• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari announces Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for the XBOX 360/PS3 (PR)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
PRESS RELEASE: Atari Announces the Next Generation Chapter for Dragon Ball Z(R) Video Game Series
Press release supplied by Games Press 14:00 (GMT) 16/01/2008

NEW YORK, Jan. 16 -- Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR) one of the world's most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher and distributor, today announced that Dragon Ball Z ® : Burst Limit is in development for Xbox 360 ® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION ® 3 computer entertainment system. Exploding into the next level of intensity with next-gen graphics, online gameplay and lightening fast action, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit is being developed by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. and is slated for a 2008 release.

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit is revolutionizing the series by entering the realm of next-generation gaming. Complete with fierce online battles and radical 3D graphic effects only possible on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit will blur the line between video game and iconic anime series. Jam-packed with graphically enhanced playable characters, realistic battle stages and environments, players can take hold and experience Dragon Ball Z ® as never before.

"Atari is excited and ready to offer fans the next iteration of the Dragon Ball Z video game series on the next-gen consoles," said Donny Clay, Producer, Atari, Inc. "With explosive cinematic graphics and online gameplay, fans of the series and of the fighting genre will surely enjoy Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit."

The immensely popular Dragon Ball Z ® series is the gold standard of anime-based video games, with more than 30 different games and over 11 million units sold since May 2002.

For more information on Dragon Ball Z ® video games, please visit http://www.atari.com/dragonballz.

Almost 15 years of Dragon Ball Z is not enough ?
They need money i guess.
I know that i repaet myself but they could at least make a descent Dragon Ball Adventure game so we can have something different.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Chû Totoro said:
Almost 15 years of Dragon Ball Z is not enough ?
They need money i guess.
I know that i repaet myself but they could at least make a descent Dragon Ball Adventure game so we can have something different.

Dragon Ball Z is probably what has been keeping Atari alive for years now.

f3niks

Man, I am so done with DBZ. I can understand that it's an immensely popular IP and it's been going strong for 15 years but surely they could have done this for another IP or actually bothered to create something new.

LRB1983

Banned
Three new images:
8g5jzus.jpg

7y4lxmr.jpg

6ym25pd.jpg

f3niks

Linkzg said:
this game looks so awesome.

however, please Atari...please include the original music as well as the generic crap you put in.

Oddly enough, it's little things like this that make the game playable for most fans of a particular series. I really loved it when this was done on the Naruto Rise of Ninja game.

LaneDS

I'm not even a DBZ fan, but that video looked great. Really impressive anime to game conversions on this generation of consoles.

clo1_2000

Banned
Well, it the same old story, but these things look as good as the HD release of the anime. I like the story and characters; so day one for me.

f3niks said:
Oddly enough, it's little things like this that make the game playable for most fans of a particular series. I really loved it when this was done on the Naruto Rise of Ninja game.

yeah, I mean previous DBZ games have the option for Japanese voices but none for music.

Kintaro said:
Blame FUNimation.

so do they just not want the original music in the games or is it a size limitation for older games.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Fuck yeah, Budokai 4 bitches!

Damn, the old scans looked good, but these images look terrific!

DAY ONE.

!!!!! Power Struggles !!!!!

Edit: ^Not an action, but you know, power struggles in budokai 3 were very nice. :lol

Black_Ice said:
Fuck yeah, Budokai 4 bitches!

I'm with ya on this one. The Tenkaichi series was alright, but always preferred the old Budokai games. (Budokai 3 easily being my favorite)

Extremely excited for this one! Love me some DBZ!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Endow said:
People really are graphic wh*res. We got like 6 images in total like that means anything.

I hope you are not shocked or anything, they will drool over anything, even god damned DBZ.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Endow said:
People really are graphic wh*res. We got like 6 images in total like that means anything.

Lol
ignorance
:lol

Anyways, scans usually contain more than one screen, and we got two of those. Three new pics and a Non-HD trailer showing gameplay that looked very good. Someone reported (from Jump Festa) that it looks A LOT better in the HD trailer.

I'm amped about the return to Budokai 3 style.

ZeroTolerance

Endow said:

You should watch the video as well. Even though is a shitty youtube version, it still look pretty good.

apotema

Linkzg said:
yeah, I mean previous DBZ games have the option for Japanese voices but none for music.

so do they just not want the original music in the games or is it a size limitation for older games.

It is a stupid licensing matter... NO original music, NO buy

eve241

ZeroTolerance said:
You should watch the video as well. Even though is a shitty youtube version, it still look pretty good.

I've already seen it some time ago.I forgot to mention it in my previous post but my claim still stands.In the end it's just graphics. Doesn't provide much more info than the pics do. I can see that the camera is like previous Budokai games but not much else.

LRB1983

Banned
Dragon Ball Games are not Atari games. They only publish them. Dragon Ball Games usually are made by Bandai (devoloped by Dimps , Spike, Banpresto or Crafts & Meister).
Atari has made some Dragon Ball Games (developed by Webfoot Technologies Inc, Avalanche Software), worst games ever. Dragon Ball Z Sagas, Dragon Ball Taiketsu, Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku, II, Buu's Fury, Transformation.

apotema said:
It is a stupid licensing matter... NO original music, NO buy

they should just put english text in the japanese version then, ill just pick that up then.

or actually I can just use Custom Soundtracks, but im gonna buy it for my PS3 so that isnt an option yet.

Snaku

Banned
Holy shit, those new screens are gorgeous. Half the reason why I jumped ship to the PS3 was because of its region free gaming. Now I can import this and not have to worry about Atari gutting all the Japanese music, voices, etc. And I love Hironobu Kageyama's new theme song for the game. Cannot wait to hear the whole thing in the intro movie (which will be cut in the Atari localization).

Edit: Noticed that the character portraits change expressions during the fight. Little things like that make me happy.

GottiDC

Banned
its hot and all but why don they all ways have to use the first few sagas, of dbz. freeza, and cell, only. why cant we get buu, and gt

Top Bottom