• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

So bummed out already over initial impressions from the other thread. Instead of buying this shit I'm just going to play Rogue.... Damn you Ubi for ruining my favorite series.

So bummed out already over initial impressions from the other thread. Instead of buying this shit I'm just going to play Rogue.... Damn you Ubi for ruining my favorite series.

Speaking of. Kind of bummed we never got Rogue HD on PS4+XB1.

I assume its something Ubi have in their back pocket if they need to pad a quarter though. Like Zombi and AC Liberation HD

AdanVC

I was like "Hey Ass Creed got it's Official Thread, cool let's check it ou--- HAHahahaha!!"

That banner killed me. Thank you so much for the good laugh, OP. Now for the game itself... I have zero interest in it unfortunately :( I just hope it performs better than Unity though. Players desserve an efficient piece of software god damn it.

Quick

Banned
Haven't been very impressed with what I've seen. I might just cancel my order.

How have the impressions been recently?

Does Ubi not realize that making no version available with all the DLC just leaves me feeling like I'm playing a no-win game and reduces my overall interest in the product? I'm sure I can't be alone in that feeling.

The Gold Edition has every DLC, including the Runaway Train mission the OP curiously omitted in that spreadsheet.

ISee

Haven't been very impressed with what I've seen. I might just cancel my order.

How have the impressions been recently?

Some say it's better, some say it's even worse than Unity. Just wait until after release.

I would include somewhere that the ps4 version has exclusive dlc as well.

One of the dlcs from the season pass is supposedly coming out on the 23rd as well, called A Long Night

Basketball

Crossing Eden

cEYFeDO53jj8Cmorcqs.gif

As much as I'm done with these games for now, I still feel like unless it's REALLY broken it's not going to score lower than a 7 from most outlets.

Probably will end up reviewed similar to Unity

I'm about five hours in and I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than Unity. Most importantly though, it performs significantly better than Unity, and the main character actually does what I want him to do (in regards to the parkour), most of the time anyway.

Please, oh PLEASE be good.

ISee

Just noticed this in the gamestar.de preview video. And it made me grin... :)

assassin_s_creed_synd2hjk8.gif

Their impression: It seems to run good on PS4 but they think the 'overall detail level' is lower than in unity. Also less bugs und glitches then in unity. They already had two patches, but I doubt those were the day one patches.

nib95

Banned
Really? Again with an insulting OT? Unity I can sort of understand, but this too? The hate is just getting a bit ridiculous now, and I'm not even remotely excited for the game. Maybe let the impressions speak for themselves, rather than pre-emptively indirectly imply the worst via an OT. It's not like other major open world games haven't been riddled with glitches and still been afforded ordinary OT titles and banners.

Setsuna

I would literally have a better conversation about this game on gamefaqs than on GAF.

This is just a shameful display

Bsigg12

I don't know about the OP. With the thread title and the banner, it gives the impression the game is as broken as Unity was, which from everything I've seen today, it's not.

prudislav

Really? Again with an insulting OT? Unity I can sort of understand, but this too? The hate is just getting a bit ridiculous now, and I'm not even remotely excited for the game. Maybe let the impressions speak for themselves, rather than pre-emptively indirectly imply the worst via an OT. It's not like other major open world games haven't been riddled with glitches and still been afforded ordinary OT titles and banners.
+1

The OT header and banner are mint.

I hope this game turns out ok though.

I enjoy myself some Assassins Creed even if my love for it has waned.

Hope to pick this up down the line and look forward to impressions.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Can anyone who played this tell me what about trophies & collectibles.

Is it like Unity,that there are like 400 collectibles in the map & you need to open a F**ing Door to collect all that shit.

Also anyone know how long is the game ??

Kaswa101

This.

KJRS_1993

Yeahh no.
The blanket wave of shit talk about this game is ridiculous.
We gonna grow the fork up anytime soon or is it just going to be the typical lazy ass "Ubisoft Assassin's Creed lawl" crap comments?
Banner was well made though.

And why is it acceptable to constantly rip the piss into an individual from this forum? Famous Voldemortimer never got this much crap and he did a lot worse than enjoy Assassin's Creed.

Kuldar

An OT designed for the haters...seriously?
Maybe with that thread all the usual Ubisoft and AC bashing will stay here and we will have feedback from people who actually played the games in the real OT.

Does Ubi not realize that making no version available with all the DLC just leaves me feeling like I'm playing a no-win game and reduces my overall interest in the product? I'm sure I can't be alone in that feeling.
All DLCs (except the one exclusve to PS4) will probably be in the season pass like for AC Black Flag and AC Unity.

Jin

OT likes this are unhealthy. It's like a sanctioned shit posting for a game before the reviews and impressions are even out. At least wait before we start piling on it.

Impulsor

Always with the hate against Ubisoft. :(

I can't say that the hate is not justified though. They kinda pushed it too far with Unity.

In any case, the OT shouldn't be like this, unless till we see what the general consensus is.

If the game is in fact another ubimess, then go ahead, have fun with the jabs, but until then, I think we shouldn't use such a OT.

I can't say that the hate is not justified though. They kinda pushed it too far with Unity.

In any case, the OT shouldn't be like this, unless till we see what the general consensus is.

If the game is in fact another ubimess, then go ahead, have fun with the jabs, but until then, I think we shouldn't use such a OT.

Well, perhaps, but it just seems to never stop in any thread involving Ubisoft. Now there's an entire 'OT' based on a game being an 'Ubimess' before it's even fully released. It's like there's a group of GAF Users who just can't let go of Watchdogs and Unity's release. Even though there have been buggy games, and 'downgrades' galore since then, showing it isn't something unique to Ubisoft.

I just don't get it, but then I guess I'm in a minority that still enjoys Ubisoft games - Rocksmith, The Crew, Grow Home, etc. Perhaps this OT is part of a running joke I don't understand fully.

RulkezX

The other thread that that was an impression from reddit followed by Ubishitposting? The impressions from people here who have played it have been good, but we should probably believe the "guy in the Middle East who got the game early" and hated it.

The OP pandering going with am OT aimed to pander to the idiots and drive more shit posting is embarrassing as well.

prudislav

All DLCs (except the one exclusve to PS4) will probably be in the season pass like for AC Black Flag and AC Unity.
Wonder if PC gets even that PS4 exlusive mission in deluxe/gold edition when PC version releases (like in pretty much in every Ubi game since ACB )

I agree. While the OT is kinda funny, I feel games should at least be given a chance.

Would be funny if Syndicate ended up being good.
I doubt it, but still.

Just noticed this in the gamestar.de preview video. And it made me grin... :)

assassin_s_creed_synd2hjk8.gif

Their impression: It seems to run good on PS4 but they think the 'overall detail level' is lower than in unity. Also less bugs und glitches then in unity. They already had two patches, but I doubt those were the day one patches.

In this preview it doesn't look too bad actually.

stryke

It's really sad developers think players are so brain dead that they need waypoint markers through a linear setpiece.

1445500025-syn.gif

Impulsor

Well, perhaps, but it just seems to never stop in any thread involving Ubisoft. Now there's an entire 'OT' based on a game being an 'Ubimess' before it's even fully released. It's like there's a group of GAF Users who just can't let go of Watchdogs and Unity's release. Even though there have been buggy games, and 'downgrades' galore since then, showing it isn't something unique to Ubisoft.

I just don't get it, but then I guess I'm in a minority that still enjoys Ubisoft games - Rocksmith, The Crew, Grow Home, etc. Perhaps this OT is part of a running joke I don't understand fully.

Yeah, I have to agree. It sadly went too far.

I still really like Ubisoft games generally. Specially open world games, and I even had fun with Unity, like, a lot of fun, with the multiplayer mode. I could clearly see the games faults and bugs, but I still had a lot of fun with it, regardless.

So here I am, hoping that Syndicate reviews well, because I'm a fan of the AC franchise since the beginning, and I really want this game to be good.

*Crosses fingers*

Skux

Yeahh no.
The blanket wave of shit talk about this game is ridiculous.
We gonna grow the fork up anytime soon or is it just going to be the typical lazy ass "Ubisoft Assassin's Creed lawl" crap comments?
Banner was well made though.

And why is it acceptable to constantly rip the piss into an individual from this forum? Famous Voldemortimer never got this much crap and he did a lot worse than enjoy Assassin's Creed.

I would literally have a better conversation about this game on gamefaqs than on GAF.

This is just a shameful display

An OT designed for the haters...seriously?

I'm a huge fan of the series too, having played all the games except Liberation and Rogue, and gotten the platinums on AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations and even Unity.

The biggest fans of something are always its biggest critics. Yes, I am disappointed in how Ubisoft has handled the franchise. I've nitpicked the crap out of why it's gone downhill and even provided direct feedback to Ubisoft on what I feel they could do to get it back on track.

I'm not going to turn the OT into some marketing mouthpiece and pretend that everyone should be excited. Because we shouldn't be. After Unity's glitches, after the same tired gameplay from game to game, we should be cautious. I almost put a recommendation to not preorder the game right at the very top, because the impressions and videos I've seen show that Ubisoft still hasn't provided any real hook back into the franchise, and still hasn't seriously addressed its glitches and performance issues.

It's not up to me to stop people dumping on Assassin's Creed. They are (or were) fans too and are similarly disenfranchised. They are going to do that regardless of what the thread for the game on an internet forum looks like. The only people who can stop that from happening is Ubisoft, by making a good Assassin's Creed game and gaining back the trust of fans who have spent hundreds of dollars and dozens of hours in these games.

so when can we expect the real OT?

"It's not up to me to stop people dumping on Assassin's Creed." So instead, you egg it on. Nice

nib95

Banned
I agree. While the OT is kinda funny, I feel games should at least be given a change.

Would be funny if Syndicate ended up being good.
I doubt it, but still.

It's not even a case of whether the game is good or not. The OP title and banner is a play on words with the implication that the game is especially glitchy. Firstly, we can't know that till it's in more people's hands and we see growing evidence of that. Secondly who determines that Syndicate's level of glitchyness is enough to warrant a mocking OT? Witcher 3, Fallout, Read Dead Redemption, Skyrim, Oblivion etc, so many of these games have been full of glitches and bugs. How do you decide which is open to an insulting OT and which isn't, and why is Syndicate even being singled out? Especially before the game is even out!

It just seems silly and immature. Let the product speak for itself. We'll get a better understanding of it's performance and gameplay as the impressions poor in. No need for the OP to get in his pre emptive dig before the game is even out, it's almost inviting vitriol.

Top Bottom