• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATVI: "Crash surpassed our wildest expectations" and "looking at other classic IP"

Sony owns CTR the game but this doesn't extend to owning the CTR IP, so while a remake of the original game would be a Sony-owned PS4 exclusive, a new entry would be entirely up to Acti and multiplatform (possible temporary exclusivity shenanigans aside).
A remake of the old one would be the biggest draw. Who knows how a new one made with Acti at the wheel (pun intended!) would turn out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A remake of the old one would be the biggest draw. Who knows how a new one made with Acti at the wheel (pun intended!) would turn out.

Quite possibly. I was just clarifying that, with the exception of a possible remake of the original game, Sony doesn't have a say in the future of the IP.

Dr. A

I think Sony has an amazing wealth of IPs they can resurrect as HD Remasters.

Vagrant Story
Xenogears
Front Mission
etc.

A lot of these games deserve the same amount of time and effort afforded to FFXII. :)

SNURB

I personally hope they retcon any mainline entries after Warped and start from scratch. Wrath of Cortex is awful and Crunch is a terrible character that needs to stay in the past. Twinsanity is also pretty mediocre.

I don't blame you, Crunch is essentially what Poochie was for Itchy & Scratchy. Some lamebrain Hollywood executive's idea for a new character to make the series fresh.

I'd rather they just start over and make an actual Crash 4. Coupled with how inconsistent the franchise became over the years, it just made sense to start over fresh anyway.

Crash 4 should be a Twinsanity-style game, but not an exact Twinsanity remake. Twinsanity was the perfect blend of open world connecting cohesive linear stages that drifted from open 3D and linear 3D/2.5D. An exact clone of dumping you in a warp room with another Wrath of Cortex attempt at copying the classics will dampen and fail to keep up this renewed momentum.

kc44135

Yes. And some people are confused thinking it's better than Mario Kart.
Ah, I see. So, it's not really that great then? I wonder why so many people want it remas...

It's like modern Mario Kart a decade early.

Can confirm it blows every Mario Kart out the water mechanically after being way LTTP.

Activision can't give you that alone because CTR is a Sony game.

It's much better than any Mario Kart.

...oooh, this sounds pretty interesting! I love me some Mario Kart, so I hope CTR gets a remaster too. I'm pretty interested in checking it out now!

Top Bottom