• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asura's Wrath |OT|

Ill Saint

The movies you unlock are basically the interludes with the different pieces of art and such. I'd have to check but I'm 99% sure you can't watch the episodes excluding the gameplay of it. I'll make sure when I get home tonight if no one else vouches for it.

Yeah, I just checked. Only the illustrated interludes.

So I'm going to bite the bullet and pick up this game after work. How does the DLC work? Should I download Ch. 11.5 before I start playing and it'll seamlessly fit into the game? Or is it special content accessed outside of the main/story mode?

Also how difficult is the game? I just want to experience it and don't want to have worry about cheap restarts because I screw up a QTE. Is normal pretty fair or should just switch to easy right off the bat?

Ohwiseone

Bombcast was talking this game up, So I rented it.

Two Chapters in.. So. FUCKING. AWESOME, can't wait to play more apperently it gets just crazier.

QTEs don't fail you, the only place to get failure states is in the actual game combat bits

QTEs don't fail you, but some scenes are cut short if you mess them up. It won't affect the story or anything, you'll just miss a small portion of the sequence.

It's not too difficult a game. You'll unlock the "defender" gauge fairly early on and if you equip that, it increases your defence to make it easier.

AkuMifune

Banned
Oh hey. This game is pretty effing rad.

I know most of it is smoke and mirrors, but it's fun as hell and crazy as shit. Just finished Chapter 10 and can't wait to see where it goes.

I loved the approach, but I am not a fan of this episode's art style. It was all over the place, I could almost not make it sense of it.

Actually, I have a question about this. Is Asura's back supposed to have those weird stumps on it? I thought it was part of the weird art style for most of the video.

If you're not getting Episode 11.5, I streamed it (I did not include the little interlude after it though, and I messed up on one input :( )

Link

erm how much did you pay for this?

Anyway, this on its way to me via love film, needed something to blast through over easter weekend. Lets if i can get any joy out it.

Volcynika

Won't be home from work until this evening, but as long as 15.5 is up with the update, I'll be streaming that as well. I'll post the archive after I do.

robot

Finished this last night. My jaw is still at home, on the floor. Absolutely loved the game, the characters, universe, ending,
extra ending
, just everything.

Episode 13 was one of the big highlights for me,
I thought Yasha was such a badass, and all of the sudden it was like "YOU ARE NOW YASHA"
, my head basically exploded and was grinning until the very end. That episode was so intense.

Can't wait for the next batch of DLC.

Volcynika

I don't think the rest of the DLC was dated yet (I forget if they mentioned it), but unless something comes up, I'll do the same for those! (Though of course the extended ending things will be a bit longer).

The music in this game is pretty great. Question is it just the PS3 version that has some slowdown and other technical issues or is that true for the xbox?

LiK

I'm close to picking this up but which ver is better? Comparison articles are nonexistent. Only read comments where they said 360 has less screentearing and that's it.

I'm close to picking this up but which ver is better? Comparison articles are nonexistent. Only read comments where they said 360 has less screentearing and that's it.

Well from what I can tell the PS3 version has a lot of screen tearing. Which is a shame because the cinematic visuals are what makes this game. You really want as great image quality as possible. I got the PS3 version because of my set up and well the technical issues are noticeable, it hasn't ruined the game.

Other then that, I'm really enjoying the game. Somehow it works. The gameplay parts are simple, but they are in a way fast and fun, I do wish there was more of them. The anime tv show presentation is great and really makes you want to keep going. When the to be continued pops up, its usually on a cliffhanger and it's funny, you want to see whats next so bad. The story is engrossing and well defined. It's a well presented tale that's engrossing. You do want to know where its going because they present everyone enough that you get there gist, but you're not exactly sure how their role will play out.

And well the art design is just awesome. it's truly why I enjoy Japanese games. So cool to just look at. And some of the scenes are just fun to behold.

So far I'm digging it.

LiK

Well from what I can tell the PS3 version has a lot of screen tearing. Which is a shame because the cinematic visuals are what makes this game. You really want as great image quality as possible. I got the PS3 version because of my set up and well the technical issues are noticeable, it hasn't ruined the game.

Other then that, I'm really enjoying the game. Somehow it works. The gameplay parts are simple, but they are in a way fast and fun, I do wish there was more of them. The anime tv show presentation is great and really makes you want to keep going. When the to be continued pops up, its usually on a cliffhanger and it's funny, you want to see whats next so bad. The story is engrossing and well defined. It's a well presented tale that's engrossing. You do want to know where its going because they present everyone enough that you get there gist, but you're not exactly sure how their role will play out.

And well the art design is just awesome. it's truly why I enjoy Japanese games. So cool to just look at. And some of the scenes are just fun to behold.

So far I'm digging it.
ah ok. guess i'll decide based on controller preference. thanks for the impressions.

Holy shit at the Third Part.

The part where you switch to Yasha was pretty great. A really visually exciting part. The entire thing just made me smiled. But in general I do like how the 7 deities have been depicted up into now. Not all of them seem straight up evil, just corrupted by war and how long they have had to deal with it. I really like Yasha's character. There is nothing unique about him, but he just seems like a noble dude, maybe thats what the game wants you to think. But he is a nice counter to Asura and I think using him is sign of decent plotting. Other then that I was somewhat shocked they killed the girl. You know in general I do like how Asura has been done. Yeah he is very angry, but he does not strike me as a douchbag like another certain angry main video game character. He still has his own morals and views and he's not just killing everything

In general the story is surprising me. I assumed it would just be a very over the top corny story in those first trailers with the guitar music and everything. It's been surprisingly well done and dare I say mature. It dosent feel dumb or overbearing with anything. Dare I say it has some subtly. Characters dont exactly spout their character type, you get it from their actions. That honestly is an improvement over a lot of recent Japanese games I've played. I dont want to say and of the characters or story is extrmley deep, but you know it dosent treat me like an idiot and expects me to pick up whats going on.

Asura's Wrath is really good.

Arucardo

Finished this today on PS3, really enjoyed it. Basically the one thing that makes me want to slap one or two of the dev's is the MASSIVE screen tearing and fps drops, some of the QT stuff runs waaaaay below 30fps, probably dropping down to 10fps at some points. I wonder if the 360 version is as bad when it comes to the framerate.

Wish they'd have released this on PC so I could've enjoyed it at 120fps with no tearing.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to ask (kinda spoilery I guess)
; is there more story stuff to see after the "true" ending? Do you unlock anything when you get 100% completion?

Oh yeah, almost forgot to ask (kinda spoilery I guess)
; is there more story stuff to see after the "true" ending? Do you unlock anything when you get 100% completion?

There is an "act 4" DLC thing coming in May. You unlock it when you spend about $6.

as expected i picked this up at half price .. the présentation is just awesome perfect

i just finished part 2 and really it's a game i won't ressell .

Everything about this game is so unique, but the presentation is really above everything else ..

It's lacking a little in the gameplay department but it is really pur adrenaline fun .
Cyberconnect really know their stuff in anime..this feel like an hommage to anime by anime fans.

Going to Part 3 soon

The music is fantastic ..i'm gonna need that

LiK

Finished it last night. Epic and fun.

Btw, I noticed that if you choose English language, the opening music during space combat doesn't have singing. It's an awesome track with a beautiful voice so i recommend replaying in JPN if you didn't. Not sure if there's a difference for other Episodes.

finished it yesterday ( true end ).

it's really a well done game that scream for more

i'd argue that the normal end is better than the true end ( without dlcs ) it felt like i was DENIED my happy end..

Tizoc

Finished it last night. Epic and fun.

Btw, I noticed that if you choose English language, the opening music during space combat doesn't have singing. It's an awesome track with a beautiful voice so i recommend replaying in JPN if you didn't. Not sure if there's a difference for other Episodes.

So what'd you think of the ending, LiK ;3

Got a used copy of the game yesterday for $25, gonna wait for the DLC to go on sale and then play it. Until then, Backlog @3@

I see a lot of people are enjoying the game, which is rather nice to see =)
Has anyone tried the vs. Ryu DLC? How is it?

the ryu dlc is for later , isn't it ?

Finally, May will see two Street Fighter crossover episodes as the last DLC episodes for the game. The first crossover episode will allow players to take on Ryu as Asura in “Lost Episode 1: At Last, Someone Angrier Than Me.” It will release on May 8th and cost $1.99 on PSN or 160 Microsoft Points. The second crossover episode will allow players to take on Akuma as Asura in “Lost Episode 2: The Strongest vs. The Angriest.” The episode will release on May 15th and cost $1.99 on PSN or 160 Microsoft Points.

Chapter 4 is for the 24th of this month , ryu & akuma for may

hey guys, I want to play this game badly after hearing so many good impressions here and on podcasts, does any one know where can I score a cheap copy of this game (I am in Canada) I don't mind it to be used.

Volcynika

Getting excited for the DLC coming out this week (as long as it hits the US this week).

I'll be doing the same as before, streaming it then posting an archive here.

Volcynika

US PSN has the new DLC up. Will be streaming either today or tomorrow depending on how things go.

Asura’s Wrath – Additional Episode Pack: Part IV ($6.99)
Asura’s Wrath comes to its epic four episode conclusion in “Part IV: Nirvana”!
File size 1.75 GB

suracity

US PSN has the new DLC up. Will be streaming either today or tomorrow depending on how things go.

Asura’s Wrath – Additional Episode Pack: Part IV ($6.99)
Asura’s Wrath comes to its epic four episode conclusion in “Part IV: Nirvana”!
File size 1.75 GB

Just beat the DLC... It is just beautiful.
If you like the game you will like the DLC.

Torraz

Absolutely loved the new four episodes.

19 = great
20 = weakest of the bunch but still quite good
21 = fantastic
22 = words fail me how beautiful

My only complaint is that
There was no use of "Asura's Theme" in either of these four episodes, there were some spots during the final boss fight that it would made things a little more epic...
. Oh and the slide show after the final episode was also hilarious
Really liked how they reinvisaged all the characters into " moden day times", except for Olga who kinda looks different. And wtf @ "to be continued"?

Ill Saint

Last chapter DLC was incredible. So, so epic. Brilliant value, and a wonderfully fitting and satisfying conclusion to this gem of a game.

Top Bottom