• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

The ED sequence is fucking amazing. Directed/storyboarded by Sayo Yamamoto, animated by Koichi Arai and Tadashi Hiramatsu. Really great art and character animation. Mikasa. <3

ttyGs8u.jpg

duckroll

Episode 2

Yeah this is a pretty solid adaptation. I really like what they're doing with the story. There's a lot of expansion and filling of the gaps, and they're actually doing stuff in chronological order instead of just randomly dicking around with non-linear stuff without effectively using it to tell a story like the manga did. Huge improvement here imo. The production values in here are definitely lower than the first episode, but the art is still pretty good. There are a lot more stills, and overall the episode feels kinda stretched at some slow points simply so they don't have to animate more scenes. Still, it does a pretty good job as the post-introduction episode, watching the characters settle and come to terms with the recent events, etc.

The stand out part of the episode this week is definitely the ED sequence. Sooooo good. Sayo Yamamoto should just keep directing OP/EDs like this and the first Psycho-pass OP, instead of making terrible series like Fujiko. :p

Does it use that song that was in the second PV?

I can't even remember the second PV anymore. Lol. It's a nice song though. Definitely an ED type song. I really liked it.

ultron87

Well I was reading an io9 story about upcoming anime to watch and they seemingly just spoiled the shit out of this. Great.

Branduil

Well I was reading an io9 story about upcoming anime to watch and they seemingly just spoiled the shit out of this. Great.

You can't even read the wikipedia article without being massively spoiled. This is pretty much the safest place to talk about it on the web, LOL.

Read the op and the first page and this looks amazing!

Though any options to view if you live in Europe? FMA Brotherhood ended up on Youtube for example.

I love everything about the first episode. I hope the show continues to deliver. I'm probably going to pick up the manga once the show ends.

Akito

I didn't even mean to say anything negative with the duckroll hype, I was just really curious about the ED after seeing him hyping it up :lol

Jex

Episode 2

The stand out part of the episode this week is definitely the ED sequence. Sooooo good. Sayo Yamamoto should just keep directing OP/EDs like this and the first Psycho-pass OP, instead of making terrible series like Fujiko. :p

What about making good shows like Michiko e Hatchin?

I want to see if a "BANNED" Gif could be made with the scene where

episode 1 spoilers:
Hannes starts running at the titan, that stops dead in his tracks, and it slowly scrolls up on the titans face. You can easily shop bishes head onto that titan.

Dennis

Banned

episode 1 spoilers:
Hannes starts running at the titan, that stops dead in his tracks, and it slowly scrolls up on the titans face. You can easily shop bishes head onto that titan.

Or a "NOPE" gif.

Branduil

episode 1 spoilers:

The "BANNED" gif should be
bish as the colossal titan kicking a hole in the wall.

What they should do is have

Erin and Mikasa have sexual feelings for each other despite the two being related. Then it will be revealed by one of them that they actually aren't related and so their romantic feelings are alright.

If this series pulls that bullshit like Sword Art Online did I am fucking OUT.

Dresden

Erin and Mikasa have sexual feelings for each other despite the two being related. Then it will be revealed by one of them that they actually aren't related and so their romantic feelings are alright.

Well, (manga spoiler, not major)
she's adopted.

Branduil

MANGA SPOILERS:
Mikasa is adopted and there will be an important episode about that in the future(the ED has hints about this). She probably likes Eren as more than a brother but Eren doesn't seem to show much interest in women.

MANGA SPOILERS:
Mikasa is adopted and there will be an important episode about that in the future(the ED has hints about this). She probably likes Eren as more than a brother but Eren doesn't seem to show much interest in women.

-_-

Well, (manga spoiler, not major)
she's adopted.

Fucking called it, kinda.

I assumed they were cousins. Either way, they didn't seem completely like brother and sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom