• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the dub. I was open minded about it and thought it might be good.

But so far, I think its kinda bad overall. I guess the lines are alright (it ain't that great to be honest) , but the deliveries and tones are all off to me.

Everything just feels off and forced. Maybe all this melodrama and yelling works better for me in Japanese, but idk. Its not sounding right to me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Having never watched the Japanese voiced version, I feel the dub is doing a fine job. Sure it's melodramatic, but AoT is a very melodramatic series.

BizzyBum

All this talk of the dub hate has me scratching my head. I feel they've done an excellent job so far. It sounds about exactly as I would have expected it to sound in English.

I stumbled onto the dub last night on Adult Swim, not knowing there was such a thing. I watched a bunch of episodes online months ago but I stopped because I watched whatever was out (when they were debuting an episode a week, I believe) and just kinda forgot about it. Anyway, I like the dub. The voice actors are pretty solid.

Quick question: is it coming out on Blu-ray at all?

First half of the series drops in a little over a day!

rk1vn4.gif

Some timing to get back into it. Thanks!

My roommate just started AoT and it's so fun to be there for the reactions. Gets to episode 5 and is all like: "What the actual fuck!"

And I'm like:

-you-like-krabby-pattiwoh3.jpg

Gorillaz

Only things that really bugs me about the dub is that the dialogue feels "extra" wordy. Like it's padded a bit. The 2nd is the dialed up emotion and yelling. I'm wondering exactly how crazy it will be in the back half of the series if they are this melodramatic.

The show always was melodrama but it feels like it's on a different level. Idk.

RangersFan

Only things that really bugs me about the dub is that the dialogue feels "extra" wordy. Like it's padded a bit. The 2nd is the dialed up emotion and yelling. I'm wondering exactly how crazy it will be in the back half of the series if they are this melodramatic.

The show always was melodrama but it feels like it's on a different level. Idk.

Yes I wondering how they will do all those self introspection moments, especially with Jean and Armin. Those dudes would go on and on and on right in the middle of confrontations.

Hey guys, just finished watching the anime last night... My lord didn't see that ending coming. Now my main question...

Any idea when new episodes will be coming out?

cheezcake

Hey guys, just finished watching the anime last night... My lord didn't see that ending coming. Now my main question...

Any idea when new episodes will be coming out?

Next year I believe, they're giving it time so it doesn't overtake the manga. Also have you watched the Ilse's Notebook OVA? If not thats one more thing you can watch

Next year I believe, they're giving it time so it doesn't overtake the manga. Also have you watched the Ilse's Notebook OVA? If not thats one more thing you can watch

Tbh, I don't really know muh about anime. I only watched AoT, because I spent half a year listening to people rave about it. But I want to watch more anime now... My friend has me watching Gurren Lagann now. I'll put that on my to watch list as well, thanks :)

cheezcake

Tbh, I don't really know muh about anime. I only watched AoT, because I spent half a year listening to people rave about it. But I want to watch more anime now... My friend has me watching Gurren Lagann now. I'll put that on my to watch list as well, thanks :)

Oh Ilses Notebook isnt another anime, its part of AoT. It's like an episode disconnected from the main characters, but important to the backstory.

BBboy20

So, I've finally caught up to 25. After stopping at 9, when ever I see images, I got the impression things already went sideways in regards of the preggession starting with that image of Eren at trail, thought he already became a wanted man and when the images of the Female Titan came around, it seems like the series has already became a web of plots but looks like it's really on one track. ANd yeah, the show is really good at twisting expectations when you least expect it. I don't think I'm going to read the manga or, at least, anytime soon. Maybe I will one day but I won't be in any rush of making it to the lateast chapter. After all the talks of how long this franchise will last, Bones Eater comes to mind and I hope WIT simply take their time as it seems like we have all these merchandise, spin-offs, movie, new and regurgitated content to keep the iron hot. My god, I still believe Platinum Games are the only ones that can do a console version justice.

And yes, last year, I did see someone wear a Scout Regiment cape when I was in the mall. I actually wanted to make a comment but then realized I haven't watched all of the season but now I have, I can now scour all the fan made art and vidoes I want! =D

Though, I also noticed a lot just ignored the rules here and kept posting manga spoilers so whenever the new season comes out, I might just simply not come back until that season is over.

I'm going to anticipate what ToonamiGAF's reactions are going to be when episode 5 rolls around.|
Holy shit, has it really been less then 31 days since I caught up? o_O Felt like eons now.

I need to know rather that 96 dollar collector's edition of Part 1 is worth it because I feel insane even tempting on thinking on buying it if it's still available since it's now been released.

bobawesome

Holy shit, has it really been less then 31 days since I caught up? o_O Felt like eons now.

I need to know rather that 96 dollar collector's edition of Part 1 is worth it because I feel insane even tempting on thinking on buying it if it's still available since it's now been released.

Here's a picture of the Collector's Edition from a user on the Fandom Post forums:

Source: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums...ray-DVD-Combo)&p=247483&viewfull=1#post247483

You get a fancy envelope to keep everything in and uh, that's about it. If you ask me, it's a little ridiculous that they're charging $40 more for some pins and necklaces. You could always just purchase the items separately.

BBboy20

You get a fancy envelope to keep everything in and uh, that's about it. If you ask me, it's a little ridiculous that they're charging $40 more for some pins and necklaces. You could always just purchase the items separately.
=S

And reading the responses on even the LE, I think I might just not get the individual discs and just wait for the complete collection.

bobawesome

Yeah, the digibook packaging has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, to be honest. Funimation really dropped the ball by not including an artbox of any kind.

bobawesome

And the issues just keep piling up:
righstuf said:
A number of customers have contacted us with concerns about the Attack on Titan Part 1 Limited Edition, reporting that discs have been scratched on arrival and episodes have been skipping. We are aware that this is an issue with some copies of this item, and we are currently working with Funimation to look into this further. We will have more information as soon as it becomes available. If you find your copy has scratched discs and/or skips, please contact our friendly Customer Care team with details on your copy. Thank you very much for your patience.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000006845

I think I'm pretty much done with Funimation for the time being. People can rag on Aniplex all they want for their pricing structure but at least with them you know you're getting a quality product.

I don't like how the titans yell in the English dub. I was afraid they would change that. Shoulda left it alone. It's not like it was anything that needed translating. I'm cool with everything else about the dub, though, having skimmed through episodes 1 - 13. It should be noted that I'm pretty cool with dubs in general, though.

Hurley

I don't like how the titans yell in the English dub. I was afraid they would change that. Shoulda left it alone. It's not like it was anything that needed translating. I'm cool with everything else about the dub, though, having skimmed through episodes 1 - 13. It should be noted that I'm pretty cool with dubs in general, though.

I just finished watching the first 9 episodes of the english dub and yeah, they fucked up the Titan roar, sounds like giant putties from power rangers now, also noticed Chris Sabat in there going full Vegeta lol

Just watched episode 13 dubbed and it looks like some of the animation issues were cleaned up for the DVD release.

I liked that they fixed the scene where
Annie saves Jean from a Titan.
Had no real idea how that was supposed to happen originally.

bobawesome

Part 2 is now available to preorder from Funimation's online store. Rightstuf should follow soon enough.

The placeholder art they've chosen for part 2 looks great:

media.nl

Glad to see they didn't go with a lame group shot as is typical of the medium.

Part 2 is now available to preorder from Funimation's online store. Rightstuf should follow soon enough.

The placeholder art they've chosen for part 2 looks great:

media.nl

Glad to see they didn't go with a lame group shot as is typical of the medium.

Is this new art? Don't think I've seen it before. Either way, it's fucking wicked and I'm glad it's similar in style and composition to the part 1 cover art. Both look real good.

bobawesome

I've never seen it before and I couldn't find anything when searching for it. I'd assume that it's probably art featured in a booklet from the Japanese blurays, though.

Izayoi

Banned
Just finished the anime...

Tempted to start reading the manga...... But the anime was so well done, I almost want to wait until the next season... But it's such a long wait..........

TUSR

Banned

Tempted to start reading the manga...... But the anime was so well done, I almost want to wait until the next season... But it's such a long wait..........

Don't read the manga (not like you even could if you tried)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Izayoi please no.

bobawesome

The manga is great and I prefer it in many ways to the anime. I'd say there's at least another year before a second season comes out.

kirblar

Good news though- AoT is not planned to be a series with a long Naruto-esque run. The author's said the Manga's about halfway done. So it'll be a long wait between seasons, but nothing like GoT or anything where we have to wait a decade for a finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom