• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan |OT| - Like a Braus

Credo

I must have missed this part, but where exactly are the defensive parts that I'm supposed to target and destroy before I can damage the nape for normal amounts of damage? I never see anything except the arms, legs, and nape. I checked the in-game Tips and Tricks menu, and all it mentions is using grenades to temporarily nullify the nape defenses.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I must have missed this part, but where exactly are the defensive parts that I'm supposed to target and destroy before I can damage the nape for normal amounts of damage? I never see anything except the arms, legs, and nape. I checked the in-game Tips and Tricks menu, and all it mentions is using grenades to temporarily nullify the nape defenses.

For which titan?

Since sound / flash grenades work on certain types. But its either or basically.

The defensive parts are just the limbs. They have a different targetting icon on them if they are a defensive part.

Credo

For which titan?

Since sound / flash grenades work on certain types. But its either or basically.

I had been using grenades and attacking the nape without even bothering with any limbs, but I'm having a harder time in the mission with
Levi and Mikasa subjugating the female titan in the forest.
I guess I'll just try to identify whatever the defensive parts are and cut those down before I even worry with the nape.

Parakeetman

I had been using grenades and attacking the nape without even bothering with any limbs, but I'm having a harder time in the mission with
I guess I'll just try to identify whatever the defensive parts are and cut those down before I even worry with the nape.

Generally its her arms. I think you need to use the sound ones on her? Its been a while since ive played the jp ver but if im wrong on of the regulars here with the localized ver will correct me lol

Parakeetman

Granted this is from the JP ver heres a vid for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxQLVxi3Fug

Credo

Thanks for the tips and for that video. After watching it, I clearly must be playing the game wrong and/or badly because the player is cutting the titan's parts down like it's nothing. It takes me legitimately about 10 times longer to do what he's doing.

Edit: After targeting the arms right at the start, I was able to finish the mission in under 3 minutes. Thanks again!

Parakeetman

Thanks for the tips and for that video. After watching it, I clearly must be playing the game wrong and/or badly because the player is cutting the titan's parts down like it's nothing. It takes me legitimately about 10 times longer to do what he's doing.

Edit: After targeting the arms right at the start, I was able to finish the mission in under 3 minutes. Thanks again!

No problem and glad to hear you managed to make it past where you were stuck at

Anyone feel like at some stage in development, this game was meant to have either character creation or just a much larger playable cast?

The fact that characters are differentiated by stats and skills as opposed to movesets makes it feel the system was purposefully designed to allow players to create their own character and customise what skills they learn

Parakeetman

Anyone feel like at some stage in development, this game was meant to have either character creation or just a much larger playable cast?

The fact that characters are differentiated by stats and skills as opposed to movesets makes it feel the system was purposefully designed to allow players to create their own character and customise what skills they learn

No

Not at all.. besides that you can't play as Petra which is a let down but I understand why...

Is there a reason, why the multiplayer is working without Playstation Plus?

Edit: Slowly coming to an end with the grinding. Gallery is 93% finished.
Every mission complete in True Attack Mode.
Now playing online with random people, getting some money and materials.

And can somebody tell me which blades are between the "Regulation Hunting Blade (up to Mk3), and the "Cloud Zero" Blade?

There are 3 spaces for blades, between them.

N° 2048

So I've been playing a mission or two a day and I find that's the perfect pace for this game.
Just wrapping up Chapter 2.

edit: and I doubled posted, doh!

usp84

After watching the 25 episodes of the anime in like two days i am very intersted in playing the game.

Is it good?At least for someone who liked the anime?

Parakeetman

After watching the 25 episodes of the anime in like two days i am very intersted in playing the game.

Is it good?At least for someone who liked the anime?

If you wanted to "play" the anime then buy the game. As pretty much there is nothing else up to this level of quality with graphics and gameplay. The only thing this game fell short of was using the same OST as the anime itself.

Picked this up in the steam sale despite my trepidation about resolution. This game has so much working against it (controls aren't customizable, no anime music, resolution lock, etc) - but damn is maneuvering pretty fun. Can't get over the x button being grapple though, that's begging to be a shoulder button.

NeoRaider

Started playing this few days ago and it's so much fun. I am having a blast with this gameplay.
Story is interesting enough, characters are great and cutscenes are very well done. There are some bugs and glitches but nothing major so far. Also performance is very good on my PC.

Mikasa FTW! Love her.

Still no 1440p fix anywhere, right? Such a shame.

I wasn't finding anything good in terms of resolution. There was a thread on guru forums regarding cheat engine maybe? I didn't follow up on it. I'd also kill for a better draw distance. Kind of important in a game where you movie so fast.

ViciousDS

Banned
I just started on the Xbox one and am absolutely amazed at how Koei achieved the flow, simplicity and fun factor in the combat. It's absolutely astounding. I never though a AoT game would work. I think I need to stop doubting their spinoff games. They actually seem to be some of the greatest work they have achieved.

Top Bottom