• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Did a little tweaking with my settings. Almost everything maxed out and it's running at 60 FPS with no drops in hotlaps. I suck so not going to hit online just yet, will probably have to drop some settings when playing against AI in races I'd think. Main thing I'm doing is just getting a feel for what gives the most performance hit for when I'm aiming for that 75FPS on the DK2.

Edit: and thanks for the replies. Will check out that site and it may be AMD drivers, who knows? Havent had issues with other games so far so hopefully that is not the case.

TJP

Shelby mod updated to version 2.5: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/shelby-cobra-released-v0-2-5.955/

Shelby Cobra v0.2.5 with HD skins: http://www.mediafire.com/download/61j83z01qkc40ox/ShelbyCobra_v2.5.rar

OR

Shelby Cobra v0.2.5 wihout skins: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ed8q87y4pybp0p4/ShelbyCobra_v2.5_noSkin.rar. You'll likely need to download the low res skins from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ocaxzlvxzalb6y/CobraSkinsLowRes.rar

Changelog:
  • Includes REQUIRED FIX for 18/07/2014 base game update
  • Due to big disadvantage for sequential shifter users, shifting time for sequential shifters now matches H-shifter
  • Minor changes to suspension
  • Changes to default setup
  • Fuel consumption is now set

Dave_6

Anyone have any idea of what the top speed of the real life Lotus 98T was? In this game with the turbo at 100% and the default gearing, it hits the limiter at ~191 mph. Has unreal acceleration up to that point though.

Seanspeed

Banned
Anyone have any idea of what the top speed of the real life Lotus 98T was? In this game with the turbo at 100% and the default gearing, it hits the limiter at ~191 mph. Has unreal acceleration up to that point though.
I would have thought higher than that. Probably need to lower the AoA of the rear wing. I haven't messed around with the setup yet(although I've played around with the variable boost function!).

Also, makers of the GP2 mod are going to be releasing 2014 F1 cars soon. Mercedes W05 and Ferrari F1AT due on Friday.

Did a little tweaking with my settings. Almost everything maxed out and it's running at 60 FPS with no drops in hotlaps. I suck so not going to hit online just yet, will probably have to drop some settings when playing against AI in races I'd think. Main thing I'm doing is just getting a feel for what gives the most performance hit for when I'm aiming for that 75FPS on the DK2.

Edit: and thanks for the replies. Will check out that site and it may be AMD drivers, who knows? Havent had issues with other games so far so hopefully that is not the case.
Yea, run a quick race with 23 AI or so and use that as your performance baseline. Easier to just have the settings ready for a locked 60fps no matter what situation comes up. Drops in framerates can be brutal while racing, especially with how challenging the driving is in this game.

Mascot

Not sure how far I'll get with this project, but it could be a fun little exercise. Here's a quickly rattled-off bare bones layout for my first-ever fictional track, Tempest Point. Flat as a pancake right now, but don't worry about that. There will be hills. And tunnels.

TempestPoint_zpsa7f7b765.png

RaceManIak

Neo Member
Not sure how far I'll get with this project, but it could be a fun little exercise. Here's a quickly rattled-off bare bones layout for my first-ever fictional track, Tempest Point. Flat as a pancake right now, but don't worry about that. There will be hills. And tunnels.
You got me at "will be hills" !

Business

Very nice, good luck with the project! I'd really like to get some 3D training and go for it.

paskowitz

Jumps?

psn

Sounds great :)

Had a chance to finally get around to downloading some tracks and cars. Man, the F1 2014 series + the Ring was a lot of fun. I'm so out of practice with racing will take a bit to get back into the motion.

I also loaded up 25 other racers (or whatever the max was) and I didn't notice a difference in FPS which was weird, I have most of the stuff maxed.

I really hope they add DK2 support quickly. As much as I love racing on my 60" HDTV I am dying to really dive into this game in VR.

TJP

Bsimracing posted this:

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 4C at Spa-Franchorchamps

http://www.bsimracing.com/assetto-corsa-alfa-romeo-4c-at-spa-francorchamps/

From Marco Massarutto: Working on Assetto Corsa : Alfa Romeo 4C@ Spa-Francorchamps circuit testing some of new graphics assets (new tarmac, curb and carbody shaders). Just to avoid any misunderstanding, let me mention some info about dev status: car at 40% (exteriors 70%, interiors 10%, physics and sounds as placeholders), circuit at 80% (anyway this one is scheduled for release within the 1.0, not in the Early Access program).

Mascot

Had a quick faff about last night but one thing was instantly obvious: my weaksauce laptop isn't up to snuff for a project like this. The terrain mesh for example needs to be at least fifty times denser than it currently is, but my machine just grinds to a halt if I even increase it ten times. Once I started adding rudimentary detail like grandstands, foot bridges, trees etc. it kept crashing. There's no hope at all for the kind of fine detail required. All very frustrating. Looks like I'll have to wait until the end of the year when the gaming PC is built before I've got enough grunt to do this justice. To be honest I don't really know what I'm doing anyway so I can use the intervening time to learn the best way to go about it and try to learn some actual 3D skills..!

Here's about as far as I got. I couldn't capture anything with the buildings in place because it became a crash-happy chug-a-thon. Bah!

TP4_zps9df4c912.png

TP1_zpse566acd6.png

TP2_zpsf85e077e.png

TP3_zps4d4cede2.png

@Mascot

What are you using to do this? Is it possible to make an 'unrealistic' course with high speed corners like a velodrome and gaps in the track?

Mascot

@Mascot

What are you using to do this? Is it possible to make an 'unrealistic' course with high speed corners like a velodrome and gaps in the track?

It was modelled with Google SketchUp. There's a free downloadable version which is a bit limited (but fun to play with). I've got the full 2014 edition which (among other benefits) can export in the file format that AC uses.

One interesting point is that you can locate your model over any part of Google Maps, so you could (for example) start building any real-world circuit over the actual geolocation of that circuit and simply trace the track from the satellite image, adding your own variations and additional ribbons as you see fit. Shadows etc would all then be spot-on for the time of day/day of year.

And yes, there's no reason why Hard Drivin'-type stunt tracks couldn't be done. I'm sure there are people working on them as we speak. Big-ass ramps, gaps and loop-de-loops incoming.

It was modelled with Google SketchUp. There's a free downloadable version which is a bit limited (but fun to play with). I've got the full 2014 edition which (among other benefits) can export in the file format that AC uses.

One interesting point is that you can locate your model over any part of Google Maps, so you could (for example) start building any real-world circuit over the actual geolocation of that circuit and simply trace the track from the satellite image, adding your own variations and additional ribbons as you see fit. Shadows etc would all then be spot-on for the time of day/day of year.

And yes, there's no reason why Hard Drivin'-type stunt tracks couldn't be done. I'm sure there are people working on them as we speak. Big-ass ramps, gaps and loop-de-loops incoming.

Awesome. Looks like I can use Blender too, might have to give this a try! Maybe I'll remake Rainbow Road ...

Mascot

Awesome. Looks like I can use Blender too, might have to give this a try! Maybe I'll remake Rainbow Road ...

I think most people use Blender for AC tracks, actually. I just used SketchUp because I'm kind of familiar with it.
(Who am I kidding? I'm a fucking noob of doom).

Edit: also, with SketchUp (well, the full version, anyway) you have access to Google's 3D Warehouse so you can quickly find pre-made 3D models of pretty-much anything (buildings, grandstands, pit areas, trees, cars etc) and dump them straight into your model.

Ahaha awesome. I have to try that in VR xD

On a different note: is there a track with great elevational changes? Like a hillclimb or something similar?

Zeth

Hold me guys.

My DK2 is arriving on Thursday.
happytears.gif

I'm guessing AC will require an update for compatibility + head tracking - can't wait. Easily my most anticipated VR experience. Hope Kunos is excited as I am.

Zeth

Hell yeah - I think just using a wheel in VR will be amazing - probably a better input method than almost any other at this early stage.

I just did a 5:40 in the 98T at Nordschliefe. Ran into the guard rail a few meters from finish line and lost about a second. But holy crap, trying to stay on the track with 100% turbo in that thing is insane. I can't believe I did it for almost two consecutive laps.

Seanspeed

Banned
I can't believe I did it for almost two consecutive laps.
Fucking hero. lol

Apparently the Merc W05 and Ferrari F1AT are a bit delayed still, but work is almost done and then they can get to releasing the other 2014 cars soon afterwards. Here's a bit of hype about what they're doing:

"We are creating two cars ,. so in the download when available there will be one car for lewis and one for rosberg , this will enable us to have the steering wheels and leds correct to each driver also the break disk and calipers for each driver , I do not what we are creating has never been done before , we are creating 100% realism that is what we are about , the physics are mind blowing the audio is just majestic , we have the helmets suits , and livery to each driver , each driver will have there own car , including all the different things that go with it , like unique led display , The tire treads and tire walls have all been mapped so that on each tire wall for example , you can have unique bar codes numbers , and even the spray paint that you see on each tire like , FL , FR , RL , RR , so on the grid the cars and tires along with the drivers and eveyrything thing that goes with it will all be unique and done to the highest of standards leaving no stone unturned , we are in association with F1ASR who are providing the cars for the season but still takes a lot of work and prep to get them game ready , even making adjustments to the cars as well to make them upto spec and correct :)"

Mascot

Apparently the Merc W05 and Ferrari F1AT are a bit delayed still, but work is almost done and then they can get to releasing the other 2014 cars soon afterwards. Here's a bit of hype about what they're doing:

"We are creating two cars ,. so in the download when available there will be one car for lewis and one for rosberg , this will enable us to have the steering wheels and leds correct to each driver also the break disk and calipers for each driver , I do not what we are creating has never been done before , we are creating 100% realism that is what we are about , the physics are mind blowing the audio is just majestic , we have the helmets suits , and livery to each driver , each driver will have there own car , including all the different things that go with it , like unique led display , The tire treads and tire walls have all been mapped so that on each tire wall for example , you can have unique bar codes numbers , and even the spray paint that you see on each tire like , FL , FR , RL , RR , so on the grid the cars and tires along with the drivers and eveyrything thing that goes with it will all be unique and done to the highest of standards leaving no stone unturned , we are in association with F1ASR who are providing the cars for the season but still takes a lot of work and prep to get them game ready , even making adjustments to the cars as well to make them upto spec and correct :)"

Wowzers..!

Bsimracing posted this:

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 4C at Spa-Franchorchamps

http://www.bsimracing.com/assetto-corsa-alfa-romeo-4c-at-spa-francorchamps/

From Marco Massarutto: Working on Assetto Corsa : Alfa Romeo 4C@ Spa-Francorchamps circuit testing some of new graphics assets (new tarmac, curb and carbody shaders). Just to avoid any misunderstanding, let me mention some info about dev status: car at 40% (exteriors 70%, interiors 10%, physics and sounds as placeholders), circuit at 80% (anyway this one is scheduled for release within the 1.0, not in the Early Access program).

How did I miss this?

Planning to buy a 4C in real life so I can't wait to test it here xD

amar212

Unless I'm missing something you probably mean Sukhoi. I actually thought about using a WWII aircraft model too.

I would say "Suhoyev" on my language, it is the same way Russians pronounce it.

But yeah, Sukhoi would be "correct" from the international perspective.

It is "Suhojev" in my book to be 100% accurate :)

shandy706

Here I leave you a gameplay with a new legendary F1 car added yesterday in Assetto Corsa, it's the Lotus 98T, and the lap is at Longford 1967 circuit, a new mod recently added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m3mDjNCOmI

At 28 seconds or so in you must have been thinking "oh shit" and then at 31 seconds "oh yes!"

I keep wanting to buy the game, then I see how rough it is still.....maybe one day..

Haha, I was wondering if he was going to lose it there too...played many a race/game where that would have resulted in a massive wipe-out/end of race.

Top Bottom