• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan |OT| - Like a Braus

Cultural Leet

Neo Member
25 hours in and this game's swinging mechanics have spoiled me for other games. I was watching some Breath of the Wild footage earlier and I couldn't get into it. Despite having the impressive ability to climb anywhere, I kept thinking how much cooler it would be if he just whipped out some OMD gear and shot to the top. It's just that much fun. Not as satisfying as SM2 swinging, but still great.

Cultural Leet

Neo Member
I mostly been playing as him because I love his titan form and Mikasa cause she is waifu but I must say... end game Levi is still better. Eren is just too weak outside of Titan form which I have trouble getting up after I'm out of side quests.. I might be doing something wrong but I like to fully kill 100% of the titans before finishing a map. Levi just slaughters everyone while Eren seems to take 5x more attacks to destroy a limb on titans. I just wish Mikasa had a titan form than I'd just say fuck it and go her forever.

oh and I must say late game the mission "soldiers dance" pisses me off every single time I replay it. It feels like the hardest mission in the game by far even fully leveled and geared and on normal wtf.

I managed to beat the last boss before True Attack unlocked as Eren's titan form. That felt great.

Corpekata

Banned
Still waiting for the library to get it in.

What's the consensus on length? Difficulty?

It's piss easy. Still fun for the most part though.

Length is about 10ish hours for the main campaign, but there's a lot of side stuff / characters to grind if you're into that, and the last couple story missions require somewhat of a grind too so ymmv length wise.

Cultural Leet

Neo Member

Length is about 10ish hours for the main campaign, but there's a lot of side stuff / characters to grind if you're into that, and the last couple story missions require somewhat of a grind too so ymmv length wise.

Then there is True Attack is like New Game+but with ridiculously hard titans.

Actually, playing Erwin with the command skill is pretty weird, he's much better if you play him as Christa, he has too many offensive skills to just sit back and use the command skill, heck 2 of his skills revolve around getting signal bar, which you don't get if you have team mates do the work.

Armin and Henge are much better than erwin at just sitting back and letting team mates handle it, since armin's 7th skill powers up teammates and hange's powers up grenades.

Yeah Erwin isn't solely a command skill guy, he's just kind of a jack of all trades in practice. With good stats and decent skills the command is practically just supplemental damage.

I really like playing as Hange though, she seems super good so far.

I asked earlier and no one seemed to know, but in the level "Idol", the one where Pixis has his strategy to lure the titans to the wall and bombard them during the battle of Trost, one of the requirements for a dire is to have Reiner and Bertholdt join your team. None of the side missions seem to provide them, and they don't appear anywhere on the map. What am I missing?

Reiner is in the bottom left, bertholdt is across the river in the top right.

Thanks for the detailed reply

After this game came out, I finally started to learn what it was about. I tend to be more into games then anime. Like Jeff Gerstmann commented on giantbomb, I always thought this was about mechs or something...never knew much else. But it's about giant naked dudes that eat people? lol sounds crazy and awesome.

Checked out some of the anime and I'm enjoying it so far. Think I'm gonna pick up the game too, because it looks cool.

Cultural Leet

Neo Member
After this game came out, I finally started to learn what it was about. I tend to be more into games then anime. Like Jeff Gerstmann commented on giantbomb, I always thought this was about mechs or something...never knew much else. But it's about giant naked dudes that eat people? lol sounds crazy and awesome.

Checked out some of the anime and I'm enjoying it so far. Think I'm gonna pick up the game too, because it looks cool.

Like a lot of anime, the pacing isn't great (especially after the first 10 or so episodes), but it's still pretty good. It's a great concept with mostly great execution.

Edit: It does not require the survey missions, much to my relief. Only one trophy left to get, 100% gallery completion. I've heard that one's a big pain though, don't know the details yet.

100% gallery requires you to play through true attack mode, since the really rare materials only drop there.

It's kinda sad the game doesn't have anime OST but the original ost has some songs that are incredibly on point, maybe even better than the anime itself imo.
Ender's revenge goes incredibly well with signal/titan usage
Both female titan themes are great too, and Levi's theme made the "lieutenant levi" mission a blast.

I need help to figure out, how to do the special conditions, on Story mission 14.
I play in German, so i don't know the exact name in english, but it should be something like "Expedition beyond the walls"

The conditions are:

1. Make Mike, Christa and Ymir joining you.
But i can not find even one of them on the map.

2. Destroy the rabble which is blocking the Road.
How? Where?

Like a lot of anime, the pacing isn't great (especially after the first 10 or so episodes), but it's still pretty good. It's a great concept with mostly great execution.

Well I feel like that kind of pacing is not uncommon in just TV shows in general. I did a marathon last night, and so I'm 14 episodes in so far. I'm liking it a lot. I've enjoyed some anime recently, but more the comedy stuff, and some that are charming, but it's been since Cowboy Bebop since I've thought an anime was really cool. This series just seems rad, and it's really unique, which seems like a breath of fresh air for the genre. I know i'm a little late to the party on it, but at least it's still relevant.

I need help to figure out, how to do the special conditions, on Story mission 14.
I play in German, so i don't know the exact name in english, but it should be something like "Expedition beyond the walls"

The conditions are:

1. Make Mike, Christa and Ymir joining you.
But i can not find even one of them on the map.

2. Destroy the rabble which is blocking the Road.
How? Where?

No idea about #1 cause of the translation and not remembering that mission clearly but #2 only had 1 story mission like that that I can remember. During the mission if you do all the side quests a few of them will tell you to destroy rubble blocking the pathes between the mountains or whatever, you need to get into the towers and use their canons to blow up the roadblocks... I'm guesing this is how you also complete condition 1 since major characters only seem to join the party through side quests.

No idea about #1 cause of the translation and not remembering that mission clearly but #2 only had 1 story mission like that that I can remember. During the mission if you do all the side quests a few of them will tell you to destroy rubble blocking the pathes between the mountains or whatever, you need to get into the towers and use their canons to blow up the roadblocks... I'm guesing this is how you also complete condition 1 since major characters only seem to join the party through side quests.

That's a different mission, coming before the one I'm talking about :)
There are no side missions at all, in the mission i am talking about. Very strange.
It's a mission in a village.

Edit: english name of the mission is "57th Expedition Beyond the Walls"

Edit: Daaamn, i found out what to do.
There is a timer in the beginning of the mission and it tells you to kill the titans, before Erwin and his team arrives. BUT, do not kill the titans. You need to let Eren confront the titans, which triggers all the other stuff.

manfestival

can someone spoiler tag and let me know how far the story goes in the game? I am caught up in the manga to the latest jazz but I am curious for game purposes

Damn, only need the last dire subjugation, in the last mission. But there were not enough Titans to trigger it (you need 40).
I killed everything and waited many minutes (until the 15 minutes mark) for more titans to appear. But nothing.
Maybe some titans were killed by random canon shots?

Edit: ok, it was really the canon fire, which killed many titans. Seems like you need to let the
giant titan
walk a little bit, so the bullets only hit him, and not the small titans.

Sapientas

Finally got the Platinum after nearly 50 hours of gametime. Had lots of fun till the stupid grinding for materials at the end and I blame my OCD for sticking with it.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Just hit the second mission of the epilogue and I'm having difficulty doing the main mission while trying to complete the secondary missions as well. The time to complete everything doesn't seem to be on my side.

Either I stay with the main convoy and let the secondary timers run out, or I try and do the secondary missions and the Titans devour the convoy.

Also they're swarming Titans on me now! And they're a lot smarter/harder to take down. I got grabbed more in this one mission than I think I did the entire campaign leading up to it.

I like it!

I think there is only one request left for me. The one where you have to kill 15 muscular titans. Any good mission with many of them?

Edit: Oh, i just found out there are 81 requests. I have finished 63 at the moment. Damn.

Edit: i need to kill blind titans? Where are they? Thought i need to blind them with a grenade, and kill them after. But seems like that's wrong

I think there is only one request left for me. The one where you have to kill 15 muscular titans. Any good mission with many of them?

Edit: Oh, i just found out there are 81 requests. I have finished 63 at the moment. Damn.

Edit: i need to kill blind titans? Where are they? Thought i need to blind them with a grenade, and kill them after. But seems like that's wrong

I could be mistaken, as I've not progressed far enough in the requests to see that, but I believe some titans are invulnerable to flashes (lore-wise meaning they locate you by hearing). I would think those ones might be the "blind" ones. Just a guess!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I could be mistaken, as I've not progressed far enough in the requests to see that, but I believe some titans are invulnerable to flashes (lore-wise meaning they locate you by hearing). I would think those ones might be the "blind" ones. Just a guess!

Yeah I think there are 2 types ones who are effected by flash grenades and others who are effected by the sound grenades

Does it matter? Since its not going to change the fact thats what is available now.

The most obvious one is cost and dev time being dragged out schedule wise.

Think we've both got the wrong end of the stick. I was talking about the anime. I searched attack on Titan and this thread came up, I didn't know it was a game too.

Parakeetman

Think we've both got the wrong end of the stick. I was talking about the anime. I searched attack on Titan and this thread came up, I didn't know it was a game too.

lol in regards to the anime they just dub stuff due to wanting to get the most exposure as possible. Its why in general a lot of anime that is aired in the US is dubbed. Though thanks to streaming it also allows for catering to the market of purists who prefer subs through various platforms. Where as with the pre-streaming days everything for the most part had to go through TV networks / whatever is required to get shown in theaters.

Basically marketing decision which with how popular series have gotten thanks to reaching the masses through the native language of the region its released in, seems to work pretty well.

Pokemon and Dragon Ball are 2 older examples of shows that were dubbed and reached worldwide popularity thanks to it.

TV vs Games is a bit different as the type of budgets behind things and business models are different. When a game is just subtitled its usually budget / schedule related. In a reverse situation of when only a dub is available for a game, its due to licensing issues that also include cost. Other companies that do both Sub & Dub are able to for various reasons. In short Licensing / Budget / Schedule

Also something relevant for Subs & Dubs with online streaming services.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216307242&postcount=1

Hag

Finally got the Platinum after nearly 50 hours of gametime. Had lots of fun till the stupid grinding for materials at the end and I blame my OCD for sticking with it.

Can you give some tips for the plat? Just finished the game and I liked a lot

Samaritan

Has anyone on PC figured out a way to inject a better AA solution? The in-game AA is just not cutting it and every attempt I've made to get something working with nVidia Inspector has been unsuccessful.

Parakeetman

Has anyone on PC figured out a way to inject a better AA solution? The in-game AA is just not cutting it and every attempt I've made to get something working with nVidia Inspector has been unsuccessful.

You might want to ask Durante seeing how hes fixed a bunch of other stuff before.

I finished everything you can do in normal Attack Mode. Am i done with the most grindy part? Or is it just starting, with true attack mode grinding? Only thing missing is the 100% gallery trophy. Only gear is missing in the gallery (42% at the moment). Everything else is 100%

Would you guys recommend just buying the materials if you can, or really grind out everything?

Not sure how much money you need and how much you get from completing all the requests and muster rolls in True Attack Mode.

The grinding starts in true attack mode, muster rolls and requests give a shitton of money in it, and you'll need it.
You can buy materials if you want, it might save time, it might not.

I finished everything you can do in normal Attack Mode. Am i done with the most grindy part? Or is it just starting, with true attack mode grinding? Only thing missing is the 100% gallery trophy. Only gear is missing in the gallery (42% at the moment). Everything else is 100%

You haven't even started the grind :D

Top Bottom