• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asura's Wrath |OT|

MNC

Dear God the demo of this was all kinds of amazing, shame it was such strange gameplay. The music choice of Dvorak during the Augus battle was immensely good.

Dear God the demo of this was all kinds of amazing, shame it was such strange gameplay. The music choice of Dvorak during the Augus battle was immensely good.

if you go for this game for the "amazing" you probably won't be disapointed ..the game deliver on that aspect ...

However don't come looking for any kind of deep gameplay ... it's simple and it works and that's it ...
The music is also spot-on ...

MarkusRJR

I just bought this game after seeing the Giant Bomb quick look again yesterday. Please tell me the DLC is on the disc like every other Capcom game? I only have a 4gb model Xbox and I want to experience the entire game.

How long is the game? Looks very stylish.
I think it took me around 12/15 hours to do everything + DLC. Maybe longer?

I just bought this game after seeing the Giant Bomb quick look again yesterday. Please tell me the DLC is on the disc like every other Capcom game? I only have a 4gb model Xbox and I want to experience the entire game.
Think you have to download the whole thing. If I recall, it was just under 2 gb, but I'm going off memory.

How long is the game? Looks very stylish.
10 hours ..but you'll have to play more to platinium this game this is a solid 25+ hours game if you with to platinium it .. Dlc adds 4+3 hours of goodness ..
Nothing on disc ..the capcom on disc "meme"/urban legend is overrated .. Besides this more of a cyberconnect game than capcom game...

Articalys

Picked this game up during the Microsoft Store sale, been playing it bit by bit throughout the last week, and I just finished up the true ending DLC.

Outstanding. Tons of great moments all the way though, but the award clearly goes to
the entire final final boss fight against Chakravartin in creator form; pure awesome from start to finish

Outstanding. Tons of great moments all the way though, but the award clearly goes to
the entire final final boss fight against Chakravartin in creator form; pure awesome from start to finish

That fight visual design was amazing from start to finish ...

~Kinggi~

Banned
This game was the most insane epic shit i ever played. I might buy the dlc. I really dont want to. I hate dlc. Stupid shit they put a real ending as dlc. And i know this game isnt getting another disc release cause it sold shit. Fuck dlc.

But this game was crazy. Worth the 25$ i got it for.

This game was the most insane epic shit i ever played. I might buy the dlc. I really dont want to. I hate dlc. Stupid shit they put a real ending as dlc. And i know this game isnt getting another disc release cause it sold shit. Fuck dlc.

You liked the epic sh*t the game gave you , then you'll like the 4th chapter dlc ..the rest doesn't matter really

yeah this game is really insane and epic. sometimes when he's angry you feel angry too and you're just swept up and start mashing those buttons:p

this is the only game i have ever bought dlc for, currently playing episode 19 :)

~Kinggi~

Banned
It pisses me off everyone's bashing Japanese game development when they are putting out different stuff like this and it mega-bombs. Hell i'm not happy with their recent efforts too but the games that are different and good dont sell at all.

Capcpom deserves better for their efforts with this one.

I just finished this tonight with the extra dlc. This game was amazing. It's going to resonate with me for a long time. I dont know if you need to have an affinity for anime tho to appreciate this game. But if you do, I can not see how you can not like it if you check your gaming baggage at the door and just embrace it.

JoeFenix

I got this game today and just beat chapter 12... HOLY FUCK!

Other than the frame tearing which is admitedly pretty annoying, I really can't find anything that I dislike about this game.

I wouldn't want every game to follow this template but this game is just impossible to put down, so entertaining.

Bought all the DLC, this game is clearly a labor of love from CyberConnect2, the art design is fantastic and the animation really top notch. Happy with the 35$ I ended up paying for it including all DLC!

Muffdraul

I intended to ignore the "Lost Episodes" DLC where you meet
Ryu and Akuma,
but I couldn't resist.

Was surprised that the last one ended unresolved with To Be Continued, is more DLC coming?

I intended to ignore the "Lost Episodes" DLC where you meet
Ryu and Akuma,
but I couldn't resist.

Was surprised that the last one ended with To Be Continued and a cliffhanger, is more DLC coming?
thats just how the franchise is:

They left the door open if they need to go back to this world

Muffdraul

thats just how the franchise is:

They left the door open if they need to go back to this world

If you say so. I don't really see any benefit in leaving the last one open; if they ever wanted to do more, they have a stable of thousands of Capcom fighting game characters to harvest from. =P

wait you're talking about the lost episodes ?
I thought youwere talking about the Chapter 4 ending.

i won't comment about the lost chapters as i'ven't played them.

So, just installed this on 360 and I was wondering If I should dip on the DLCs: by giving a quick look at this thread it seems that the ending is DLC only?

Does Pack IV DLC include all the other Kanda?
If not, are they worth it?

I thought the DLC for Asura's Wrath was worth it.
The regular ending in the game is... okay? It isn't the ending you want, though. The last chapters in the DLC are pretty insane, so I think you could feel okay buying them.

Since you just installed the game, try playing through some of it first to make sure you're enjoying it enough to buy it. No sense in buying DLC to a game you will never finish. : P

I thought the DLC for Asura's Wrath was worth it.
The regular ending in the game is... okay? It isn't the ending you want, though. The last chapters in the DLC are pretty insane, so I think you could feel okay buying them.

Since you just installed the game, try playing through some of it first to make sure you're enjoying it enough to buy it. No sense in buying DLC to a game you will never finish. : P

Since I'm a completionist I bought everything because why not.
And because of that I also decided to play Naruto games just to understand how much different the gameplay is in past CyberConnect2 games.
Oh boy if Naruto:Ninja storm 2 doesn't show their pedigree.

Now I just have finished the first episode and I've to say It's a very interesting project: I really liked how they presented the game with intervals and endings coming from anime (it even has the bottom right "tsuzuku" mark).

CyberConnect2 might have become my favourite jap developer :3

I'm playing this game now, and I wanna love it. There is a good game in this, but I get annoyed by simple things... Its very repetitive. And the next episode crap is annoying. Do we have to see credits every fucking time?

Ah, think I might platinum this one with my bro. Getting S rank in both difficulties now... Why hasn't the DLC gone down in price?! 8 euros for Part 4. :(

darkvir

Just finished PartIII, now grabbing the DLC PartIV. It was very very enjoyable, I like the epic scale that this game has. The art style is nice and the music great too!

Now just waiting for the ~2 gig chapter.

Ryu and Akuma... worth it? Are they just battles or have some story bits?

Miburou

Just finished PartIII, now grabbing the DLC PartIV. It was very very enjoyable, I like the epic scale that this game has. The art style is nice and the music great too!

Now just waiting for the ~2 gig chapter.

Ryu and Akuma... worth it? Are they just battles or have some story bits?

I bought all the DLC. The Akuma and Ryu part were better than the FMV DLC, but they don't have much in the way of story. The two fights were pretty entertaining to me, and in some instances crazier than anything else in the game (if that is possible). They're very replayable, too, with a lot of extra challenges (like finish the fight under this amount of time, or land x number of special attacks, etc.). To me it was worth the price of admission.

darkvir

I bought all the DLC. The Akuma and Ryu part were better than the FMV DLC, but they don't have much in the way of story. The two fights were pretty entertaining to me, and in some instances crazier than anything else in the game (if that is possible). They're very replayable, too, with a lot of extra challenges (like finish the fight under this amount of time, or land x number of special attacks, etc.). To me it was worth the price of admission.

Sounds goods, thanks! I just finished the DLC chapter, it was super fun as well. The final battle was great~!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Picked this up for my bro who loves epic anime shiz (we used to watch DBZ and play the old Naruto GC games together) and couldn't help popping it in for a quick look...

Up to chapter 7 and by gum if it isn't some of the most fun I've had with a game this year! I mean, I love me some deep, rich, tactical combat in "proper" action games, but for what it's trying to achieve, Asura's Wrath is just too good.

It's the presentation that really sells it, I think. If there wasn't that episodic build up to each encounter, then it wouldn't feel half as satisfying when you land that 'Excellent' button press and send a gigantic enemy hurtling across the screen. Also, I'm playing in Japanese which really lends it some extra authenticity (highly recommended if you have the option).

To go along with the top-notch presentation, some of the music is really nice, especially during the slideshow painting story sequences.

Asura is great fun to play as. You can really get into the over-the-top nature of it all and just enjoy flying through an interactive power anime. It's not a power fantasy though. At no point do I feel like I AM the character, but both he and his situation are likeable (despite being totally unrelatable), which is interesting considering how much of the game you 'watch' rather than 'play'.

The fighting is pretty brainless, but it flows great - I like being able to quickly dodge-cancel out of almost anything, and hit a QTE 'counter' even during a combo. I've only gotten frustrated once when the flow was broken; while fighting
Yasha
and following up with R2 BURST immediately after a ground attack (sending the enemy flying) led to me completely missing twice (shame on me) and dying as a result.

I'm playing comfortably on Hard mode, not quite sure what the differences/rewards are yet. Nevertheless, this feels like a game I will happily play/sit through again (most likely with aforementioned bro) and maybe even grab the DLC. I can see how it won't be for everyone, but it certainly deserves a look if you can cast prejudice and expectations aside.

Kajiba

Just beat this game in one sitting and played for 7-8 hours straight. This game is amazing. Enjoyed everything from the music to how over the top the game is. Plus the boss battles, my god the boss battles.

Love this game.

Ezio

Got this coming in the mail. I was going to (stupidly) get it from EBGames used for $30 but then I found it on newegg for $16 so for that price I should be extremely pleased (I hope).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just finished the game tonight (up to 22).

Wow. What a game. Absolutely loved it from start to end. Chapter 12 had me choking back some manly tears. T_T (that vocalized main theme is so awesome)

Great fucking game. On paper, the concept is utter failure, but the execution is really where the game shines.

Also, for those trying to avoid the Part IV DLC, just buy it. It adds so much to the game. It's a shame it's DLC, but it's SO worth it.

Haunted

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this silly game. It's really much closer to a season of an anime series as I initially thought complete with stylised still shots, ad bumpers, recaps, previews, repeated credits and everything.

Although I can't unhear War and Travis Touchdown. :lol

edit: also took me 16 episodes to realise that the mash prompt actually wants a rhythmic tap and not mashing.

Feindflug

Got the game yesterday for 20e and after reading the last pages here I must say that I'm pretty excited to play this tonight...sounds like a fun ride.

I'll probably also get the DLC's as well. :p

Cronox

Banned
Got through the last non-dlc episode, episode 18, but now it's teasing me with the "true ending" bit. Thing is, it says to unlock it I need 5 S ranks or 50 episode plays. Well, I have 6 S ranks. Do they all need to be within the "Part 3: Karma" episodes? Cause otherwise I think my game is glitched.

Edit: weird, just unlocked it with another S rank.

Had 1 in part 1, 2 in part 2, now 4 in part 3. Very strange.

RPGCrazied

Finally got it today, wanted to play it since the demo, but no way at full price. I'm enjoying it, but holy hell at dat screen tearing on the PS3 version. Is every UE engine game on the PS3 always have it? Seems so. Got it for $17, so no problem really.

LiK

I just played the demo to this this morning... Its being delivered tomorrow from Amazon. I can't wait. :D

Buy Nirvana DLC now. Thank me later.

Finally got it today, wanted to play it since the demo, but no way at full price. I'm enjoying it, but holy hell at dat screen tearing on the PS3 version. Is every UE engine game on the PS3 always have it? Seems so. Got it for $17, so no problem really.

360 one is better. Saw little to no tearing and loads way faster esp after install.

Dead

well not really...yet
IM probably gonna rebuy the game on 360 (means ill have to rebuy the dlc too...) the screen tearing on the PS3 version really is abominable.

RPGCrazied

Buy Nirvana DLC now. Thank me later.

360 one is better. Saw little to no tearing and loads way faster esp after install.

Isn't that the usual? UE is better optimized on the 360 or something. It doesn't do it all the time, and seems mostly with a lot of action or close up in cutscenes. I haven't seen it in gameplay moments, when you are fighting. I only have a PS3, so its either this or nothing. No PC version I see. :/

Top Bottom