• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA kills rumors | no PC & Switch versions of Persona 5 & Yakuza 0

Papacheeks

Banned
Both of these games have sold on Steam seemingly about on par with the western sales of the games on PS4. Obviously the Tales Of games have CE's and stuff that may make them decent money but still, comparable.

According to another poster on takes of Zestria sold well. DQ heroes bombed on PC. But sold well on ps3-ps4 to get a sequel.

Unknown?

But it's a fact though. This isn't sarcastic or ill manered. Hardin is in a though position. Do people really expected him to come out and say "Yes it's happening !" if it wasn't announced ? I'm not saying it's happening or whatever. I'm saying that PR have to stick to strict disclosed informations. They either don't know OR they have to wait.

Yes, preservation is great indeed. I don't even see your point. There's many great games that, today, would've disappeared without PC versions or emulation.
Or maybe they do know and DON'T have to wait. This is Atlus, they have absolutely no reason to conceal what platforms they are on because there is no deal with Sony and never has been. It's their choice and P5 will be big just on PS3/4. They brought P4 out on a dead console after all.

PC ports don't actually make money, in fact, it will probably detract from the sales of the console versions because of piracy. This is a sensible conclusion to come to.

I dont actually know which posts are bad sarcasm or which arent.

If its not a sarcastic post, then thats bullshit. If that would be true, we wouldnt have 80% of the japanese console/vita library on PC now...

Both of these games have sold on Steam seemingly about on par with the western sales of the games on PS4. Obviously the Tales Of games have CE's and stuff that may make them decent money but still, roughly comparable I would imagine.

Nah. Especially not true with DQH. The PS4 launch month did more then Steam LTD.

seabass0

No mention of Vita...

SF8MzIP.gif

I'm sure that's true of Persona 5. Depending on how well Switch sells, though, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a "golden" version of P5 for it.

PC ports don't actually make money, in fact, it will probably detract from the sales of the console versions because of piracy. This is a sensible conclusion to come to.
This is not 2007 anymore. People are buying games on PC and there is reason why so much japanese publishers and developers releasing their backlog on Steam.

MacTag

Banned
Hollyshit. Never thought that series did well. Now it does make sense on the sequel being released on steam as well.
Steamspy numbers:

Tales of Zestiria: 281,984 ± 13,940
Tales of Symphonia: 170,960 ±10,855
Tales of Berseria: 3,972 ± 1,655 (pre-launch)

Bandai Namco should really consider porting some of the older games to Steam. I'd love Vesperia myself.

31k NPD, 3k Charttrack, 35k Steamspy. Megabombed so hard it's weird we're seeing the sequel localized.

MUnited83

For you.
Right?

And games like Yakuza, and Persona 5 would automatically light the charts on fire? Especially since they are part of a series?

How many copies of Tales of Zestria, Dragon quest heroes have been sold on PC?

Zestiria did ridiculously well on PC, Dragon Quest Heroes bombed like it bombed on consoles. shrug.gif

Or maybe they do know and DON'T have to wait. This is Atlus, they have absolutely no reason to conceal what platforms they are on because there is no deal with Sony and never has been. It's their choice and P5 will be big just on PS3/4. They brought P4 out on a dead console after all.

This isn't Atlus. This is Atlus USA's PR. All I'm stating is that it's silly to expect a PR to go against his job because people are spamming them on twitter.

Xiao Hu

But these games are on the platform that it'll sell the most to the audience that buy these games.

And how is investing another, let's say, $50k to get it properly ported to other platforms to generate a couple more millions in revenue a bad idea? Especially since Nintendo platforms already have an audience for Atlus' games. That's basic investment calculations, it ain't that difficult if you have the data.

Steamspy numbers:

Tales of Zestiria: 281,984 ± 13,940
Tales of Symphonia: 170,960 ±10,855
Tales of Berseria: 3,972 ± 1,655 (pre-launch)

Bandai Namco should really consider porting some of the older games to Steam. I'd love Vesperia myself.

Doubt Vesperia happens. That's locked in an MS contract pretty much. Though I'd love to play it again.

Grief.exe

At this point, I just want some of these games to release on PC so we can dog pile Atlus PR.

😂😂😂😂

Zemm

I'm happy with this type of messaging, it means I know for certain I can pick it up on console. Much much better than Sony and their (intentional?) mixed messaging with the labels that are sometimes true and sometimes not.

This thread is sad. Whatever a company says will be debunked because fans wants to believe a different story.

What can a company say to these vocal fans who keep asking things they cannot answer (yet) or just won't do?

kswiston

Is this why practically every other japanese developer but Atlus is releasing one game after another on Steam?

It's well known that the 6 million copies that the Dark Souls series has sold on Steam has greatly damaged that brand's integrity. How many Souls titles are known to be in production currently? 0? Point made.

/s

I like grinding and dungeon-crawling on the couch while watching something on TV, or on the train, or airplane (I travel a lot for work). The nice thing with the Switch is that I have that flexibility, so I was hoping for P5 to come to that platform at some point.

It's like I hijacked this person's account just to post this. When I look at the Switch I see the possibilities. I just really hope it gets the 3rd party support and I'll be there day one for most of it.

fantomena

Is the point of this thread to harass Hardin to the point where he turns to the Persona devs demanding a PC-version?

I mean, I would love a PC-version, but if it doesn't come to PC, so be it, nothing I can do about it as far as I know.

There never was rumors of either of those coming to PC just happy hopeful thoughts.

I say this as someone who only plays PC games at the moment.

MUnited83

For you.
Since we announced it for the PS4, people have been holding out hope for a PC version, despite me repeatedly saying otherwise. Turns out, some people aren't easily accepting of the lack of a PC version.

Like stumpokapow said, it's not like you actually know much until the company needs you to know it, and you wouldn't be able to announce such versions even if you knew about them.
Also, something must be off with my Persona 5 copy. I was assured by a certain community manager that the game would release in 2015, but i'm still waiting for my copy. You think I should contact Amazon?

You say this like there's a history of Atlus bringing their games to PC.
Does it need to be? It's not like Josh would know if a PC port was being done right now, he doesn't really get such infos until they are actually relevant. And as you've seen, even things he is "pretty sure of" have been wrong.

And how is investing another, let's say, $50k to get it properly ported to other platforms to generate a couple more millions in revenue a bad idea? Especially since Nintendo platforms already have an audience for Atlus' games. That's basic investment calculations, it ain't that difficult if you have the data.

I bet it costs a lot more than $50k and I'm definitely not opposed to more people getting to play the game but it's not my decision. Ultimately, while the games may do well enough on other platforms. Only having it on Playstation is not an awful decision since most of potential buyers for those series are on that platform.

Unknown?

This isn't Atlus. This is Atlus USA's PR. All I'm stating is that it's silly to expect a PR to go against his job because people are spamming them on twitter.
It's just as silly to even suggest they would hide what platforms it's coming to is what I'm saying.

SgtCobra

so does this end the port begging?
Hell no, people will still keep the hope alive. Sega's CEO could confirm it and they still wouldn't believe it.

"He didn't say that there was a 0% chance of it ever coming to PC/Switch/MSX in the far future!!!"

Top Bottom