• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

itfFpP31v1XUU.jpg

Nice work.

This makes me want a AAA game adaptation--bad. Ah god, the possibilities!

Fantastic poster.

Necrovex

Man, still no Attack on Titan on CR. A little surprised and sad, but I figured it's more of the studio at fault rather than CR.

Also where can I actually watch a legal stream of Kaiji? Do any exist?

Daingurse

For anyone who is thinking about reading the manga, I would highly recommend it so far. I am honestly very hyped to see the shit I've read animated.

Edit: My bad, thought spoiler tagged manga spoilers were fine.

Hurley

So glad i stumbled onto this thread, decided to watch the 6 episodes that are out so far and am loving it, first anime series that i've actually watched since Kenshin way back in 2005, only one problem though...

I decided to look on to wiki to see how many episodes there have been so far and as i was scrolling down it had the character list and had a little description about them...and of course i had to read a few of them and now i've gone and given myself some spoilers, ffs.

Loving the show though!

Branduil

Yeah, once again guys, the Wikipedia article on this franchise is full of unmarked spoilers. I recommend avoiding all informational wikis if you want to remain unspoiled.

So glad i stumbled onto this thread, decided to watch the 6 episodes that are out so far and am loving it, first anime series that i've actually watched since Kenshin way back in 2005, only one problem though...

I decided to look on to wiki to see how many episodes there have been so far and as i was scrolling down it had the character list and had a little description about them...and of course i had to read a few of them and now i've gone and given myself some spoilers, ffs.

Loving the show though!

yeah i also had a major thing spoiled for me by reading the wikipedia entry for this series :|

PEOPLE, DO NOT LOOK UP ATTACK ON TITAN ON WIKIPEDIA

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I like where this anime is heading.
Killing the main character is a really bold move if they stick to it.

Yonafunu

I'll never understand why people feel the need to go to Wikipedia and look up stuff for any series. Just ask the people in this thread if you have any questions.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Random thought popped in my head. You know that bloke who gets kicked by the running titan (it's been gif and reposted loads in the thread so I guess it's not really a spoiler now)

Well anywho,
why was he there? Everyone else was huddled by the exit waiting to escape whereas he was just being Billy No Mates in the middle of nowhere. What a plonker.

Daingurse

Yeah, once again guys, the Wikipedia article on this franchise is full of unmarked spoilers. I recommend avoiding all informational wikis if you want to remain unspoiled.

Io9 did an article spoiling this show as well in a fucking spring Anime recommendations topic. Glad I started reading the manga prior to seeing it, it was a very major spoiler.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to go to Wikipedia and look up stuff for any series. Just ask the people in this thread if you have any questions.

It isn't just wikipedia. It is the fact that wikipedia will pop up first on Google, too. Let us just say that I googled a certain something doing a certain something on google to see if I could find an image or a clip, and the top wiki result made me say: I don't get it, but I don't think I'm supposed to know that. So half spoiled?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't know if we can chalk this up to yet another Evangelion reference, but for some reason the climax in this episode reminded me of the multitude of times EVA 01 stabbed something. Or am I grasping at straws here?

Episode 6:
Was really hoping to find out what happened to Eren, kinda disappointed half the episode was Armin being a little bitch. At least Miska being awesome made up for it.

Episode 6 – The World the Girl Saw - Battle for Trost (2)
tumblr_mmrieaUkXV1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Perhaps the delay made this feel even worst than it really was but it was just a really terrible episode and plagued with many dull moments. It felt as if the writer is making the same elementary mistakes that amateur yet aspiring fanfiction writers make in their debut works.
Focusing all of his attention on developing FailKasa and somehow making her this intense character capable of making numerous miracles such as destroying countless titans is just an incredulously nonsensical decision in direction. Surely he could have shared some of these moments with characters sparring them of tragic and really emotional deaths, like Thomas of last episode and then here, Franz, and ultimately Eren. Two episodes in a row and I've already lost three characters I liked and one I loved. I think the anime would do so well if multiple characters were getting in on the action instead of making this a one character do all spectacle, its unfair. If things dont change fast, then I think I really might just not even care for this anymore, only the hopes that Armin, Jean, Connie have something else to them and more flashbacks of Eren, and hopefully Rivaille getting involved in the plot (why that brief tease in the past, he deserves screentime, such a cool design), help me to keep watching this.

I think that random marriage line really felt out of place. Had to agree with Connie about it and then it just looked really bad.
Considering characters are dying all around them, how can one joke around or then show Armin on an emotional collapse and Franz's death scene...

Flashback Eren was cool, hope we get more. Good eyes.

Random thought popped in my head. You know that bloke who gets kicked by the running titan (it's been gif and reposted loads in the thread so I guess it's not really a spoiler now)

Well anywho,
why was he there? Everyone else was huddled by the exit waiting to escape whereas he was just being Billy No Mates in the middle of nowhere. What a plonker.

Shellshocked dude coming back from the frontlines probably.

I just started the show and watched the first five episodes in a row. It's an awesome show but the pacing is confusing me. There's some neat character development ideas presented in these first couple episodes that could really have been developed into a bigger character arc. Instead the growth seems to be the character explaining how they have changed/grown up since our last interaction with them. The show seems to fall prey to telling instead of showing quite a bit.

Anyways, still a cool show. I'm excited to see where it goes.

Sorral

For some reason I completely forgot that there was an OT for this. Great job and I like all the extra info there.

Going to rewatch episode 6. I feel like I missed something...

Kagami

Ep 6

Pretty much a straight adaptation. Don't have much to say. Good episode.

Though I wasn't too crazy about the
Franz censorship.
There are better ways they could have done it.

Yeah I didn't even see what was going on there.
My friend I'm watching it with who's read the manga pointed it out to me.

Anyway, I have to say episode 6 may have finally sold me on this show.
Up till now the series had felt like an overly long prologue, and I wasn't really interested in any of the characters.
Episode 1 was exciting, but 2-5 didn't do all that much for me. If I knew absolutely nothing about it then maybe I would have found the events of 2 and 5 interesting, but with even a basic idea of the story ahead of time, it was just "ok this is where they demonstrate how hopeless things are." And with a dull color scheme and adequate but not really pretty CG, and frequent stills, it was hard to get excited about the visuals.
But time flew by while I watching episode 6. When the credits rolled, I could have sworn it had only been 15 minutes.
It's definitely more interesting when it's focusing on Mikasa instead of the boys.

Ferrio

Banned
So caught up with 5 and halfway through 6 (internet died last night as I was watching) and..

I totally didn't see episode 5 coming. They're not pulling a Gurren Laggan are they? I refuse to believe Eren is dead, or won't come back in some form. They alluded to much to his dad, and with those weird flashbacks of his dad injecting him with stuff. I assume some mindfuckery is going to happen to bring him back. Unless I missed something at the ending of episode 6 that shows it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom