• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished the first season after only watching 3 episodes and binging on the rest. Holy shit what a fucking ride. I feel like the story has barely scratched the surface. Anyone know when we might expect season 2? Captain Levi is so fucking bad ass; I love Mikasa and her stoicism; Armin definitely steps up during the season; Erwin is willing to do whatever. It's really crazy how they went through all that shit and still didn't manage to get Annie to squeal. We know that her motivations was to be against the world per her father but that just doesn't make too much sense to me. Someone elaborate on that. I gotta say her Titan form is so fucking bad ass. Jesus! I still want to know who the fuck is the colossal Titan and the Armored one.

Levyne

Banned
You heard a little bit of Papenbrook speaking normally at the end of the first episode, definitely sounded better than him trying to sound younger earlier in the episode, though obviously was a very small tidbit. I thought the other two sounded fine and hopefully will sound fine older as well.

Mononoke

Banned
Who says they're gonna change? They'll probably just talk normally instead of high-pitched

In the preview clips we got, the older voices sounded much better. You are correct that I shouldn't have assumed that the children were played by different voice actors (my mistake). I was just saying, I hated the way they sounded as children, and can't wait for them to be older (because they sound better as adults).

This show is gonna kill me twice with its pacing, now that I'm watching it dubbed every week. Gonna be a tough crawl until the FT arc. Only thing I'm worried about with the dub now is (spoilers in-case Toonami first-timers are lurking)
Titan Eren's voice. I'd prefer they leave it as is

Attack on Titan t-shirts!

10261980_10152130697783481_5725523915455365217_n.jpg

10250090_10152130697793481_7547426069086380820_n.jpg

10255858_10152130697788481_1146871814764423860_n.jpg

10294373_10152130697888481_8136692564594831190_n.jpg

God, the dub is terrible. American Eren is even more annoying than regular Eren, if that was even possible. Ugh.

Looking at the Wiki for information is such a bad idea.

I hope you werent spoiled on what I think you got spoiled on. Dont Google, wiki or anything Titan. Avoid comments on websites and youtube as people love spoiling this shit like Game of Thrones.

S2 is a while away, at least one year. There arent enough chapters in the manga yet I believe. It gets pretty fucking crazy so it will be an amazing season when it does debut.

God, the dub is terrible. American Eren is even more annoying than regular Eren, if that was even possible. Ugh.

I hope you werent spoiled on what I think you got spoiled on. Dont Google, wiki or anything Titan. Avoid comments on websites and youtube as people love spoiling this shit like Game of Thrones.

S2 is a while away, at least one year. There arent enough chapters in the manga yet I believe. It gets pretty fucking crazy so it will be an amazing season when it does debut.

I inadvertently found out Levi's last name. : (

Nibel

I really miss this show and watching JoJo and HxH alone doesn't cut it; I need titans smashing each other and humanity at the brink of extinction

BizzyBum

I really miss this show and watching JoJo and HxH alone doesn't cut it; I need titans smashing each other and humanity at the brink of extinction

I know, mainly the reason I started watching it again on Toonami.

It's amazing how excited I get for something I've already seen.

Gorillaz

Forgot to mention it months back but the 2nd OVA was actually kind of fun. A complete 180 on everything and a nice time waster.

Tom_Cody

just finished watching! Took me 3 days. Any word on Season 2??

prob not for a bit, manga reasons
The first season represented up through chapter 32 of the manga and it has currently on Chapter 57. Roughly speaking, the material for season 2 will be done by the end of this year and they will likely start production on it some time after that.

The first season is currently being made into two films. The first is coming this year and the second is coming next year. I'm guessing that they will use those to start to build hype for the second season.

AoT is my favorite anime in a looong time. I even got my hubby hooked, and it's rare for him to watch anime. The story isn't anything amazing if you look deep into it but the themes and presentation are so compelling. I couldn't help myself and had to by the manga volumes where the anime left off.

So glad me and hubby now have a common anime interest aside from Slam Dunk :)

Episode 3 of the english dub has been my favorite so far. Whoever is voicing Jean is making him even more incredibly amazing than he already was. I cant help chuckling at his lines to Eren and his expressions to with it.

Armin isnt bad either and Eren has started to grow on me (hes no yuki kaji though, best jpn va). I miss the JPN voice for connie springer (mainly because he voices my favorite music idol)

I watched all the episodes in Japanese when they first aired and just watched the first episode in English.

I’m not sure if I need to warm up to it, but to me the English dub sounded absolutely terrible. I just.....ugh.

BizzyBum

Kid Eren's voice is a little annoying, but that's temporary.

I'm digging the dub so far. Then again, I'm not one of those hardcore sub or death type of people. I think they really nailed a lot of the more intense scenes so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom