• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

Mr Moose

Unity is bigger than all of the combined landmasses of AC4 combined, with a quarter of the buildings now being enterable, the city is also very dense, with 1:1 scale monuments, and that's not mentioning the catacombs, and this is a pretty big spoiler,
it is a very huge world. Infamous SS and DR3 can't compare to this scale at all.

What about GTA V?

Kezen

Banned
Maybe they had the Qubec accent? :p
Some did, but even typical French sounding voices were completely off the mark. The tone was never right, voices didn't fit characters at all. What a disaster.

Man, that saddens me :(
Have you played Remember Me with French voiceovers by any chance? I'd like if someone could compare AC French voices with French voices from Remember Me, since I know how those sound and I liked them enough to finish the game with them and English subtitles.
Sorry, I didn't play Remember Me, here you can gauge the quality of the French dubbing in ACIII.
Consider yourself warned. I love my language but I just can't stand this dubbing, it sounds false, almost if actors didn't even read the script once before entering the booth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD8Ao3NJbkg

Shin-Ra

It's confirmed that the ps4 wrecks the screenshot quality. Which is something that many people knew, but forgot. Making a new thread about this.
Yes, we forgot how SHARE absolutely destroys image quality (in AC Unity much worse than other games for reasons) but dogshit quality videos look better!

And now we're taking the subjective opinions of people we don't know over hard pictorial evidence!

keep them coming!

Please don't. 720p videos have the amazing ability to make even 900p look worse than it is. I am still waiting to see console footage getting even remotely close to this:
untitled_375_by_dennisk4-d7b2ev3.gif

untitled_374_by_dennisk4-d7b1vj7.gif

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Why are the NPC's clothes still changing colour from the texture pop-in? I thought this was a bug but clearly it must be a feature because they haven't fixed it even though it's been in numerous dev walkthrough's.

Those screens actually made my eyes hurt with how blurry they are.
There's a gameinformer article that explains how the AI works and also kinda stealth explains the pop in.
What about GTA V?
GTAV world scale looks to be bigger. But I don't think the actual graphics are better than Unity.
wait 3-4 years. Look what GTA V did with that old boxes. Its a technical masterpiece.
If that were to actually happen I'd be like.
J3GtyzO.png

woen

Please don't. 720p videos have the amazing ability to make even 900p look worse than it is. I am still waiting to see console footage getting even remotely close to this:

I hope nobody believed this would be what the game could be like on PS4 or XBO.

Crossing Eden

Yeah I was speaking purely about scale, although I guess we'll have to wait to see what GTA V/Assassin's Creed Unity look like on PS4 next to each other.
Well in terms of scale unless they added more streets and interiors into GTAV than Unity is much denser.

-griffy-

Banned
It's confirmed that the ps4 wrecks the screenshot quality. Which is something that many people knew, but forgot. Making a new thread about this.

I love how the guy who is now your pariah and basis for making a new thread said it "deterioates - a little - the image" and that gets translated by you as PS4 "wrecks" the screenshot quality. PS4 share quality is not a dramatic degradation unless posted directly to Twitter or Facebook. Funny how the pages and pages of PS4 share pics in the Console Screenshots thread are by and large perfectly representative of what the games actually look like. If the pics are accurate and actual captures from a PS4, then the IQ will not be dramatically better then what we see in this thread.

Shredderi

I hope nobody believed this would be what the game could be like on PS4 or XBO.

I hope that at least on pc max it can look like that. I mean why not? They obviously at some point in time had the level of lighting and post processing seen in that video so why couldn't it be an option for pc? I'm kinda asking this in a more general way because of all the downgrades that we've seen with games. We see gameplay of games that look absolutely gorgeous in promotional material and then it doesn't look that good even on pc, and my question is why not? I'm not talking about texture or model assets either that could only exist for trailer purposes but why can't devs leave the bullshot/uber lighting as an ultra ultra option for pc? I know so little of the technical side of things that I honestly don't know.

valkyre

It is confirmed that PS4 wrecks the screenshot quality as much as it does for the rest of the games we have since it released.

And while it does affect quality, in ACU it simply cant be a special case that ruins the IQ so much. It is the same as with every ps4 screenshot from every game. Look at the PS4 shots from Shadow of Mordor, or the Last of Us, or Infamous SS or so many other games.

Sure IQ takes a hit, but not to the ridiculous levels we see in ACU. So that means simply one thing: that ACU IQ sucks.

I agree that the game masks a lot of its issues while in motion and that it does appear better than stills. But again... thats true for most games also...

Loofy

Well I think the game looks great. Then again I own a PS3 and didnt really mind the 4 out of every 5 ports that used quincunx aa.

I'll be happy if this is how Wild Hunt looks on the consoles..

woen

Most people here did not, but I bet a lot of casuals got caught up in hype due to this footage.

Casuals are more exposed to the CGI trailers (already 2 for ACU I think), they're are shown on TV shows and adds. I believe this "sneak peek" (as they called it) had a smaller audience but still, you create first hype and then disappointment with that kind of footage, it's not good.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
That is beyond wrecked. It looks like either a compressed webvideo or some graphical glitch. We've had great shots of other PS4 games on this same forum.

If Ubi actually launches a game that looks that bad I think even mainstream gamers are going to take notice. There is no distance from your TV where the shots in the OP would look acceptable. You'd have to play it from the kitchen.

Crossing Eden

I love how the guy who is now your pariah and basis for making a new thread said it "deterioates - a little - the image" and that gets translated by you as PS4 "wrecks" the screenshot quality. PS4 share quality is not a dramatic degradation unless posted directly to Twitter or Facebook. Funny how the pages and pages of PS4 share pics in the Console Screenshots thread are by and large perfectly representative of what the games actually look like. If the pics are accurate and actual captures from a PS4, then the IQ will not be dramatically better then what we see in this thread.
You mean the ps4 console screenshot thread that has multiple tips on how to get max quality out of ps4's screenshot feature?

It is confirmed that PS4 wrecks the screenshot quality as much as it does for the rest of the games we have since it released.

And while it does affect quality, in ACU it simply cant be a special case that ruins the IQ so much. It is the same as with every ps4 screenshot from every game. Look at the PS4 shots from Shadow of Mordor, or the Last of Us, or Infamous SS or so many other games.

Sure IQ takes a hit, but not to the ridiculous levels we see in ACU. So that means simply one thing: that ACU IQ sucks.

I agree that the game masks a lot of its issues while in motion and that it does appear better than stills. But again... thats true for most games also...
But doesn't this confirm that the screens aren't really very good? It certainly proves that the "this looks worse than AC4" nonsense is proven to be hyperbolic nonsense.

Let us all zoom in on a picture with MS Paint and show everyone how terrible Unity looks.

Come the fuck on now. This is getting ridiculous. I am seriously believing that the average age in this thread is 14.

I was going to splice the "car vault" text on top but I'm not at my PC.

Its a joke mate.

valkyre

You mean the ps4 console screenshot thread that has multiple tips on how to get max quality out of ps4's screenshot feature?

But doesn't this confirm that the screens aren't really very good? It certainly proves that the "this looks worse than AC4" nonsense is proven to be hyperbolic nonsense.

I dont know if the game looks worse than AC4, probably not, because if it is its going to be the laughing stock of the industry.

But one thing is certain. AC4 has way better IQ than ACU. Just see the pics people posted using the same ugly PS4 capture tools.

The difference in IQ is immense.

fallingdove

They may not impress you, but let's not pretend like the crwds are not imrpessive, I can't think of a game that has this many npcs that on their own have 7000 animations. That is a ton of attention to detail....it is a very huge world. Infamous SS and DR3 can't compare to this scale at all.

Your defense force bullshit is nauseating.

Scale isn't a silver bullet to great game play and npcs sure as hell aren't either. Especially when you are dealing with the monotonous mechanics of an Assassins Creed game. AssCreed, similarly to an EA sports or CoD game is designed around maximizing the number of bulletpoints on the back of the box. Sadly they more often than not are focused on the wrong things.

Crossing Eden

I dont know if the game looks worse than AC4, probably not, because if it is its going to be the laughing stock of the industry.

But one thing is certain. AC4 has way better IQ than ACU. Just see the pics people posted using the same ugly PS4 capture tools.

The difference in IQ is immense.
That remains to be seen imo. And for all we know the day 1 patch could rectify it.
Framerate is most important aspect of me for this game if I were to give my honest opinion.

@Wreck

pretty starved for ps4 footage, i know it will look better than these (as well as xb1)

honestly i just want to see the game being played on ps4.

so i repeat 'keep it coming'

Crossing Eden

Your defense force bullshit is nauseating.

Scale isn't a silver bullet to great game play and npcs sure as hell aren't either. Especially when you are dealing with the monotonous mechanics of an Assassins Creed game. AssCreed, similarly to an EA sports or CoD game is designed around maximizing the number of bulletpoints on the back of the box. Sadly they more often than not are focused on the wrong things.
Sounds like you don't like the series at all and couldn't care either way if the gameplay's different. ._.

JohnGrimm

I hope that at least on pc max it can look like that. I mean why not? They obviously at some point in time had the level of lighting and post processing seen in that video so why couldn't it be an option for pc?
Dark Souls II. Never forget.

Also, Ubisoft. The PC version will have like 30 different AA options and about a dozen shadow quality settings. So at least there's that.

Kiant

There's a gameinformer article that explains how the AI works and also kinda stealth explains the pop in.

Well it explains the pop-in but not the colour changes - even then I don't think the pop-in is done well. It look's really jarring and completely breaks the immersion.

It looks about the same on XB1, it's blurry there too.

The only remarkable thing about this game is the nice HDR lighting effect that happens when you go from a closed area to an open one. Otherwise it's pretty ugly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped as fuck for this its my favorite series. But how the hell did this end up looking worse than AC Pirate Sim on the ps4 =\

system11

At least the app is free and it's all minor stuff.
dont you dare say smartphones aren't free because that's a heathen's excuse

Companion apps are plain shitty, I don't understand why they make them - surely nobody buys console games because of a phone tie-in, which leads me to believe it's more to do with data mining their customers.

Edit: new shots - still blurry.

Crossing Eden

In a closed area on XB1, the framerate was steady 30 except for one area where you look out over a row of incredibly ugly trees. It dropped hard there.
Latest impressions on the framerate from one of the leakers.

Rather steady framerate, I just had two slight "lag" during a cutscene and during gameplay, but the time to do my reflection cétait already ended.

for video, 260MB of 350, 40 minutes remaining ... I will have to cancel the transfer and try again on an external HD if I want to play tonight lol xD

Fixed.

Also :

New PS4 screenshots from another french guy

0sUqTNR.jpg

Man, forget the fact that the game looks like its officially sponsored by vaseline, that HUD is ugly as fuck. Way too much on the screen.

Can you take off certain HUD elements in this game?

Top Bottom