while I played through the first four sequences in AC III to get ready for Black Flag, it was and still is Black Flag that got me into the AC franchise.

I am interested in the Jack the Ripper story pack and the Last Maharaja story pack as they seem to be the meat in the pass but at the same time, I fucking hate waiting. Personally, I would prefer ALL of the post game DLC to be available within a month mainly because once I trade in a game, im not going to buy it back for DLC.

Only game that could end up doing that is The Witcher 3 but im waiting until after the second expansion is released and if there's a "complete edition" released early next year.

But back to Syndicate, I'll either get my money back by selling the DLC or I'll just redeem it and play it all as it comes out since Syndicate is my last game purchase until February. Or I'll hold onto the season pass to see if the DLC is worth playing and if not, then sell it.

UGH. Fucking Best Buy. Really just wanted to pre-order the standard edition. UGH.
I have high expectations of the Jack the Ripper DLC. Ubisoft has been doing some really good add on campaigns the last few years that are usually a damn good value. Freedom Cry and Dead Kings were both substantial campaigns that clocked in at around six to eight hours of gameplay. Bad Blood for Watch Dogs was even more substantial.

Dominator

Just did the first mission for both Jacob and Evie. Fantastic missions in my opinion.

I already love it. Runs smooth too, haven't seen any issues yet in my first hour.

I think I'm gonna enjoy this quite a bit.

CrovaxPSO

The regular edition is available again on Best Buy's site, and the product page still shows the $10 pre-order bonus credit included in the bonus offers even though the button now says add to cart instead of pre-order. Not sure how that will shake out but went ahead and ordered it anyway.

Klocker

Just did the first mission for both Jacob and Evie. Fantastic missions in my opinion.

I already love it. Runs smooth too, haven't seen any issues yet in my first hour.

I think I'm gonna enjoy this quite a bit.

Same feelings here. Much better feeling than unity imo

OrochiJR

I have a question regarding the economy. Has anyone already found out what the best way is to generate steady and relatively high income? Is liberating all the parts of the city the way to go to maximize money?

malfcn

BBY orders working agian.

I hope if there's an issue I can point out to their customer service rep that I ordered a day before release so we should still qualify.

They are normally pretty good about fixing stuff.
Hope all goes well, since I finally got an order in too.

SlickVic

The regular edition is available again on Best Buy's site, and the product page still shows the $10 pre-order bonus credit included in the bonus offers even though the button now says add to cart instead of pre-order. Not sure how that will shake out but went ahead and ordered it anyway.

I hope if there's an issue I can point out to their customer service rep that I ordered a day before release so we should still qualify.

Yoday

FYI for those recently deciding to get the game, go to the main AC website and register for the Join the Family rewards site. A few minutes of clicking links should earn you enough credits for the majority of the DLC packs, and there are a lot of them. Lots of outfits and gear for very little effort.

I have been participating since the beginning and had enough to get a Rooks shirt back before they went out of stock. I'll be wearing that along with my Ezio hoodie when I go pick up the game tomorrow. Yeah, I am a giant AC nerd.

Saiyan-Rox

FYI for those recently deciding to get the game, go to the main AC website and register for the Join the Family rewards site. A few minutes of clicking links should earn you enough credits for the majority of the DLC packs, and there are a lot of them. Lots of outfits and gear for very little effort.

I have been participating since the beginning and had enough to get a Rooks shirt back before they went out of stock. I'll be wearing that along with my Ezio hoodie when I go pick up the game tomorrow. Yeah, I am a giant AC nerd.

*USonly

Would this be a good introduction to the series for someone who has never played it before? Sorry, it's probably a bit early to ask since the game has been released.

Sojgat

Well done, I was about to go buy this game, and you've completely put me off the idea now.

Skux

Would this be a good introduction to the series for someone who has never played it before? Sorry, it's probably a bit early to ask since the game has been released.

AC1 and 2 are still the best introductions to the series. However the recent games are fine to jump into having never played them before, they're pretty standalone now.

So whats the current version of the game? (PS4 version)

Patch 1.11. The two day one patches are 1.10 and 1.11.

Ok, off to get it. EB offer 7 day returns if I don't like it, I really like the London setting and the game's performance seems good this time.

Bullitus

I really disliked Unity but this looks really cool. Just watched the GiantBomb's quicklook and that assassination mission was neat. How many are there?

Dominator

I really disliked Unity but this looks really cool. Just watched the GiantBomb's quicklook and that assassination mission was neat. How many are there?
Might need to be more specific? You're assassinating people in specific missions the entire game.

Trashbat

What's going on in the modern plot this time (no spoilers please) - i.e is it just cut scenes or is it interactive? Do those time anomaly rift things return?

SJRB

Gold Member

I'm not sure. The turorial is pretty bare-bones, the game definately auto-assumes you've played an AC game before and are familiar with many of its narrative and gameplay concepts.

Top Bottom