• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

woen

Man, forget the fact that the game looks like its officially sponsored by vaseline, that HUD is ugly as fuck. Way too much on the screen.

Can you take off certain HUD elements in this game?

Yep and I will certainly play the game without most of it, especially the "Go there" dot, the control scheme and maybe the mini-map. Just open exploration and assassinations.

Yep and I will certainly play the game without most of it, especially the "Go there" dot, the control scheme and maybe the mini-map. Just open exploration and assassinations.

Same. I really hate the "go there" marker on videogames these days. And if I want to see the map I'll press the touchpad to bring it up like I did on AC4 (assuming you can still do that). Devs need to stop cluttering our screens.

I like it when devs implement contextual HUDs. We need more of those. Or HUDs that are actually incorporated into the game-world itself, such as the map being shown on the ground in The Division, and your way-point/objective being written on your clipboard in the Metro games.

bob page

I really hope they patch it. The 1080p patch made a huge difference for Black Flag.

Right now it looks very much like Watch Dogs which isn't a good thing.

SeanTSC

I really hope they patch it. The 1080p patch made a huge difference for Black Flag.

Right now it looks very much like Watch Dogs which isn't a good thing.

Not only does it pressingly need a resolution bump, but it also needs whatever dogshit AA solution that they are using completely thrown out and something else implemented. It'd be better with no AA at this point over the crap that they have in there that is absolutely ruining IQ.

And confirmed that the console won't look as good as the e3 version which was running on pc. Should there be a new thread for this?

Sure it's the PC version. Right up until the PC version actually comes out, has the most laughable required specs in the entire industry and yet even then, that version still doesn't look as good as the E3 footage either. It's almost as if Ubisoft have some sort of history of putting out pre-rendered trailers and lying about them being real time, probably because they think we're idiots.

But hey, Ubisoft's not a bad guy, just misunderstood!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah it looks nice in motion. The problem though is that it also looks like the same old Assassins Creed they've been spitting out the past few years. I'm just bored of it, and hoped that they'd change it up a bit more this time around.
From what we've seen the main missions are the thing that is the most changed, the open world content is still AC Unity gameplay, as in revamped AC gameplay, but isn't the main meat of the game.

lmbotiva

i have finished every assassins creed game, every one, but im gonna pass this year, it has nothing to do with resolution or graphics but watching that gameplay video on gamersyde, finally being played not by a PR person it shows is the same shit again, at this point im tired of the formula, black flag was fun because of the ships mechanics but at this points AC is on hold for me, good thing more games are coming out in November because if nothing were to be out the anxiety to buy it would be major

RedSwirl

wait 3-4 years. Look what GTA V did with that old boxes. Its a technical masterpiece.

I don't think four years is gonna make as much of a difference with PS4 and XB1 as it did with the previous consoles. Developers probably won't take as long to learn their way around the current architecture.

I don't think four years is gonna make as much of a difference with PS4 and XB1 as it did with the previous consoles. Developers probably won't take as long to learn their way around the current architecture.
This is said with literally every generation and it never proves true.

Ogimachi

j0qa5llSgpgm7.jpg
Thank you.

Looks great but the crowd is really disappointing, not only the pop-in but how awkwardly they move. Also, I dont like the effects when he attacks with the sword, and the streets are too wide, maybe is accurate with how the city was but is a downer when it comes to roof navigation.

Cant wait to play anyway.

MrBS

Just had a run of AssCreUn on xbone at PAX. There are moments of beauty and moments I was wincing. I wonder how old the build is I was playing. Performance was certainly sub 30. Not as bad as AssCre3 on PS3 but you would be hard pressed to not notice the frequent drops.

MrBS

Also fun fact I came across a chest I couldn't open and was told it could only be opened with the companion app ;)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Just had a run of AssCreUn on xbone at PAX. There are moments of beauty and moments I was wincing. I wonder how old the build is I was playing. Performance was certainly sub 30. Not as bad as AssCre3 on PS3 but you would be hard pressed to not notice the frequent drops.
Think it's a similar situation to the order where Ubi is just letting everyone play the same build from a month ago instead of creating a whole new demo. Was it the Notre Dame mission?

Ecto1

Neo Member
Was honestly under the impression it would look better, especially as its lowered to 900p, I assumed it would look amazing... But it doesn't look that much better than AC3/4 IMHO just with more NPC's

DOWN

Banned
Hey what's up with games where you can't mess with the HUD or at least turn it off? Like its 2014 and I have a share button for pics, but Bungie's still makes me look at the numbers flying out of enemies AND a health bar and I can never turn them off? Why lord?

That's one thing I've always been proud of AC for. Always allowed HUD configuring since the very first game.

Ecto1

Neo Member
Hey what's up with games where you can't mess with the HUD or at least turn it off? Like its 2014 and I have a share button for pics, but Bungie's still makes me look at the numbers flying out of enemies AND a health bar and I can never turn them off? Why lord?

That's one thing I've always been proud of AC for. Always allowed HUD configuring since the very first game.

Must admit, I love turning off HUDs for sweet screens... Even on PC

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

Shame you couldn't turn off that big blue line on the road in Watch Dogs. Why even bother trying to make a realistic looking game if you're going to spoil it with a forced driving line?

Ecto1

Neo Member
Love how a lot of people are saying that the game was made to look worse because of the PS4 or Xbox One. After all, its totally not the norm to reveal dollied up bull-shots that look better than even the PC game on max settings...

newuploads201205310078c65aa6c06c6125ec0aaa8221103812060404pmac3scsp29sdfrontierpickupontherunjpg-f21d3e.jpg

newuploads201205310078c65aa6c06c6125ec0aaa8221103812060404pmac3scsp30sdbostonsneakattackcontextualcoverjpg-286442.jpg

assassinscreediii_2a.jpg

ACIVBF_Screenshot_Havana_RushToAssassinate.jpg

Its not just ubisoft that do this, I mean, everyone remembers that KZ2 trailer... Weather its due to not having enough real content to show off early in development, or just trying to hype up visuals, its a very real aspect of the gaming industry. The truth is, why show of what a game looks like now, when I can take it into photoshop or even add some higher quality assets for a demo?

DOWN

Banned
^You posted very tame ones. They mod lighting, particles, animations, and interactions way more blatantly in some shots.

Like what is okay about these when they are being used as the screenshots on Xbox Live for 360, where the game has no chance of ever looking near this? They've done it for all of them. Watch Dogs is just as bad. How did Colonial Marines get so much more scrutiny for bull shots?

Assassins-Creed-4-Black-Flag-silence.jpg

Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-screenshot-8.jpg

ACBF_Screen_SP_Havana_KillingEachOther_GC_130821_10amCET_1376912963.jpg

Assassin-s-Creed-3-Video-Tutorial-Teaches-Combat-Moves-2.jpg

ACBPistol.jpg

Ecto1

Neo Member
^You posted very tame ones. They mod lighting, particles, animations, no interactions way more blatantly in some shots.

Haha, nice, I was trying to seem casual about it.

EDIT: Its amazing how last gen we called them Bullshots but this gen we actually expect the games to look like this. As you pointed out, its odd that some games like Aliens are called out for this when others are either ignored or said to be toned down for consoles.

Top Bottom