• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugwhump

QIeleiE.gif

First time making gifs.

Hahahaha, oh man.

Do one of
Mikasa slicing that titan's hand then jumping away, awesome scene.

Kickz

Well damn that's something new..
Kept waiting for rogue Titan to shrink and turn back into Eren

Also officially nominate Mikasa for best female character ever.

This is just proof that you should finish Nadia instead.

You read my mind, dear friend.

In the meantime Episode 07 impressions!

Randomly long recap, and flashbacks galore! I expect we'll be seeing that kind of recap at the beginning of every episode going forward, as it's an easy to pad the show's runtime. As for the flashbacks, none of them were all that long, but still annoying nonetheless. The action/choreo was great though, and Sawano's OST gets to flex its muscles. The direction during the scene where
Mikasa is about to give up/the build up to the falcon punch
was pretty damn cool.

Overall a fun episode, despite the production issues plaguing it. Haha.

Dali

I like how I just visually had parts of the episode spoiled for me AND read spoilers just sitting out in the open.

Come on guys. Really?

I know, right. I was sure Sarquiss would fix his fail after I pointed it out. I mean seriously how do you post something and not notice there aren't any black bars where you meant to have bars? The gifs bothered me as well, but they aren't too bad as far as episode ruining unlike if I'd have read Sarquiss's post prior to viewing (which thankfully I didn't).

Great episode, I read till about chapter 20 a whole ago so I know what's coming next. It's still really exiting and awesome because of the great sound direction.

suzu

Pointing out that something is a spoiler is also considered a spoiler. lol

Better off PMing that person or a mod to hide or remove it.

Dali

Pointing out that something is a spoiler is also considered a spoiler. lol

Better off Pming that person or a mod to hide or remove it.
He knows it was a spoiler. He put "spoilers" in the tag instead of "spoiler". I quoted him pointing out the mistake but also properly tagged the spoiler portion. It's the third post from the bottom of the previous page.

And I agree with you there. I don't know if the person that said
eren is going to turn into a titan
was joking and didn't know but the people saying spoiler certainly confirmed it.

suzu

He knows it was a spoiler. He put "spoilers" in the tag instead of "spoiler". I quoted him pointing out the mistake but also properly tagged the spoiler portion. It's the third post from the bottom of the previous page.

Oh I didn't mean you. I was talking about the previous page.

Dali

Oh I didn't mean you. I was talking about the previous page.
Oh my bad. Yeah that whole page is full of untagged spoilers now that I go back and look. Seriously some people itt are total douche nozzles. After some asshole spoiled what happens to
Eren when he lost his parts
, I basically only enter this thread after I've watched the most recent episode.

I was spoiled on another site on
the fact that Eren survives and turns into a titan.
:( The former didn't surprise me that much, but I wasn't expecting the latter.

I just heard that in Buddhist cultures there's an urban legend that they taste like human flesh, maybe that's it.

Also, I am not sure that spoiler tags are necessary when you are talking about pomegranates, lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hariti

She's known to eat pomegranates (man that's a difficult word to spell), but I'm pretty sure they weren't going for a mythological reference here.

HOLD IT ONE FUCKING SECOND. (Ep 7 Stuff.)

The fighting Titan TOTALLY has to be Eren. I'm guessing it has something to do with the serum his dad injected him with earlier.

Let's think about this:

1: He knows about the Titan weak spot.

2: He knows how to use human hand-hand combat. Unless Titans are normally fighting all of the time, there's absolutely no reason for them to have developed intelligence AND learned how to fight effectively. They also made a point of showing how Eren improved his hand-hand combat ability. I'd like to think it wasn't a coincidence that they mentioned this.

3: It has the exact same hair, AND the exact same color eyes as Eren. That can't be any coincidence. This show is too good to allow coincidences like that.

4: Not really evidence, but I find it too convenient for the Titan to have saved Mikasa out of nowhere without being a SERIOUSLY important part of the story. If they wanted Mikasa to survive so badly, they could've just had her fight her way past that one Titan.

Those are my thoughts. Anyone else able to weigh in?

I need next week's episode in my veins right now.

Ever since his appearance I kept imagining there will be a scene where
Mikasa's comrades will swoop in to try to kill that titan, with Mikasa screaming "NO YOU MUSN'T HE JUST SAVED MY LIFE!"
Maybe that'll happen next episode. I wonder how they'd react if
the titan suddenly smiled and gave a thumbs up at them to show he's on their side before killing another.

Aw damn it, the untagged spoilers. It hurts. Someone beat me to the GIF-making.

Just watched 7. I gotta admit, a minute of recap was good and the episode was pretty damn great. Still gonna keep my spoilers with non-spoiler information.

Regarding freakin' Black Beltosaurus, it could be possible that it's who we think it is. The Preview explains it in small words/dialogue but pretty much transparent. Also, the title for the next episode adds onto the tree of ideas.I have the GREATEST feeling that it's gotta be him.

NEXT WEEK DUDES.

Episode 7 - Thoughts

This was a very action packed episode and I liked it. The show is really starting to pick up, and their's finally something good that happens. When that titan showed up kicking the other titan's ass I was happy as heck for their finally be something good that happens. It seems like Armin is still going to be a wimp, even if he did give the Mikasa the rest of his gas.

Overall I can't wait for the next episode. The preview kinda scared me about one of my favorite characters though, I hope it was just misleading. Wait... why do I have a favorite character in a horror anime is the first problem lol.

Dennis

Banned
I had this amazing thought that I am sure I am first and alone in having:

That titan killing the other titans is Eren

Mikasa is seriously imba.

episode 7

goddamn the soundtrack is so fucking good. some terrible production problems but i dont even mind anymore. cant wait for next week.

Just watched ep 7. Omg this show is so awesome. Getting misty eyed for Eren and we've only known him 6 episodes. That's pretty great character development and progression. And lol
Mikasa is still the only soldier we've seen take down a titan. Surrounded by soldiers young and old, in a series about killing titans, with an opening animation making them all look like titan-killing ninjas, only one of them has actually killed one up to this point. I guess they are building up to everyone else growing balls and are going to make it a huge turning point.

Also
didn't see Eren turning into a titan coming. Mikasa's memories of him and the part where she had given up made Eren's death even more meaningful. I almost teared up myself. Then they bring him back? Sort of cheapens his "death".

Spoiler tags. How do they work? Seriously I'd be pissed if I came into this thread prior to seeing episode 7.

annie noted in an earlier episode that
the best soldiers are sent the the safest areas inside the walls to protect the kings and shit, which is why majority of them are just well equiped titan food. mikasa was supposed to go inside the walls IIRC before the titans attacked again

Kagami

Episode 7

Ok I'm on board for this show now.
I was skeptical at first but these last two episodes have really done it for me.
Only thing I'm worried about is, part of that enjoyment probably comes from the Mikasa focus in these two eps, so I hope she doesn't wind up taking a backseat later.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How many people in a Titan's grasp have actually been actively saved so far?

I swear I can only think of one person...

Episode 7 – The Small Blade - The Battle for Trost (3)
tumblr_mn1xdm9Sy11qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mn1xdm9Sy11qbxqfpo2_500.png

The anime has really taken a turn for the better. It just feels really different and a bit more pleasing when focused on the great characters of the cast, specifically, Jean is a rather interesting character and definitely deserves more screentime as his own compelling ideals, personal struggles and desires, and potential for leadership makes him worth following. And to think he even still thinks of Eren, nice. Connie Springer as well too, a a near and dear favorite still, and ultimately sincere and diligent in all his ways and very caring for his peers. Combined, both make a great team and excellent leads, greatly complementing those skills and character traits embodied and emphasized by the main character of the first few episodes. I hope Connie and Jean do lead us on various missions and what not in the future.

Speculative thinking on ep7...
The titan was alright but I think they just made it way too obvious, I guess that is just the flaws of the medium as that even sounded and acts like Eren. I think I have mixed reactions about it, as I definitely prefer human forme and would have wanted him to have achieved elite sword skills, pro abilities, and what not. Getting ugly is not a powerup I wanted, but still, rather creative thing done to definitely bring some hope and light into this very dim world.

Dali

So the recap states what was pretty much already known but it brings up the question; Who built the walls? How did they have time to erect the great wall of China around an area without being made titan food? Also why doesn't the giant Titan or the armored Titan simply appear within them?

Dali

episode 7

goddamn the soundtrack is so fucking good. some terrible production problems but i dont even mind anymore. cant wait for next week.

annie noted in an earlier episode that
the best soldiers are sent the the safest areas inside the walls to protect the kings and shit, which is why majority of them are just well equiped titan food. mikasa was supposed to go inside the walls IIRC before the titans attacked again

Well yeah its been made clear the best soldiers get to pick where their assignment and the vanguard of the attack were the lesser soldier but still...
just Mikasa has been shown killing a Titan. Even the titan bait went through the training and graduated. Just thought it was interesting is all. I'm sure people are felling titans elsewhere (or are they?) but they've only shown Mikasa doing it.

Episode 7 – The Small Blade - The Battle for Trost (3)
tumblr_mn1xdm9Sy11qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mn1xdm9Sy11qbxqfpo2_500.png

The anime has really taken a turn for the better. It just feels really different and a bit more pleasing when focused on the great characters of the cast, specifically, Jean is a rather interesting character and definitely deserves more screentime as his own compelling ideals, personal struggles and desires, and potential for leadership makes him worth following. And to think he even still thinks of Eren, nice. Connie Springer as well too, a a near and dear favorite still, and ultimately sincere and diligent in all his ways and very caring for his peers. Combined, both make a great team and excellent leads, greatly complementing those skills and character traits embodied and emphasized by the main character of the first few episodes. I hope Connie and Jean do lead us on various missions and what not in the future.

Speculative thinking on ep7...
The titan was alright but I think they just made it way too obvious, I guess that is just the flaws of the medium as that even sounded and acts like Eren. I think I have mixed reactions about it, as I definitely prefer human forme and would have wanted him to have achieved elite sword skills, pro abilities, and what not. Getting ugly is not a powerup I wanted, but still, rather creative thing done to definitely bring some hope and light into this very dim world.

I was thinking the same thing. I just wonder how they're gonna explain how he became one.

Speculating here...I have a huge theory on what the Titans are really doing.

Do you guys realize by now what this means? There could be intelligent Titans out there right now, lots of them. Think about why they haven't stormed the walls yet. They only attack when they're hungry. Why would they want to exterminate humanity and starve? The walls are not there to protect us, they're there to trap us. It's an all you can eat buffet for Titans. Think about that for a second.

Humanity is being farmed, we are the cattle ripe for the slaughter. We don't know about where they came from, or what the Titans are, but, what if there is an intelligence driving them? The dumb titans eat the humans and go back to the Titan civilization and throw up the dead humans so the smart titans can eat the gloppy remains.

Do you guys realize by now what this means? There could be intelligent Titans out there right now, lots of them. Think about why they haven't stormed the walls yet. They only attack when they're hungry. Why would they want to exterminate humanity and starve? The walls are not there to protect us, they're there to trap us. It's an all you can eat buffet for Titans. Think about that for a second.

Humanity is being farmed, we are the cattle ripe for the slaughter. We don't know about where they came from, or what the Titans are, but, what if there is an intelligence driving them? The dumb titans eat the humans and go back to the Titan civilization and throw up the dead humans so the smart titans can eat the gloppy remains.

I'm pretty sure Titans don't need to eat people. It was in Episode 3 or 4 I think. They have no physical need to eat. It's assumed that they may need sunlight but that could be debunked as well.

Based on episode 7 it's apparent that either people become Titans after they die or they can Transform willingly into Titans. I think this goes back to the theory of military testing. My hunch is, that when the Titans showed up, humans began genetic testing on human soilders to turn them into Titans so mankind could stand a chance. However I don't think the testing was perfected and so now you have the original Titans as well as people that have become Titans somehow. It's yet to be seen whether or not they can transform back to humans though, however with Eren being the main character I don't see how he won't be able to change back somehow (if he doesn't he won't have an arm or a leg so may he will need to remain in Titan form)

Either way, it all seems very intriguing what possibilities are on the horizon

Satoši

Neo Member
Patiently waiting for a gif of that scene where Mikasa lands after jumping away from the titan to pop up, some sweet hair sakuga right there. *swoooon*

I believe it was in episode 4 where they were in class learning about the titans when the teacher said "they don't need to eat humans to survive, they just do it for the fun of it." I still remember how mad the class's reaction to that was because they son't even eat them for survival just for fun. Even I know what that titan was doing that saved them (didn't read the manga btw but its obvious as heck), but I still want to know how this occurred. I believe that except for the colossal titans, these titans are dumber then rocks though. Unless a new titan appears that actually has intelligence as a basis like the colossal then yeah they're pretty stupid.

Since they showed that they teach them that the titans don't have sexual organs and that it is unknown how they reproduce, my theory is that the eaten humans become titans.

But since Eren seems to be special, he comes back with a conscious and fights the other titans.

Let's see if my prediction is right.

Hopefully he can transform into a human being again, because i really liekd his character :/

Soriku

Since they showed that they teach them that the titans don't have sexual organs and that it is unknown how they reproduce, my theory is that the eaten humans become titans.

But since Eren seems to be special, he comes back with a conscious and fights the other titans.

Let's see if my prediction is right.

Hopefully he can transform into a human being again, because i really liekd his character :/

I don't think that's the case because it doesn't explain the syringe/serum that Eren got injected with from his dad. It's more likely that everyone else dies normally, but since Eren got the serum he didn't really die and was able to regenerate because of his Titan powers, etc. Though I think he only regenerated after he transformed into a Titan. So we'll see him back with his arm and leg because of the regeneration. He already has his arm and leg as a Titan and he regenerated his hand back this episode.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
It was kinda meh for me. I just want to get to the heights of Ep. 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom