• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

I agree. While the OT is kinda funny, I feel games should at least be given a chance.

Would be funny if Syndicate ended up being good.
I doubt it, but still.

I mean Unity was barely raked over the coals by journo's. It was more the fans who were critical.

I'm sure this will review very well, like mid 80's, especially as technically it looks like it runs great.

MilkBeard

Love the banner. People be salty. Actually makes me want to play the game now, lol.

Oh, on a serious note, the other topic that is shitting on the game seems a bit dramatic. I watched a hands on video and it looks like a lot of those complaints are nonsensical. For example, I saw people shooting the grappling hook just fine. It looks fun, almost like spiderman.

EDIT: I see OP changed the banner pic. At least save the original for another OT or as an alternate in a link. Too good to throw away.

Im with the OP. After all the clusterfucks I think it's fine to have some fun with the OT.

If it's good the OP will eat some crow. Actually many of us tbh.

Skux

so when can we expect the real OT?

"It's not up to me to stop people dumping on Assassin's Creed." So instead, you egg it on. Nice

While the OP might be funny, it's a shame for GAF. Someone open up a real OT, please.

I have replaced the banner image with a generic promotion image. The original is still linked below so people understand what all this fuss is about.

It's up to you, the gamers, to let us know whether it's a good game or not. Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

Awesome OT, love the salt from the corporate/series apologists too, the series has earned the trepidation and lack of hype people have going into Syndicate, if it can turn the tide back, great we as gamers win, but lets wait for them to prove it, and have a little fun at their expense until they do.

is upsetting

upsetting? its a jokey OT title for a video game, if this gets people upset, they really need to examine their priorities in life.

SURGEdude

The thread whining is insane in here.

The resentment for Ubi has been building for years and it's not crazy to see it bubble to a froth with the largely forgotten sequel to one of last year's biggest embarrassments.

This OT is pretty obviously meant as a slight to the horseshit pre-order insanity. The fact that people also dragged in the resentment for Unity is hardly surprising. Some of the offended are acting like this is the first sarcastic OT ever.

Joke OTs are funny. But usually they start the jokes at OT 2, so I guess having the original be like that is upsetting. I think it's funny though, but I'm not super crazy about Assassin's Creed.
I thought the intro was good. It made fun of the glitches but all the necessary info is there.

After all Ubisoft did poking fun at Syndicate should be alright really.

Not to mention impressions have been mediocre.

Wow. Pretty shocked so many got bent out of shape about a header image. I liked it. Laughed a lot.

I'm not the biggest AC fan but will be buying Syndicate if the majority of reviews are positive.

BouncyFrag

I hope this turns out to be good entry to the series. If it can deliver a compelling Templar vs Assassins story, I'll give it a go. The soundtrack could be really good since Austin Wintory, who composed Journey's soundtrack, wrote it.

SURGEdude

I am not happy with all this AC hate here

For sure. Because this series gets a pass that COD, Destiny, EA Sports, and the rest of the annual conveyor belt titles don't deserve!

I mean after Unity and the widely discussed Ubisoft open world formula (towers!), who in their right mind could be a skeptic? Add microtransactions and pre-order shenanigans along with an almost certainly shitty Ubi Kiev PC port and what's there to complain about?

SURGEdude

I hope this turns out to be good entry to the series. If it can deliver a compelling Templar vs Assassins story, I'll give it a go. The soundtrack could be really good since Austin Wintory, who composed Journey's soundtrack, wrote it.

A likeable protag would do wonders for the series. It's such a commonly overlooked issue but really helps narrative titles. Ezio's games were to an extent carried by good characterization.

I know, I hope they can pull out a good story too. Unity was pretty meh and as great as Black Flag was it also wasn't that interesting. Some better Assassin personalities would be appreciated and Evie looks awesome in that regard.

I have zero expectations for the modern story, but then I'm like the 0.1% of people who enjoyed it and it's over arching plot.

SURGEdude

I know, I hope they can pull out a good story too. Unity was pretty meh and as great as Black Flag was it also wasn't that interesting. Some better Assassin personalities would be appreciated and Evie looks awesome in that regard.

I have zero expectations for the modern story, but then I'm like the 0.1% of people who enjoyed it and it's over arching plot.

BF was fun because of it's variety. The story was okish but seemed amazing compared to 3 and the new mechanics were fresh and fun. Combine that with new gen graphics and it makes sense it's so well regarded. The worst parts about it were the legacy AC stuff like the tailing junk.

Unity took all the wrong parts and ran with them.

Seijuro

Yep, these are my feelings exactly. I was always a big fan of the overarching story, even when it went to sci-fi. I even liked the parts in ACIV, as it felt like a breather/bridge between the first arc and a second, which obviously never came to in Unity. So I was pretty disappointed there, but I hope they make the modern day stuff relevant again in Syndicate.

TheDanger

Banned
Here's a PS4 frame rate test. Seems to run better than Unity.

Looked like solid performance this time at first, but it still can't seem to handle too many NPCs on screen, drops down to 26: https://youtu.be/1XGr0qhzevw?t=553

That aren't even that many NPCs, are there still places with as much NPCs as in Unity?

While the OP might be funny, it's a shame for GAF. Someone open up a real OT, please.

was there anything other than the inital banner making fun of the game in the OP?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Fuck sake, the banner was just a joke. If the game is good the OT will be positive.

I am currently going through a really disinterested stage in video games and I know it sounds weird but I kind of blame metal gear solid. Mission 28 is where I am up to and it is a stupid mission and I just haven't had the urge to game because of it even though I have life is strange finale, witcher dlc and soma to play I just cant. I think MGS broke me a little and something so predictably enjoyable (I enjoyed the ones prior to this AC) is maybe what I need to get back on the horse as it were.

GlamFM

Banned
Do you guys think they will FINALLY go back to a pirate setting if the reviews for this are mediocre?

Assassins Creed 4 was soooo good! Why wouldn´t they just continue with that?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Will be glad once the reviews come out and more people have the game and give impressions. The back and forth between "haters" and "apologists" lol sigh...

Top Bottom