• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus teasing new Etrian Odyssey announcement this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you played any of the previous ones at all?

No...

To be honest, before 3DS/last year my gaming experience was broadly limited to Mario Kart 64, Pikmin 1, Carmen Sandiego, Rayman 1, Kirby's Air Ride, Meelee, Pokemon, Stranded Kids, Star Fox Adventures, Beyond Good & Evil, the Impression's city builders, and Animal Crossing: Wide World. I've been experimenting with series that interest me though since I got my 3DS, but I'm so slow at gaming.

faridmon

Maybe EO I - III compilations...
That goes well with that ''wut'' tease, because who the fuck is gonna play 500+ hours of EO...

duckroll

A compilation doesn't really fit with what Komori said. He's the director of the project, and he says it is a new direction for the EO series, and something they have been experimenting with for a while. He also says it is something both fans of the franchise and those who weren't fans of the franchise before might be interested in.

a little something for Vita would be appreciated
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51409296&postcount=38

I'm pretty sure it's a Vita game, picking Vita over the 3DS, especially for a EO game is definitely a "wut" situation.

Console EO would be great, so I don't think people would go "wut", and Mobile spin-offs are definitely not unexpected at this point.

I guess it could be a 3DS game too, maybe a different take on the EO series, with bigger production value and etc.

I'm hoping for a lush, console EO game. Mapping would so obviously work well with the Wii U. Half the other Wii U games have you holding a map for no reason. Why not have a game where the map actually matters!?

Also, beautiful EO music coming from a home stereo system. Yes please.

Totakeke

Maybe instead you going to explore the dungeon, you're the guy running the town and sending explorers to their deaths.

But that wouldn't make me go wat, that would be awesome! So we can scratch that out.

A compilation doesn't really fit with what Komori said. He's the director of the project, and he says it is a new direction for the EO series, and something they have been experimenting with for a while. He also says it is something both fans of the franchise and those who weren't fans of the franchise before might be interested in.

EO the FPS.

Play in the crumbling apocalyptic ruins
that serve as the backstory for the first game

I'm pretty sure it's a Vita game, picking Vita over the 3DS, especially for a EO game is definitely a "wut" situation.

Console EO would be great, so I don't think people would go "wut", and Mobile spin-offs are definitely not unexpected at this point.

I guess it could be a 3DS game too, maybe a different take on the EO series, with bigger production value and etc.

Why Vita since the audience is on 3DS and Vita is... you know.

Wii U at least makes sense with the screen and the 3DS audience I imagine is interested in Wii U as well, if you know what I mean.

And of course simply a new direction but on 3DS makes sense as that's where the fanbase already is.

Plus Atlus is heavily supporting 3DS, a Vita release would risk alienating the fanbase, I mean they also have Megaten 4 and DS2:BR coming.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Plus Atlus is heavily supporting 3DS, a Vita release would risk alienating the fanbase, I mean they also have Megaten 4 and DS2:BR coming.

You do know that Persona 4 Golden pretty much outsold their 3DS titles.

This probably sound dumb
even I think it dumb too
,but why do you guys keep saying wut just because Aeana said so? All I see in the tweets is that they're experiment something new for EO.

This probably sound dumb
even I think it dumb too
,but why do you guys keep saying wut just because Aeana said so? All I see in the tweets is that they're experiment something new for EO.

Aeana is an insider/has inside info usually, though I thought she only was for SE games.

Hmm I'm not sure why Atlus would want to split EO to PSV when it's always been on Nintendo handhelds and it's getting good results there.

Hmm ok maybe i could see EO1-3 collection for PSV to capitalise on that dungeon crawling userbase.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
That's like comparing Final Fantasy to I don't know, Crystal Chronicles?

Well, we know one of those series is shit!

Besides, if EO goes to other platforms (which I kinda doubt, but if it does, well good for the players), it won't outsell the NDS and 3DS versions, but it should at least have decent enough sales to make it multiplatform all around, since the series seems well regarded.

More Etrian!

*pounds desk*

More Etrian!

*pound*

MORE! BRING ME MORE!!!

*pound* *pound*

4 is the highest seller so far right? And it was out last summer right? I guess it's 5 it can be out in the summer or fall. I guess the first three weren't that close to one another?

Edit: Ducky put up the dates, 3 did come two years after 2, but 2 was just over a year after the first.

The two years between 3 and 4 were the gen shift.

I think EO2 remains the best selling title in the franchise.

The two best in the series! It is ordained!

Why Vita since the audience is on 3DS and Vita is... you know.
Demon Gaze sold something like 80k+ (including digital), I believe that's better than just about every other recent Wizardry-style RPG not made by Atlus. So regardless of the difference in userbases, there's a significant audience for that kind of game on the Vita.

That said, this sounds more like Etrian Odyssey: Chrono Academy than a Vita port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom