• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Kilrathi

My 780 Ti Classified eats this game for breakfast. Dayum.. All maximum settings @ 1080p and I never dip below 60.

I have to admit also. The game does not look as good as Project Cars, but I'm falling in love with the handling and physics more than Project Cars. I play with a G27 and you can always feel when you're about to slide out and can just correct it.

Can't wait till the DK2 comes in. Hopefully, the Rift integration is a lil bit better by then.

I picked this as well during the summer sale, I am enjoying the sim so far on fanatec wheel set. I can't wait for my DK2 in, I build or get some kind of stand for the fantec wheel because in under grad its clamped to a coffee table due space even though my room was huge 12ft x 17ft for a single. I should pick up the fanatic wheel stand for it

My 780 Ti Classified eats this game for breakfast. Dayum.. All maximum settings @ 1080p and I never dip below 60.
It's not a particularly demanding game, and is developed with consideration for running triple screens, so 1080p60 isn't a tough ask. You 780Ti should also have no problem running it a 3x1080p60.

Korezo

It's not a particularly demanding game, and is developed with consideration for running triple screens, so 1080p60 isn't a tough ask. You 780Ti should also have no problem running it a 3x1080p60.

I get over 100fps with a 580 in 1080p, and I was about to upgrade to 780ti for rift thinking my 580 wasn't going to be able to do it.

dubc35

Wow, just watched some videos of this with oculus rift! Must find way to launder money to hide PC build/rift from wife....

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I get over 100fps with a 580 in 1080p, and I was about to upgrade to 780ti for rift thinking my 580 wasn't going to be able to do it.

It'll eventually have to do 2560x1440x90fps though..

Are the devs likely to improve the rift support after Dk2 is out?

Korezo

It'll eventually have to do 2560x1440x90fps though..

Are the devs likely to improve the rift support after Dk2 is out?

yeah but at least I don't have to upgrade now, didn't want to get the 780ti, instead I can just wait for the 880, 980 when ever cv1 drops.

Soi-Fong

BMW M3 E30 at Mugello. I'm in fucking heaven.. I am seriously loving this more than Project Cars now. Is that weird? lol

I'm really hoping that DK2 at least works and that they've at least integrated the latest Oculus SDK on this. They don't have to have positional tracking, but having it at least work with the DK2 would be nice.

I have to admit also. The game does not look as good as Project Cars, but I'm falling in love with the handling and physics more than Project Cars. I play with a G27 and you can always feel when you're about to slide out and can just correct it.

Can't wait till the DK2 comes in. Hopefully, the Rift integration is a lil bit better by then.

Rig bragging from steam sale scrubs, yay.

Zeth

Shame that guy can't keep a car on the road even after editing together only long straights. I'm sure he's never played it prior though.
I'm already playing at 2560x1440 @ 90fps on my single 680 2gb so I'm fairly confident about waiting for consumer Rift before upgrading my PC. I cannot wait for DK2 either. Here's hoping AC gets some upgrades/improvements to go with it.

I think I have the WR for Snoopy's Nord 0.9.8 with the Exos S1 - 5:52. Holy shit what a combo. Feels like holding on for dear life throwing yourself into every corner. RSR leaderboards aren't super populated at the moment so it's not a big deal I guess.

Just to echo some of the newcomers' feelings too - I effin'' love this game. I still race pretty much every day - usually solo hotlaps, going on 6 months now.

Soi-Fong

Shame that guy can't keep a car on the road even after editing together only long straights. I'm sure he's never played it prior though.
I'm already playing at 2560x1440 @ 90fps on my single 680 2gb so I'm fairly confident about waiting for consumer Rift before upgrading my PC. I cannot wait for DK2 either. Here's hoping AC gets some upgrades/improvements to go with it.

I think I have the WR for Snoopy's Nord 0.9.8 with the Exos S1 - 5:52. Holy shit what a combo. Feels like holding on for dear life throwing yourself into every corner. RSR leaderboards aren't super populated at the moment so it's not a big deal I guess.

Just to echo some of the newcomers' feelings too - I effin'' love this game. I still race pretty much every day - usually solo hotlaps, going on 6 months now.

What settings are you running on?

Zeth

What settings are you running on?

medium shadows
2-4x AA
high-very high world detail
medium cube maps
2 faces per frame

I'd have to load to it up to get full details but it's not too difficult to keep a solid 90 even on modded tracks - but this is mostly for solo hotlaps. When I do race I usually have to sacrifice something or cap to 60. But I'm usually solo lately.

not sure how cpu-intensive it is, especially without AI, but I have a 3570k @ 4.2ghz

Soi-Fong

Wow.. So here's something.. I was playing Project Cars and my dad had a go in Eifelwald. He did pretty good. His first thought was this looks real nice. Awesome graphics and such. After about a lap, he said that it was ok and the handling was quite nice. Graphics stood out the most though.

Fast forward two hours and he comes down again this time to see me playing AC. He said he wants to try it out again. Immediately after sitting, he notices the graphics aren't as good. I tell him it's a different game. Then he proceeds to try it out afterwards. After one lap through Mugello which I've just been playing, he immediately says this feels "better." I ask him how. He said with this game, it feels like the car is more grounded and it's much more realistic in its handling saying its much more unforgiving. Add to that, he loves the feedback that you somehow get from the wheel allowing you to make minor adjustments when driving.

Korezo

Wow.. So here's something.. I was playing Project Cars and my dad had a go in Eifelwald. He did pretty good. His first thought was this looks real nice. Awesome graphics and such. After about a lap, he said that it was ok and the handling was quite nice. Graphics stood out the most though.

Fast forward two hours and he comes down again this time to see me playing AC. He said he wants to try it out again. Immediately after sitting, he notices the graphics aren't as good. I tell him it's a different game. Then he proceeds to try it out afterwards. After one lap through Mugello which I've just been playing, he immediately says this feels "better." I ask him how. He said with this game, it feels like the car is more grounded and it's much more realistic in its handling saying its much more unforgiving. Add to that, he loves the feedback that you somehow get from the wheel allowing you to make minor adjustments when driving.

AC always has always been the better driving game compared to pcars. You always seem to be surprised about AC driving physics, it's probably the best available many people say.

Dilly

Banned
Too bad the FFB gets bad in heavy oversteer situations. You shouldn't work that hard to correct oversteer in a car.

ADRIANF1esp

Neo Member
Assetto Corsa gameplay with the BMW 1M S3 at Aosta Grand Sport 2.0, that is a conversion of this circuit from Netkar Pro for Assetto Corsa.

Mascot

The fact that modders will constantly keep releasing new tracks is I think what has me most excited about AC.

Racing sims live and die by their circuit count. It seems AC will end up having the most tracks out of all of them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just had a quick blast to try and get the DFGT set up. wow, feels really good. took a bit of fiddling to get the wheel 1:1 (was moving way too fast) but that seems ok now

can someone recommend me a good car/track combination to really spend some time learning and practising? I have a soft spot for the lotus elise/exige and Monza, but would be happy to try something else if it will better help me learn how to race better.

also makes me really want an oculus rift. my setup is just a wheelstand pro in front of a computer desk, so a little more immersion would be good :)

Soi-Fong

just had a quick blast to try and get the DFGT set up. wow, feels really good. took a bit of fiddling to get the wheel 1:1 (was moving way too fast) but that seems ok now

can someone recommend me a good car/track combination to really spend some time learning and practising? I have a soft spot for the lotus elise/exige and Monza, but would be happy to try something else if it will better help me learn how to race better.

also makes me really want an oculus rift. my setup is just a wheelstand pro in front of a computer desk, so a little more immersion would be good :)

I'm still doing the BMW M3 E30 + Mugello.. Just something about this combo..

Can't get my Thrustmaster ferrari gt experience to function properly. The pedals are being picked up as button 7 and 8 (presumably RT/LT) and I can't get them to register as an axis in configuration. Pain in the ass, as I don't want to play this with controller.

Zeth

July 18th update should be good. Lotus 98t would be awesome!

From twitter:
Stefano Casillo ‏@KunosStefano 4m
@oooRickyBobby hahaha no, but I hope you'll get the Lotus 98t if I can convince the AI not to commit suicide at T1 in every track :D
Michael Hornbuckle ‏@oooRickyBobby 5m
@KunosStefano Due to popular demand..ETA on slipstream in MP?

Stefano Casillo ‏@KunosStefano 2m
@oooRickyBobby its done and in testing.. july 18th as well.

Lol at all the crybabies and forum drama at RD and official forums. I'm taking my toys and going home!

Zeth

What is going on there?

RD thread about the twitter stuff posted above. Some posters/mods threw tantrums "fine I'm not posting anything I find out personally on twitter ever again" - which sadly the same thing I see happen on the AC forums with regard to mods. Some modder has a misunderstanding with a forum mod/admin and deletes all his work. I swear I've never seen a more dysfunctional community :p

LilJoka

RD thread about the twitter stuff posted above. Some posters/mods threw tantrums "fine I'm not posting anything I find out personally on twitter ever again" - which sadly the same thing I see happen on the AC forums with regard to mods. Some modder has a misunderstanding with a forum mod/admin and deletes all his work. I swear I've never seen a more dysfunctional community :p

Maldo did the same on code masters F1 because of a disagreement with a normal user..

I'm assuming the problem is from illegal mod importing?

Zeth

Maldo did the same on code masters F1 because of a disagreement with a normal user..

I'm assuming the problem is from illegal mod importing?

No I don't think so, but that's a totally different issue haha. RD seems fairly slow to remove those and I haven't seen any major disagreements. I'm talking totally legitimate stuff. I think I just end up seeing more of that crap than most because I literally scour all the forums every single day for new mods/tracks/skins. I'm an AC addict.

Speaking of Codies, some guy who's been receiving tutoring the past few weeks on track modding at the AC forums finally released his first track: Codemasters Circuit of the Americas :lol It's pretty bad in case anyone's wondering. Anyway sorry for derailing. And I don't mean to diminish anyone's work of course. I respect and appreciate anyone who puts content out for the community. I just found that funny.

I really need to get into a league of some type. I haven't even tried MP yet - guess I'm a solitary kind of guy - I get infinite enjoyment just improving my hotlaps. But I understand there's a whole different world of actual racing if I ever get to it.

paskowitz

I really need to get into a league of some type. I haven't even tried MP yet - guess I'm a solitary kind of guy - I get infinite enjoyment just improving my hotlaps. But I understand there's a whole different world of actual racing if I ever get to it.

Let's organize a GAF league. GT6 NeoGAF Racing League (GT6 NRL) is pretty much dead.

Sorry, comment was out of place. Seemed weird to me that someone acts surprised that a game with low requirements runs well on one of the best GPUs out there.

Haven't touched the game in some time, too busy with other stuff. Really need to dig back into it. How is the mp?

MadGear

Is it normal that the world/track shakes like theres an earthquake when standing still? This is especially noticeable in external camera views for me.

Zeth

Is it normal that the world/track shakes like theres an earthquake when standing still? This is especially noticeable in external camera views for me.

This is usually an issue with motion blur on modded tracks. You can toggle off motion blur and see if that's it.

MadGear

This is usually an issue with motion blur on modded tracks. You can toggle off motion blur and see if that's it.

Thanks, that fixed it. However this seems to be a "global" issue for me because it's not restricted to modded tracks, at least in my case.

Dave_6

Excellent! My first-ever installation of a mod to a PC game, and what a doddle it was.
My Vaio runs AC like a PS2 game but this track with the E30 M3 is pure gaming nirvana.

How difficult is it? I haven't been into PC gaming long and haven't really messed around with mods yet.

Top Bottom