• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Cagey

Banned
So RAW starts with a You Deserve It chant for Finn Balor, the Demon King? Even my boy, the Big Dog, Roman thinks Finn Balor, the Demon King, had it easy.

We professional wrestling fans are idiots.

Toki767

I honestly want Roman to be champion only to see just how fucking livid people will get.

Maybe Vince realized that Roman will never ever ever get rid of his nuclear heat, so might as well just do whatever the fuck he wants.

I mean...we've already seen Reigns as champion. 3 times in a year.

People aren't exactly going to get more livid.

They're just going to tune out.

Remember when guys would actually get punished?

He got suspended for not even a PPV and lost clean two or three times

I don't know what's more damning, that it counts as actual punishment in this dumb fucking company, or that everyone else they tried to push in his place either failed utterly or got suspended or hurt themselves. Usually that kind of comical bad luck happens in fairy tales with horribly ironic endings

I like Seth but I really don't want him as champion again right now but I'm sure that's what we'll get. I wish Jericho was the one winning it.

UberTag

So RAW starts with a You Deserve It chant for Finn Balor, the Demon King? Even my boy, the Big Dog, Roman thinks Finn Balor, the Demon King, had it easy.

You're not wrong about any of this.
And, as easy as Roman had it, Balor had it even easier. (Until he got his shoulder fractured by Seth the Destroyer that is.)

And yes... professional wrestling fans are indeed fools who part with their money.

What are you talking about? Are there people getting hit with suspensions?

There were three big suspensions last week, and rumors of up to 7 more to come (the validity of those rumors are questionable). But multiple wrestling news personalities have mentioned that there might be some real bad news breaking this week and that it probably wouldn't be a good week for wrestling.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Whoever gets this title is going to be front and center when Monday Night Football returns in 3 weeks. Good luck taking the heat for ratings tanking.

By all means, put it on Roman.

GunBR

I don't get it why WWE always bring Roman back when they have some injuries on the roster

He was on the mid-card last year fighting against Bray, Seth got hurt and they give the title to him
He was on the mid-card now, Finn got hurt and he is back to the main event

They should give him the US title (sorry Rusev), try to work his character on the mid-card and give him a shoot for the title only after next year Mania

Toki767

Whoever gets this title is going to be front and center when Monday Night Football returns in 3 weeks. Good luck taking the heat for ratings tanking.

Eh. When the title is on someone Vince actually likes, they make up all the excuses in the world for when ratings go down.

Barrage

I love Owens, but the excuses made for his ratings would be hilarious.

Yeah, it's almost a blessing in disguise that Balor's first big run didn't coincide with probably the lowest ratings ever for Raw once MNF starts.

cordy

Banned
Yeah, if Owens doesn't win next week (I'll even take that nigga Big Cass) I think I'm going to exclusively watch SD. I can catch the Raw parts I want to see online later but there's no use watching when Reigns is doing this. I don't want Rollins as champion either, not as a major heel.

I'm just tapped out of Raw.

Toki767

Owens is honestly the best choice to win next week.

Reigns or Rollins as champion has been done to death the past year. They have no new opponents and bring nothing new or interesting to the table.

I love Owens, but the excuses made for his ratings would be hilarious.

Agreed. Folks pretend to forget those terrible Rollins ratings too.

No matter who they put on top the ratings will tank. It could be Roman, it could be Seth, it could be whoever. The MNF thing is an excuse but it's a legitimate one, and anyone who acts like whoever is holding the belt is responsible is ignoring the obvious.

slabrock

Banned
Whoa. That's what all this popped stuff is about on here.

tumblr_lq2h1oBYsi1qlffopo1_500.jpg

Apoc87

Banned
If you guys were in charge of booking, how would you get rid of Roman's nuclear heat? Do any of you have the perfect plan?

If money wasnt an issue, i would just take him off tv for a good 6 months. Then i would bring him back to feud with a mid carder like sheamus or something. And then make him work his way back up the card over a year.

Toki767

If you guys were in charge of booking, how would you get rid of Roman's nuclear heat? Do any of you have the perfect plan?

If money wasnt an issue, i would just take him off tv for a good 6 months. Then i would bring him back to feud with a mid carder like sheamus or something. And then make him work his way back up the card over a year.

Embrace him as a heel.

Then when the crowd actually starts cheering him down the line, turn him back face.

Fantomex

I would have him job to everyone all the way to the Midcard. Eventually people will feel bad for him and give him a shot out of pity.

MisterR

Yep. Embarrassing as shit. Tons of grown ass men doing it too.

Top Bottom