• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus teasing new Etrian Odyssey announcement this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At this point, I'm wondering if it's going to be released on 3DS like IV.

spiritfox

Komori was the scenario writer for 1, and directed 2 and 3. He had no involvement in the latest game because he was busy with other projects.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Mmmmmh. Wii U, so.

he said: WUT, not WIIUT, so...

;p

wasn't there a very old rumor speaking about a EO studied (nut not realized) for the Wii?
Btw, It'l be a collection of EO1, 2 and 3 for 3DS (suck as for Inazuma Eleven :p)

duckroll

Komori was the scenario writer for 1, and directed 2 and 3. He had no involvement in the latest game because he was busy with other projects.

He directed EO2 too eh? So I guess this could be something they were working on or experimenting with after EO3, since he didn't direct EO4.

wrowa

It wouldn't entirely surprise me to see a EO spin-off or remake on Vita (or PS3 if Atlus got over its home console angst). The EO series is doing pretty great at it is, but it can't hurt to try to appeal to another crowd.

In any case, Komori's tweets sound very interesting. I hope it's not just baseless hyperbole for minimal changes -- I would love to see an EO that follows a different path for a change.

Would be kinda funny if Atlus made a 7th Dragon rip off.

duckroll

Would be kinda funny if Atlus made a 7th Dragon rip off.

I think that would be interesting too. If they can make a sort of RPG title out of the EO aesthetic and design it could be pretty cool. Just as long as it doesn't completely replace the EO formula for fans who prefer pure dungeon crawler.

They've introduced a lot of ideas in the last few entries, and playing EO4 now definitely feels totally different from playing EO1 years ago. I'm certainly interested in seeing what Atlus has under their sleeves this time.

mclem

It's been a while since the last "NEW GAME IN X SERIES COMING OUT" -> Pachislot announcement, hasn't it? We're about due...

duckroll

The only EO anime I ever want would be a series of short 5min SD gag episodes similar to the 4koma stuff they include with the booklets in each game. Or something in the vein of "Adventures of Fight and Heal".

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's pretty interesting this is from Shigeo Komori when Daisuke Kanada directed EOIV. I'm curious to find out why he wasn't directing IV.

duckroll

It's pretty interesting this is from Shigeo Komori when Daisuke Kanada directed EOIV. I'm curious to find out why he wasn't directing IV.

He felt sorry for Kanada after the Trauma series got shitcanned because no one wants it, so he let him have his job for one game.

I'm sorry Aeana! Don't hit me! Noooooo!

Caelestis

I still haven't even opened the 4th to be excited for the next one. It will really have to be something different or be on a console for me to get it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Keep in mind that I said "wut" and not "WAT."
I think there's a difference there.

Hopefully the leak will be early this week like it was last week.

So, a 3DS title, but that won't be EOV? Finally another fighting game for 3DS! XD

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
He felt sorry for Kanada after the Trauma series got shitcanned because no one wants it, so he let him have his job for one game.

I'm sorry Aeana! Don't hit me! Noooooo!

Oh you.

I just remembered, Komori was involved in that Nora game with the Atelier designer/writer... do you think this might be another game with him?

vareon

Aeana should design a comparison chart between "wut", "wat", "WUT", and "WAT". So people don't get confused!

I'm taking a liberty here:

wat: Etrian Odyssey 5
wut: Etrian Odyssey U
WAT: Etrian Odyssey Shinovi Versus for Vita
WUT: Etrian Odyssey Idol

tuffy

Drawing the map is a central mechanic to the series. So if the announcement is more exotic than a new 3DS game, a Wii U version is the next most logical choice. Some sort of Monster Hunter-style 3DS/Wii U dual release might even make sense, assuming there's enough resources to pull it off.

duckroll

moe moe idol

Can't wait.

ERbHfnW.jpg

mclem

Hey, maybe it's Apothecary Center, a Trauma Centre x Etrian Odyssey title.

Operate on someone with literal butterflies in their stomach. Even in the trachea, F.O.E.

duckroll

Hey, maybe it's Apothecary Center, a Trauma Centre x Etrian Odyssey title.

Operate on someone with literal butterflies in their stomach. Even in the trachea, F.O.E.

That's probably the only way anyone will ever get another Trauma game again. Even then I bet no one will buy it!

mclem

The only EO anime I ever want would be a series of short 5min SD gag episodes similar to the 4koma stuff they include with the booklets in each game. Or something in the vein of "Adventures of Fight and Heal".

Have Japanese fans cottoned on to the Fight and Heal thing or is it just golddust for Western PR?

Drawing the map is a central mechanic to the series. So if the announcement is more exotic than a new 3DS game, a Wii U version is the next most logical choice. Some sort of Monster Hunter-style 3DS/Wii U dual release might even make sense, assuming there's enough resources to pull it off.
Yeah, if they want to port it to a console with 1 screen the only way I could think of is make it automap!

Fisico

I'm taking a liberty here:

wat: Etrian Odyssey 5
wut: Etrian Odyssey U
WAT: Etrian Odyssey Shinovi Versus for Vita
WUT: Etrian Odyssey Idol

I'm going for the WUT.
It looks more like some sort of spin off than a 5th episode the way they're talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom