• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus x Vanillaware HD Project

randomkid

Odin Sphere is a very, very repetitive game. If they're going to remake it, I hope they work on improving the content too. If it's just a remaster, that'll be very uninteresting.

The biggest improvement would be a simple cut of the second and fifth scenarios, nothing of importance lost narratively or mechanically. But since they won't do that, making the scenarios selectable from the start (and only requiring completion of a couple before the final boss rush) would be good.

kubricks

I know it won't happan but I really wish it is Dragon's Crown 2.
I am still playing DC to this date, logging over 200hrs of playtime, and I still haven't tried the Wizard.

Speak of which, why don't they do any DLC or expension on DC like they did with Muramasa Rebirth?

I am still playing DC to this date, logging over 200hrs of playtime, and I still haven't tried the Wizard.

Speak of which, why don't they do any DLC or expension on DC like they did with Muramasa Rebirth?

I would love some of that. New maps and enemies plz...maybe expanded moves lists.

Odin Sphere was mindless but a lot of fun.
HD remaster (on non mobile)? Day 1!
Mindless? Did you try it on the highest difficulty? :p

How far are you in the final dungeon?

Did you have to unlock it? I generally play on the highest difficulty thats available at the start.
Enjoying the scenery and music (and that delicous looking food) was enough to make me happy. I don't remember the fights to be challenging at all, but it also has been years since I played it.

FluxWaveZ

ADSRZ78.jpg

Tomorrow. Seems the common thought is an Odin Sphere HD remake, but Atlus has this tendency to subvert expectations... That's an Odin Sphere tree, though, isn't it.

Ha, sure, depends on where one lives. Happens just later today in Japan.

Ventara

ADSRZ78.jpg

Tomorrow. Seems the common thought is an Odin Sphere HD remake, but Atlus has this tendency to subvert expectations... That's an Odin Sphere tree, though, isn't it.

Yup. That's from Odin Sphere. If it is a HD port, I really hope it's for Vita/PS4. Please don't be mobile.

Did you have to unlock it? I generally play on the highest difficulty thats available at the start.
Enjoying the scenery and music (and that delicous looking food) was enough to make me happy. I don't remember the fights to be challenging at all, but it also has been years since I played it.
Yeah. You are permanently stuck at 1 HP.

Lime

Has Atlus or Vanillaware any history with mobile?

I still think they will target regular consoles regardless of their plans with this title.

It could be like pretty much every other Atlus announcement stream and be for more than one game. Odin Sphere HD and then a tease for something else at the end.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just hope this helps funding a dragon's crown spiritual sequel with different setting or a dungeon rpg that looks like the dragon's crown credits(but i want a beat'em up with vertical movement more)

kubricks

How far are you in the final dungeon?

Not very far, my lvl115 Dwarf is at L60 ToM, other characters like Elf and Amazon at L20 ToM/LoC or so.
No problem to advance further if I must but I just tend to mess around online, much like what I used to do when I was young playing at Arcade beat'em up with friends. So much fun.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm with duckroll. Odin Sphere gameplay was so boring that if it's just visual changes I've already lost interest.

Not very far, my lvl115 Dwarf is at L60 ToM, other characters like Elf and Amazon at L20 ToM/LoC or so.
No problem to advance further if I must but I just tend to mess around online, much like what I used to do when I was young playing at Arcade beat'em up with friends. So much fun.
How does ToM co-op work in terms of finding a jointly appropriate floor? We are around there, too, but we did all of LoC.

zadig

Neo Member
To be honest, if all we get are remasters, I'll be disappointed (not helped by the fact I already have all these games in some form... apart from Grim Grimoire). I'm hoping for a new title amongst announcements.

kubricks

How does ToM co-op work in terms of finding a jointly appropriate floor? We are around there, too, but we did all of LoC.

Not as readily available as LoC I think? Inferno seems more populating.
Most of ToM games available are under L20, but if I create a game at L40 or so I do get 2~3 players joining from time to time.

Kazer

I never did get around to playing Odin Sphere so I'll take an HD remaster for vita/ps4.

But a new game would be nice too.

Top Bottom