• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

So you guys haven't seen any of this on Tumblr?

Here's the description of where this is from: "General consensus on /a/ is that the prototype character here looks a lot like Ymir"

"In 2006, he applied for the Magazine Grand Prix known as MGP promoted by Kodansha Ltd. and his work “Attack on Titan" was given the “Fine Work" award."

So I guess this pics are his first work ! LOOK. IT’S YOUNG YMIR. SHE CRIES OH MY GOD I CAN’T. And she was the main character wow. Isayama-sensei why have you changed for Eren ? ;_;

POST HERE

Now, yes, that's Ymir. It looks like she was the main character at first, so it's logical she has a super major role in the story as it is now.

And now, this are some HUUUUUGE spoilers okay, like spoilers for the manga. People translated what was on those images and holy shit, it kind of says what a kyojin is.

POST HERE

READ ALL OF THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Even so, it's possible that this no longer applies to his story anymore seeing as he changed the main character so I guess the story went under some major reconstruction.

Akito

"Pure Heart"
That's some classic shounen bullshit, I seriously hope Hajime will think of a better twist, that the titans were made to exterminate/regulate humans is hardly one anymore.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay so SOME Titans are able to transform into humans, for some reason, and those humans can transform back into "intelligent" Titans afterward?

God I hate this "let's show stuff but not explain shit" thing this series is going for.

Okay so SOME Titans are able to transform into humans, for some reason, and those humans can transform back into "intelligent" Titans afterward?

God I hate this "let's show stuff but not explain shit" thing this series is going for.

The ones that transform into humans are the ones referred to as aberrants. The unique ones, like the colossal titan, the armored titan, etc.

I still don't think they've explained the difference between those and the regular ones with the silly faces. Unless I missed it, there is a decent amount of the manga out.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The only not boring plot twist so far as been the "There's Titans inside the walls" reveal. That one got me by surprise.

I mean, who didn't call that Eren was the Titan attacking the other Titans when he first appeared? It was especially obvious in the anime because you could hear Eren's voice whenever he screamed.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The only not boring plot twist so far as been the "There's Titans inside the walls" reveal. That one got me by surprise.

I mean, who didn't call that Eren was the Titan attacking the other Titans when he first appeared? It was especially obvious in the anime because you could hear Eren's voice whenever he screamed.

Not only that, his hair and eye color in the anime made it more obvious.

daveo42

Banned
I have a few ideas about the overall origin of the Titans based on what we've seen so far. My guess is that Titans are actually the result of bioengineering done by the armies of the world over 100 years ago. These Titans were created to wage war and it seemed that both sides had to the technology. Those current Titans that can transform between human and Titan were successful products of the experiments, while the feral ones were rejects used specifically as infantry in the war. As to why the wooly Titan is creating new ones, I am not certain at this point.

For those who are feral and then become self aware, it may either be from having the mental fortitude to 'wake up' from their dream and realize what they truly are or something that the brain adapts to over time. Some conversions are faster than others dependent on mental fortitude.

Finally, I think there are more Titans in behind wall Rosa and Sina than we currently know about. Some members of the Church are likely. Eren's dad is probably one as well, and very well could be the one who was over the project years ago.
Would be about as bad as 'Oh hey, I'm the armored titan!'

When I originally read that in the manga, I thought they were joking at that point. It was way too rushed a reveal and didn't even seem to make much sense in the moment. I feel that the manga could use some better pacing.

I call bullshit as soon as the "former editor leaking out" card was played. The spoiler itself was something that every manga reader could have put together after like 2 minutes.

What was the spoiler? Can't currently watch the vid.

Branduil

Berthold
is pretty cute.

ibuFO2at92nQWa.jpg

vareon

I just realized my favorite part of the manga is coming next in the anime. Really loved that part, and it's what made me a fan of this manga.

Fake. He mentions a "colossal titan" that attacked the village is some mad scientist who created the titans, yet in the manga it is known to be
Berthold

I didn't watch the video, but reading it it's not a bad guess. Only thing it doesn't take into account is why there are Titans in the walls. Everything else sort of makes sense. Except the fact about Ymir and the others believe they used to be mindless Titans once.

I still think this story is going to turn out to be Gundam Wing with Titans instead of mechs :p.

Loona

Seems clearer that the female titan's blonde there anyway.
In the manga it only crossed my mind when a chapter started with Annie waking up.

I'm still surprised that no one's noticed that Reiner looks exactly like the Armored Titan.

But I guess we haven't seen it that much.

Soma

I'm still surprised that no one's noticed that Reiner looks exactly like the Armored Titan.

But I guess we haven't seen it that much.

I dunno, maybe it's because I'm already aware of it but that steam coming off of Reiner in the latest episode seemed like a pretty big giveaway imo.

But yeah they're making things a lot more obvious in the anime.

Same way Annie is obviously the female titan. Her eyes and some parts of her facial structure give it away, even for people who don't read the manga.

But given that Eren is currently the only known human who can trasform into a titan, it probably hasn't dawned on the rest of humanity yet.

I dunno, maybe it's because I'm already aware of it but that steam coming off of Reiner in the latest episode seemed like a pretty big giveaway imo.

But yeah they're making things a lot more obvious in the anime.

Maybe it was intentional and the kind of ehh art made it hard to distinguish

Branduil

Well, it's also really obvious that the armored titan is Reiner once you start looking for it. In the manga you barely saw the armored titan at all.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well, it's also really obvious that the armored titan is Reiner once you start looking for it. In the manga you barely saw the armored titan at all.

In hindsight, yeah. He looks basically the same in Titan and human forms.

I guess we just think that because we know exactly what to look for, though. My little brother (who isn't a manga reader) watched episode 17 and he didn't even wink at the steam coming off Reiner after he got away from Annie.

Maybe I was just slow, but Annie never crossed my mind until that incredible "Enough with your bullshit... FEMALE TITAN!!!" Mikasa moment.

Feels bad that maybe only 2% of the anime audience will be in the dark for that long.

Top Bottom