• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Just ban manga spoilers altogether. The wink-wink nudge bullshit ruins everything.

Although, just like Game of Thrones, it's impossible to tell if it's genuine speculation or some asshole book reader pretending to speculate.

ive caught up to the manga and ive been watching the anime and man this series is incredible.

i think the biggest thing is how scary they make the titans out to be. their designs are just so unsettling. big bodies, thin arms and legs but really huge heads. theyre always fucking grinning too. theyre like giant babies that eat people. i dunno but theyre pretty freaky to look at and the series does an excellent job of making you feel like youre fucked and theres no hope left in this shitty world.

PBalfredo

Hmmmmm. Where the series goes in the next few episodes will be important, because I'm currently at a take-it-or-leave-it point with this show. I'm not bothered by the (episode 5)
sudden apparent death of Eren. Though with the total party wipe, I'm worried this show might go total grimdark on me, where it's all too easy to cross the thin line between Anyone Can Die to Everyone Does Die, So Don't Bother Caring. Hopefully we see the pros do work with the 3DMG, because so far humanity has been hilariously incompetent. Because if everyone continues to hold on to the Idiot Ball with both hands (putting everyone in bait cities they are terribad at protecting, sending 20% of the pop on a suicide mission), then I just feel that they deserve to get eaten.

Just ban manga spoilers altogether. The wink-wink nudge bullshit ruins everything.

Although, just like Game of Thrones, it's impossible to tell if it's genuine speculation or some asshole book reader pretending to speculate.

This sounds good to me. No need to talk about manga spoilers in here when we have a thread specifically for the manga.

Cloudy

Banned
I saw a hint of the spoiler for ep5 aftermath (and posted it in spoiler tags earlier in this thread) but I was still shocked by the way that went down

In hindsight the anime gave it away a few eps ago

f0rk

I just watched the first episode. I haven't watched any anime before, and I found some parts very silly ("your son is dead, here is his dismembered arm") but enjoyable enough that I'll watch some more later.

Ultratech

i think the biggest thing is how scary they make the titans out to be. their designs are just so unsettling. big bodies, thin arms and legs but really huge heads. theyre always fucking grinning too. theyre like giant babies that eat people. i dunno but theyre pretty freaky to look at and the series does an excellent job of making you feel like youre fucked and theres no hope left in this shitty world.

Like this?

41-teeth52.jpg

Sarquiss_

Agreed. I know people mean well but it takes away from the enjoyment that people who are only watching the Anime get.

I just watched the first episode. I haven't watched any anime before, and I found some parts very silly ("your son is dead, here is his dismembered arm") but enjoyable enough that I'll watch some more later.

You've never seen ANY anime before, or you just don't actively seek it out and watched random stuff like Pokemon and DBZ back in the day? If it's the former, then you picked a hell of a show to jump in with.

Drencrom

Jesus christ, this show doesn't fuck around. Ep 5 was just ruthless.

All that talk about killing all titans is kinda depressing in hindsight lol

f0rk

You've never seen ANY anime before, or you just don't actively seek it out and watched random stuff like Pokemon and DBZ back in the day? If it's the former, then you picked a hell of a show to jump in with.

I watched a bit of Pokemon when it on like 15 years ago and I was 8 lol

not that I care that much but this thread spoiled that part for me, I wasn't that interested on watching the show ASAP and I was planning to start watching it on june or so
Somebody not wanting to know about shit that happened on one of the most popular TV shows on GAF when it happened two years ago is not the problem. No one should be so self-centered as to expect all of GAF to not talk about old things that one hasn't seen yet.

Friggin' Osama Bin Laden has been dead just four weeks more than TV Ned Stark. Book Ned has been dead over 16 years. It's fair game, nobody should even be making a peep about spoilers.

Just ban manga spoilers altogether. The wink-wink nudge bullshit ruins everything. .

Yeah that would be helpful, its terrible in multiple of these adaptations of manga anime threads that reveals seemingly are often made my posters caught up in their excitement. Though I typically just avoid clicking any bars, or skipping the posts of the people that are definitely reading the manga and read them later, or just employing numerous Ctrl+f's and "episode 5" or whatever to only read the hopefully safest posts

Terrible being a anime only watcher and wanting to at least discuss the series sometimes :(

Proelite

Speculative Ending of the manga:

Eren defeats all Titans via deus ex machina, but is the last remaining human on Earth. He is free to explore the outside world for an eternity. Due to the immortality granted by the regenerative serum given by his dad, he is cursed to wander the earth forever, searching for any potential survivors.

Mikasa's death prior to the ending should be epic, whether by old age or by the Titans.

Branduil

Ending of the manga:

Eren defeats all Titans via deus ex machina, but is the last remaining human on Earth. He is free to explore the outside world for an eternity. Due to the immortality granted by the regenerative serum given by his dad, he is cursed to wander the earth forever, searching for any potential survivors.

Mikasa's death prior to the ending should be epic, whether by old age or by the Titans.

You should clarify that all of this is speculation based on the anime so far.

Ending of the manga:

ohh nice to spoil :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay so here's the deal:

All spoilers regardless of what they are need to be marked. BE CONSIDERATE ABOUT WHAT YOU CONSIDER A SPOILER OR NOT. Manga spoilers must be pointed out beforehand to avoid anime only watchers from clicking on them.

If you try and post fake speculation that is in fact spoilers, then it's a ban. Those who have read the manga... let's try and stop goading the anime watchers as well - this includes the typical "wink, wink, nudge nudge" mentality that has been running rampant. Really, let's all be nice in here.

Just started watching, three episodes in. Really enjoying it so far. Great visuals (I love those thick black outlines), solid animation, good music. The titans are unsettling as hell.

Getting the impression that I should stay the hell out of this thread, though :lol

Branduil

Just started watching, three episodes in. Really enjoying it so far. Great visuals (I love those thick black outlines), solid animation, good music. The titans are unsettling as hell.

Getting the impression that I should stay the hell out of this thread, though :lol

If you're not caught up, yeah. Even then, tread carefully.

This thread is still safer than 99% of the other places to discuss it on the internet.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yeah this thread already ruined some shit for me. People in general seem to be idiots when it comes to what is and isn't a spoiler.

"I just strongly hinted at shit, I didn't completely give anything away! How's that a spoiler???"

Ugh. I should just stay out of threads like this. It's impossible to vouch for the intelligence of large numbers of random internet-goers, even on a forum that probably skews more intelligent than average.

I mostly do it because I don't like seeing people rage and leave. I know many people might get turned off by the setting, and think nothing will get explained, so I try to keep them staying.

vareon

Okay so here's the deal:

All spoilers regardless of what they are need to be marked. Manga spoilers must be pointed out beforehand to avoid anime only watchers from clicking on them.

If you try and post fake speculation that is in fact spoilers, then it's a ban. Those who have read the manga... let's try and stop goading the anime watchers as well - this includes the typical "wink, wink, nudge nudge" mentality that has been running rampant. Really, let's all be nice in here.

I would also remind people to be considerate about what they consider spoiler or not.

Thoraxes

Okay so here's the deal:

All spoilers regardless of what they are need to be marked. Manga spoilers must be pointed out beforehand to avoid anime only watchers from clicking on them.

This is good. Now hopefully I can actually browse this thread without worrying about being spoiled.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So what's the rule on anime TV show spoilers? Like can I talk about stuff in episode 5 without spoiler tagging it?

For people just getting into the series, I would say that all spoilers need to be tagged regardless as Shingeki is a series that relies a lot on the mystery of its plot and the various twists and turns it takes.

f0rk

Watched the 2nd episode, I think I'll be sticking with it. It's pretty dark (reminds me of the animatrix sometimes) but the crazy japanese parts lighten my mood

Proelite

Can we also ban all manga spoilers marked or unmarked in this thread? It makes no sense for them to be here. A slight click is all it takes to spoil yourself by events episodes into the future.

I watched a bit of Pokemon when it on like 15 years ago and I was 8 lol

Crazy series to just pick up either way. It definitely takes some getting used to certain tropes, but people that can tolerate (or outright enjoy) them can get into a lot of cool stuff.

Soma

Agreed to just banning any manga spoilers in this thread especially when there's a link to the unofficial spoiler thread right in the OP of this thread.

KPJZKC

Okay so here's the deal:

All spoilers regardless of what they are need to be marked. BE CONSIDERATE ABOUT WHAT YOU CONSIDER A SPOILER OR NOT. Manga spoilers must be pointed out beforehand to avoid anime only watchers from clicking on them.

Glad I deleted my jokey prediction earlier so, I decided to read the manga and realised I was very close to the mark.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yeah this thread already ruined some shit for me. People in general seem to be idiots when it comes to what is and isn't a spoiler.

"I just strongly hinted at shit, I didn't completely give anything away! How's that a spoiler???"

Ugh. I should just stay out of threads like this. It's impossible to vouch for the intelligence of large numbers of random internet-goers, even on a forum that probably skews more intelligent than average.

I thought I got the weirdest déjà vu ever for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom