• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa coming to consoles in 2016

http://www.assettocorsa.net/coming-to-console-2016/

Calabasa, Calif. – June 3, 2015 – 505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, the highly acclaimed racing game. Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market.

Making its console debut in 2016, Assetto Corsa will bring specific features such as

- Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3
- Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
- Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
- Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdejU7orTuk

Makikou

Launch Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdejU7orTuk

11393107_1152666764759640_7765529112590219435_n.jpg

Also, i wish i was a member, i would have posted about this sooner. Haha.

SmokyDave

Man, that's good news for XBone and PS4 owners. Get on it, peeps.

I think I prefer AC to PCars, all things considered.

Watevaman

It's a great feeling sim, but I haven't tried it with a controller on PC and I'm hoping they can figure out a way to smooth the controls to fit gamepads better.

Also, there's a lot of cars I don't recognize a few of the cars (F1 and was that a Glickenhaus?) in the teaser, I'm guessing those are coming in future DLC packs for the PC?

nikos

Great news. Hopefully it translates well to controller gameplay. Project CARS took a lot of tweaking to get it to feel right.

Awesome news. AC is a fine sim at it's core and from what I hear works great on gamepads.

It just needs a lot of work in many places (Career mode and AI especially), so it will be a challenge for such a small team. Hopefully the next few months are productive in these areas for Kunos and the PC release also sees the benefits from this.

It's a great feeling sim, but I haven't tried it with a controller on PC and I'm hoping they can figure out a way to smooth the controls to fit gamepads better.

Also, there's a lot of cars I don't recognize a few of the cars (F1 and was that a Glickenhaus?) in the teaser, I'm guessing those are coming in future DLC packs for the PC?
Yep I think that was the F138 and the SCG 003! :eek:

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Now all we need is codies to announce dirt rally for consoles and I'll be all set

I like Project CARS but I'm hoping for something that feels a bit more like a polished and tighter package.

PCars is a great sim but from a UI perspective I find the game to be a bit of a mess. Also, the initial issues with getting the game to control well with a gamepad put me off pretty early.

I will give this a shot on PC at some point.

Azzawon

This is huge! I'm on board for the XB1 version, already have it on PC and it's great. I'm a sucker for double-dipping..

thelastword

Banned
I like the sheen on the cars, their cars look good, hope their tracks are detailed and has good textures. Just bring it over with some good IQ and they should be fine.

LilJoka

Lets take the positives coming from a PC perspective, maybe we will get a more refined MP experience, and maybe we can get a font size thats readable on a TV. And finally maybe a UI that can be navigated via wheel/pad. The added business should allow some more license deals too.

I like the sheen on the cars, their cars look good, hope their tracks are detailed and has good textures. Just bring it over with some good IQ and they should be fine.

The tracks are laser scanned, all of them.

I believe this will be the 2nd official racing sim to have a licensed F1 car, iRacing being the other.

Just as an insight to the depth Kunos will go. McLaren released a software update for the ECU governing traction control and KERs. Kunos update the game to reflect the software changed McLaren implemented. When they implement traction control or any electronic assist on the cars in game, it actually uses the information from the manufacturer, meaning each cars electronic aids actually have different settings and feelings.

Sorc3r3r

Gimme moaaaaar!!!

I'm loving this gen, driveclub+pcars+assettocorsa+granturismo+t500rs i love you all.

I need an action rpg here and there and i'm set.

What do you guys think how well it will run on consoles?

The XB1 graphics solution is comparable with Radeon HD 7790 (or a GeForce 650Ti), and the PS4's to an HD 7870 (or 660Ti). Has anyone experiences with AC and those cards or seen a benchmarks including those cards from the "final" build?

Mokubba

Gimme moaaaaar!!!

I'm loving this gen, driveclub+pcars+assettocorsa+granturismo+t500rs i love you all.

I need an action rpg here and there and i'm set.

Honestly, I've been so happy with racing games this gen.

A wheel purchase is a must now.

What do you guys think how well it will run on consoles?

The XB1 graphics solution is comparable with Radeon HD 7790 (or a GeForce 650Ti), and the PS4's to an HD 7870 (or 660Ti). Has anyone experiences with AC and those cards or seen a benchmarks including those cards from the "final" build?
It is less demanding on PC than PCARS. That might not mean much, as their engines are very different, but they must be confident that they can make it work, so I'd expect it to perform well - certainly 60fps, and probably 1080p.

ShamePain

Banned
It is less demanding on PC than PCARS. That might not mean much, as their engines are very different, but they must be confident that they can make it work, so I'd expect it to perform well - certainly 60fps, and probably 1080p.

Probably 1080p@60fps on PS4, 900p on Xbox One. It doesn't have heavy rain effects so the framerate should be pretty stable.

friday

I don't know how it is with a controller, but with a good wheel and pedal setup AC feels amazing to drive. Captures the feeling of driving better than most.

Pretty sweet!

I think it's great that it's coming to consoles, but I wish they hadn't thrown their hat in the ring with a publisher, and (unconfirmed) boxed copies. If they had kept it digital, with a reduced price they could have kept expectations down.

It's not a $60 product. Perhaps they can make it into one, but as we speak it's not.

LilJoka

Just some bits from the AC forums:

A separate team is working on the console version under their Studio.
One dev commented that the Console UI is coming to the PC and that he has already seen the UI =)
There will be no compromising on physics.

artsi

Just some bits from the AC forums:

A separate team is working on the console version under their Studio.
One dev commented that the Console UI is coming to the PC and that he has already seen the UI =)
There will be no compromising on physics.

Exactly what I wanted to hear, I'm not really a fan of the UI on the current PC version.

p3tran

Banned
Pretty sweet!

I think it's great that it's coming to consoles, but I wish they hadn't thrown their hat in the ring with a publisher, and (unconfirmed) boxed copies. If they had kept it digital, with a reduced price they could have kept expectations down.

It's not a $60 product. Perhaps they can make it into one, but as we speak it's not.

but its already 45 euros on steam, or 50 euros if you purchase combo with nurburgring (dlc#1, otherwise priced 15 euros on its own)
and that price is digital again, and on a platform that is considered cheaper to game on than current consoles.
so even by comparing to pc price, its not expensive.

I can very easily see a dlc#2 and a dlc#3 coming and bundled all together for console retail.

performance on console, and how they'll be able to spruce up the game for the average non-sim player is what will count more for sales imo

10 circuits. :/

Project Cars has 32.
Gran Turismo 6 has 40.

but are not the tacks in assetto corsa laser scanned?
I mean, for a track racing game, hand painted tracks vs laser scanned tracks.... the latter wins.

I'm so glad that consoles can also get these games, I have always preferred simulators. Over arcade racing. The driving genre as a whole is in a pretty good shape right now.

thelastword

Banned
Lets take the positives coming from a PC perspective, maybe we will get a more refined MP experience, and maybe we can get a font size thats readable on a TV. And finally maybe a UI that can be navigated via wheel/pad. The added business should allow some more license deals too.

I believe this will be the 2nd official racing sim to have a licensed F1 car, iRacing being the other.

Just as an insight to the depth Kunos will go. McLaren released a software update for the ECU governing traction control and KERs. Kunos update the game to reflect the software changed McLaren implemented. When they implement traction control or any electronic assist on the cars in game, it actually uses the information from the manufacturer, meaning each cars electronic aids actually have different settings and feelings.
Sounds good, if they can deliver on what they currently have and even improve it for the console release, then I'd be ecstatic. I love racing games, so the more that cross-over the better. I just hope they can deliver a 1080p 60fps experience or 60fp with minimal dips at launch. Looking forward to it and hopefully we'll see some gameplay footage not too far from now.

SmokyDave

10 circuits. :/

Project Cars has 32.
Gran Turismo 6 has 40.
Trento Bondone though. Worth 10 tracks alone. As long as you have Trento Bondone and the Cobra, you're set.

Seriously though, most of my favourite cars / tracks are mods now I come to think of it.

Skyzard

Banned
The game isn't flash but it's still pretty demanding on pc. A nice alternative... But a big plus was also the mod support on pc. Wonder if they'll be able to include some, like the f1 mods... Probably not?

p3tran

Banned

why does everyone seem to forget forza 5? not only it was the first game to offer a laser scanned version of the ring (amongst many other laser scanned tracks), but it also launched with lotus F1 back at 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qJDLmBZNo4

I agree with you that positives will derive for pc version by console development.
so, good for everybody

ShamePain

Banned
why does everyone seem to forget forza 5? not only it was the first game to offer a laser scanned version of the ring (amongst many other laser scanned tracks), but it also launched with lotus F1 back at 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qJDLmBZNo4

I agree with you that positives will derive for pc version by console development.
so, good for everybody

Even the ring in Forza 5 seems to have small inaccuracies, though of course it's lightyears better than the abomination in previous games.

Top Bottom