• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa -- New racing sim from the developer of netKar Pro

TJP

There was a lot of chatter via twitter earlier today between the Kunos guys about getting another build onto Steam. I hope this means the pre-order and a new demo arrives soon.

Shaneus

ron-paul.gif

So, so pumped.

Business

Looking as good as always.

From the comments on their FB page I see people is going increasingly nuts over a release date and I can't blame them.

Afrikan

is OP, mclaren777, the same dude who used to always post/start racing threads? with an old avatar of a race car driver?

did he get banned for life? O_O I remember him from the old PSU forums.

Jibbed

Not seen anything from this game which blows me away, anyone got any good video links?

I've mostly been sticking to pCARS recently, the new MP4-12C GT3 is beautiful to drive.

thuGG_pl

Not seen anything from this game which blows me away, anyone got any good video links?

I've mostly been sticking to pCARS recently, the new MP4-12C GT3 is beautiful to drive.

It's all about driving, very good FFB and car feeling. Try AC Tech Preview.

TJP

Yes! Assetto Corsa is nearly ready for pre-order. Price is extremely reasonable given the content. I can't wait!

Dear followers, finally the AC release is very close.

The Assetto Corsa's official site, www.assettocorsa.net is under maintenance: when it will come back online, all the information about the game, its contents and features, the hardware requirements and much more, will be finally available.

More importantly, the release of Assetto Corsa is imminent. Because of some issues (you can read about that here: https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/726358147390506), we have had to change some assets of our strategy, finding the solution that will make you happy and will let the development team complete its job as soon as possible, and at its best.

Assetto Corsa will be available on Steam Early Access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 Eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have decided to include the Spa-Francorchamps track and three additional GT cars (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3 and Lotus Evora GTC) in the main build of the game, to offer to you the best selection of cars and tracks that we are able to deliver, without any additional cost. We hope you appreciate it. Thanks to this addition, Assetto Corsa will include in total 35 cars, 16 vehicle classes, 11 circuits and 3 additional scenarios. Other extra contents will be added in 2014, in order to guarantee a long-life to this simulation.

The first build of Assetto Corsa includes the main structure of the game and 8 classes of cars for a total number of 11 vehicles, with the aim to guarantee just from the beginning the chance to enjoy the dynamic model of the game racing with different kind of vehicles.

As part of the early access program, an update with new cars, tracks and features will be available every two weeks, adding new contents and improving the existing ones. All the vehicles and tracks will be released in a level of completion close to the final one, with the aim to deliver, starting by the first version, an enjoyable and satisfying simulation, featuring cars and tracks reproduced at their best, with the exception of unknown minor bugs that will be fixed and polished in time for Assetto Corsa 1.0.

During the whole process, the AI, Multiplayer and damage model features will be progressively added in the scheduled time, in order to close in short time the final release, that will include the career mode and other exclusive contents.

Gentlemen, start your modems!

Business

Whoa finally... Yesterday when I saw their site on maintenance I thought that could be it. Yes! really looking forward to this.

bee

oh shit finally! insta buy of course, this actually reminds me that i've not tried this game on my new graphics cards, it was on the verge of being playable before in 3D surround, looking forward to getting home now :D

Niiiiiiice!! Let's do it, baby!

.... although not to be a Negative Nancy, but that content rollout seems rather peculiar to me. 11 cars to hotlap with on an undisclosed number of tracks... that's it? That's all that's actually done?

I'd be surprised, but somehow I'm not.

markao

Niiiiiiice!! Let's do it, baby!

.... although not to be a Negative Nancy, but that content rollout seems rather peculiar to me. 11 cars to hotlap with on an undisclosed number of tracks... that's it? That's all that's actually done?

I'd be surprised, but somehow I'm not.
Kunos going to Kunos, so no surprises here.

As someone who was going to buy it anyway, it just gives me the opportunity to try out a few cars, before everything is finished and I will take it. However I do hope it is finished enough, other wise you might end up in a rFactor2(beta)/RRE(no AI-MP) situation, as first impression is so important.

All my senses are telling me the wait for 1.0 with AI/MP/career/damage will be ridiculously protracted, let alone the mod tools. Now I just have to decide if I really want to pay 50 bucks to get behind something like that. Anything less than reports that hot lapping is sublime, and I may not.

markao

All my senses are telling me the wait for 1.0 with AI/MP/career/damage will be ridiculously protracted, let alone the mod tools. Now I just have to decide if I really want to pay 50 bucks to get behind something like that. Anything less than reports that hot lapping is sublime, and I may not.
Been trough that enough with previous releases :p

But knowing how I always ended up at least liking the driving model, that is enough for me to support them early on, in the hope that money might speed things up to 1.0 a little.

Three60

Confirmed cars that are in the first build:

Abarth 500, Z4 35is, Lotus Elise SC, Lotus Exige Scura, KTM X-Bow R, M3 E92, Ferrari 458 Italia..

_machine

Confirmed cars that are in the first build:

Abarth 500, Z4 35is, Lotus Elise SC, Lotus Exige Scura, KTM X-Bow R, M3 E92, Ferrari 458 Italia..
Definitely a great selection so far, but I do hope we'll get the 1M and possibly F40 for the early access as well.

Been trough that enough with previous releases :p

But knowing how I always ended up at least liking the driving model, that is enough for me to support them early on, in the hope that money might speed things up to 1.0 a little.

Chances are whatever they deliver initially (the driving model) will be great. I don't have to look any further than the tech demo to believe that. So any signs of me feigning not buying should be ignored :)

I hate this crap though. I really do.

Seanspeed

Banned
Could some peeps do some tests with a 360 controller when it comes out and report back? I'd really appreciate it. I don't have the money for the wheel setup I want(G27 most likely) nor have I figured out how I'm going to work it into the desk situation I have here, so I might be limited to a pad for a while. But I don't want to miss out on this, either. Really aching for a good, modern sim.

Shawsie64

Banned
Could some peeps do some tests with a 360 controller when it comes out and report back? I'd really appreciate it. I don't have the money for the wheel setup I want(G27 most likely) nor have I figured out how I'm going to work it into the desk situation I have here, so I might be limited to a pad for a while. But I don't want to miss out on this, either. Really aching for a good, modern sim.

Even though I have a T500, like you my desk space is limited so I have played the Alpha with my 360 pad and it handles great with it.

Xanadu

Banned

its not bad but atm theres no enough filtering, if you push the direction stick all the way one direction it will go on full lock, they have said they will work on it before release i believe

Cars included in the "beta" >

awesome variation i cant wait to tesat the e30 especially

Seanspeed

Banned
Even though I have a T500, like you my desk space is limited so I have played the Alpha with my 360 pad and it handles great with it.
Do you think its possible to be competitive with it?

Does it truly handle 'great' or is just passable?

Sorry to ask for such specifics, but I don't want to throw down full price for it and it not really work well. I've played several PC sims in the past that didn't work well with a controller.

Cars included in the "beta" >
God, those are just my types of cars, too. Hell yea.

its not bad but atm theres no enough filtering, if you push the direction stick all the way one direction it will go on full lock, they have said they will work on it before release i believe
Yea, that's a killer issue right there. 1:1 steering with a pad just doesn't work with a sim unless you've got god-like control.

Seanspeed

Banned
Can't you afford a temporary wheel?

If you are still in the UK CeX does them for £55.

edit: DFGT
That's the wheel I already had(before I moved). It honestly just isn't good enough for me. The pedals lacked resistance and thus feedback and that really hurt me. I know its fine for people who just enjoy the feeling of driving around, but I aim to be competitive.

Addnan

That's the wheel I already had(before I moved). It honestly just isn't good enough for me. The pedals lacked resistance and thus feedback and that really hurt me. I know its fine for people who just enjoy the feeling of driving around, but I aim to be competitive.

G27 £199 at PC World, but that is quite the investment. Have been putting it off for so long. Now might be the time to jump in for me.

Shaneus

Will do! Chances are, I'll not always be bothered to setup my wheel, so I'll be in a somewhat similar position for the most part.

Seanspeed

Banned
G27 £199 at PC World, but that is quite the investment. Have been putting it off for so long. Now might be the time to jump in for me.
That's a good price.

If I can help it, I'm trying to save up for a big upgrade 'package' late next year, early 2015.

- New graphics card
- Oculus Rift
- Logitech G27
- 1440p monitor

Will do! Chances are, I'll not always be bothered to setup my wheel, so I'll be in a somewhat similar position for the most part.
Cool cool.

Xanadu

Banned
That's a good price.

If I can help it, I'm trying to save up for a big upgrade 'package' late next year, early 2015.

- New graphics card
- Oculus Rift
- Logitech G27
- 1440p monitor

you havent been posting in the forza forum much have you lost interest? or are you just sick of me ;)

Top Bottom