• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA kills rumors | no PC & Switch versions of Persona 5 & Yakuza 0

I'll wait for a Switch version unless the game is a solid 10/10. Loved Persona 4 a definitely want to play Persona 5, but grinding through long dungeons on the tv doesn't sound really enticing to me. That's why I stopped playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions too.

I like that no matter how you read it and try to follow its logic, it still doesn't make any sense. I bet the Ancient Greeks came up with this logic puzzle and we still can't solve it!

People with Vita can use remote play at least.

Only numbers I can find in a real quick search was from this NPD thread where a member listed DQH as 30k for its first month in America.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185621882&postcount=5636

Maybe it sold a bit more later but definitely not earth shattering. Tecmo-Koei did PC versions for games like Arslan, I doubt they cost a ton to get out there (and they are generally kinda busted too, Tecmo-Koei has a pretty negative perception to a lot of PC gamers at this point).

Zestiria did ridiculously well on PC, Dragon Quest Heroes bombed like it bombed on consoles. shrug.gif

PC Zestiria had the deal of coming with w free game and no DQH bombed on PC. PS4/3 had Asia to sell 1 million copies iirc and the western debut was in accordance with previous non mainline DQ.

I'm not sure what will be funnier: The inevitable "wait vindicated" posts if these do eventually get ported or the realization that they've denied themselves two great games for an extended period of time just to feel "vindicated".

"See? We were right! I know everyone else played Persona 5 two years ago, but hot damn, we were right!!!"

Like stumpokapow said, it's not like you actually know much until the company needs you to know it, and you wouldn't be able to announce such versions even if you knew about them.
Also, something must be off with my Persona 5 copy. I was assured by a certain community manager that the game would release in 2015, but i'm still waiting for my copy. You think I should contact Amazon?

Does it need to be? It's not like Josh would know if a PC port was being done right now, he doesn't really get such infos until they are actually relevant. And as you've seen, even things he is "pretty sure of" have been wrong.
That's just mean.

This thread is hilarious when you consider what the tweets purpose was.

Ah well, atleast post P5 release, the craziness should die down.

MacTag

Banned
Man, please, fuck that Switch. Why would Nintendo need Persona 5 when it has Mario?
Having both would be better.

I'd like to see Switch get Tokyo Mirage Sessions Overclocked first anyway though. That game really deserves another shot.

Miletius

Leaving money on the table. P5 in particular would be big on PC.

I'll buy it wherever it plays best but I'm not going to lie; I'd much rather have it on PC. Infinite forwards compatibility, better performance, mods.

This. Persona 5 has the potential to become a Dark Souls style blockbuster on the PC. It's one of those games that would do gangbusters because of strong word of mouth.

I'm also one of those folks though that believes in never say never, though. I might have believed it 5 years ago. In this day and age though, a late PC port seems like an inevitability more than anything. The question is how late it is though. Might have to wait a while, and I don't think that's to everybody's taste.

PC Zestiria had the deal of coming with w free game and no DQH bombed on PC. PS4/3 had Asia to sell 1 million copies iirc and the western debut was in accordance with previous non mainline DQ.

Zestiria had the deal of coming with a free game on pre-order. That accounts for 90K of the sales. What about the other 200k ?
DQH bombed in West, period. Let's also remember the PC version was stealth released out of nowhere 2 months after the PS4 version.

This thread is hilarious when you consider what the tweets purpose was.

Ah well, atleast post P5 release, the craziness should die down.

Considering that Vanquish still consistently is asked for on PC for the last 6 years I don't really think people are going to stop asking for Persona 5.

Look at the NPD numbers for DQH and compare them to the Steam copies.

"The only thing I can confirm about Persona 5 is 2015"

The only thing you'll find is the PS4 version sold more at launch then Steam LTD.

Considering that Vanquish still consistently is asked for on PC for the last 6 years I don't really think people are going to stop asking for Persona 5.

Yea, but it dies down a bit at least.

robotrock

Banned
When is port begging good and when is it bad?

If PC gamers didn't port beg they probably wouldn't have Valkryia Chronicles and Dark Souls on PC

Unless there's like some bit where Sony has funded the development of Persona 5 like Nintendo did with Bayonetta 2, then I'd be anti-port beg. But if not, how else do PC gamers show Atlus that there is support to bring Persona 5 to PC?

Kysen

Those saying it should be on a handheld = lol. I've finished P5 and there's no way it'd run on a Vita/3DS.

fantomena

Look at the NPD numbers for DQH and compare them to the Steam copies.

"The only thing I can confirm about Persona 5 is 2015"

And? Lots of games were confirmed to be released in 2016, but was moved to 2017 and so on.

Should I not trust Atlus PR cause he was wrong about persona 5 to be released in 2015?

When is port begging good and when is it bad

If PC gamers didn't port beg they probably wouldn't have got Valkryia Chronicles and Dark Souls on PC

Unless there's like some bit where Sony has funded the development of Persona 5 like Nintendo did with Bayonetta 2, then I'd be anti-port beg. but if not...how else do PC gamers show Atlus that there is support to bring Persona 5 to PC?

A petition? But I mean...they can always just buy it on the PS4

Zestiria had the deal of coming with a free game on pre-order. That accounts for 90K of the sales. What about the other 200k ?
DQH bombed in West, period. Let's also remember the PC version was stealth released out of nowhere 2 months after the PS4 version.

I haven't been following the price of the game so I don't know. Stop trying to equal the catastrophic bomb that was the PC version to PS4. PS4 SKU sold plentiful in Asia. In the West it did not bomb, though it did not do well.

Why are people talking about Switch rumors? Where in hell did they get that info? Someones ass? Or that loser CratridgeGames on twitter?

kswiston

The game had just shy of 60k in pre-orders/first day sales when it launched.

MUnited83

For you.
The only thing you'll find is the PS4 version sold more at launch then Steam LTD.

Yea, but it dies down a bit at least.

Actually it sold a bit less on its first month than Steam LTD. Pretty decent considering DQH was a late port that was just dropped on the store one day without any marketing.

Oh please. That's not how business works you big baby.
Japanese companies have shown time and time again they don't really know how to do business.

Top Bottom