• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus is working hard on the next Persona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superflat

With Persona 4 Arena going on ps3 and 360, wouldn't it be logical to release P5 on both platforms too? Or is it off the table because it was Arc that made it possible with P4Arena?

What if....

PERSONA 5 WAS THE 3DS GAME!?!?!??

Atlus and Nintendo seem to be quite close lately. :p

Then I win my bet with Dantis and it will be full on glory to behold the shame of Dantis!

I am curious btw, how many of these have you guys played? Persona, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 4 Arena.

Korigama

With Persona 4 Arena going on ps3 and 360, wouldn't it be logical to release P5 on both platforms too? Or is it off the table because it was Arc that made it possible with P4Arena?
P4A being multiplatform (and region-locked on PS3) was Index's decision, not Arc's.

Soriku

Catherine was multiplat too so I think multiplat is possible. PS3 at least is guaranteed.

Anyway, show it to me Atlus. Modeling all those HD demons must be taking a while.

can't wait for HD Mara

3d Mara will be even more....Mara

1896309-1316397995839.png

Superflat

No connections at all to past games, not even references, I want the game to be completely different, not another P3 rehash.

There was a lot of talk/pipe dreams about following a cast of mainly adult characters, and that got me super excited, ESPECIALLY after playing Catherine.

I wouldn't want references to the past Persona games either unless they were really esoteric. I want it to be as stand-alone as possible.

Nah, Persona's a Sony franchise until Sony goes dead. Even though I'd love to see how one of the games would do on a Nintendo platform.

Nothing is guaranteed with Atlus. They hold no loyalty to a platform manufacturer.

Example: Shin Megami Tensei went from Nintendo to Sony to Nintendo again. Devil Summoner went from Sega to Sony to Nintendo.

serplux

Nothing is guaranteed with Atlus. They hold no loyalty to a platform manufacturer.

Example: Shin Megami Tensei went from Nintendo to Sony to Nintendo again. Devil Summoner went from Sega to Sony to Nintendo.

Personally, I'm still waiting for Final Fantasy to return to Nintendo. But that ain't happening, and I think Atlus is content with doing Persona for Sony and...everything else for Nintendo. And didn't every JRPG go to Sony during the PS2 era, lol?

There was a lot of talk about following a cast of mainly adult characters, and that got me super excited, ESPECIALLY after playing Catherine.

I wouldn't want references to the past Persona games either unless they were really esoteric. I want it to be as stand-alone as possible.

If Persona 4 Arena didnt hint at that whole connection with
Malevolent Entity being almost 100% who everyone thinks he is,
I would not mind it, but as it stands, I really do need to see it through now. I have been
dealing with that guy for 5 games now!

Adult cast you say?

persona2ep.jpg

I usually sell all my old consoles, but since I don't know what console this game is going to be on I have to hold onto them.

This is the only game i'm really excited for these days. They can take as long as they want, make it right.

Personally, I'm still waiting for Final Fantasy to return to Nintendo. But that ain't happening, and I think Atlus is content with doing Persona for Sony and...everything else for Nintendo.

Well, one good thing about 3DS development is, in general, it requires fewer assets and a smaller budget (3DS = Wii level of budget) than a PS3 / Vita cross-platform title. That may be an attractive proposition for Atlus.

This gen, Atlus has been all about the handheld (Etrian Odyssey / Trauma Center / SMT DS sequels)...I don't see why they couldn't continue that trend.

It all depends on whether Atlus wants to go for Japan's most successful console at the moment, or a cross-platform release with a console they've already put some form of Persona onto.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

There's probably a bigger chance that P5 will come out on the Vita than the 3DS. Much like a new SMT title coming to 3DS than the Vita. This situation is sort of like KH (spin-offs on Nintendo, main-line and adding in a few spin-offs on Sony).

Seriously, the "Persona" appearing on the Nintendo conference means nothing. See "Shin Megami Tensei" for PS3.

Raonak

Banned
Can't wait. First persona game is P4G. sooo fucking good.
the social sim features were unexpectedly awesome.

FluxWaveZ

That line-up looks terrific. P4G was my first Persona but I'd love a P2G remake with the same production values as P4G.

Given the fact that North America didn't even get the PSP remake, that will never happen ever. It's still pretty good, though, and I recommend it if good story and characters are enough to push you through some frustrating gameplay.

sense

Well, one good thing about 3DS development is, in general, it requires fewer assets and a smaller budget (3DS = Wii level of budget) than a PS3 / Vita cross-platform title. That may be an attractive proposition for Atlus.

This gen, Atlus has been all about the handheld (Etrian Odyssey / Trauma Center / SMT DS sequels)...I don't see why they couldn't continue that trend.

It all depends on whether Atlus wants to go for Japan's most successful console at the moment, or a cross-platform release with a console they've already put some form of Persona onto.

every persona game is on playstation. after all these rereleases on ps3 and vita they are not going to turn around and release for 3ds lol. even the atlus crossover title with fire emblem had characters from the smt series and not persona who are more popular.

please for the love of god show something atlus even if it is coming next year. i want to see what they are cooking!!!

^Hashino has said that they intend to change the series up almost as much as P2 to P3 transition was. That game came out like 8 years after P2.

I cannot relate and I feel youth is important. I know I'm the extreme minority at least here, so sorry.

I do not share your opinion at all, but that is indeed a valid reason, I see your reasoning.

graywolf323

If Persona 4 Arena didnt hint at that whole connection with
Malevolent Entity being almost 100% who everyone thinks he is,
I would not mind it, but as it stands, I really do need to see it through now. I have been
dealing with that guy for 5 games now!

Adult cast you say?

persona2ep.jpg

it's really sad we'll never get the PSP version :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom