• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Fox318

Billy Robinson I think is up there as one of the biggest influences on shoot style pro wrestling.

I'm sure Boots could go into how much Catch played a part in wrestling's expansion and sport in the UK and the original Snake Pit Gym was a huge part of it.

Mahonay

Banned
British Strong Style could be a top stable WWE right now.

Was a little annoyed at NXT Brooklyn that they just booked Bate and Seven as face Mustache Mountain again. They are infinitely better as heels. I mean I guess they just really wanted to be able to have Dunne and Bate wrestler each other again in front of a WWE audience, which I assumed was going to be the case.

On the other hand, I like them better in Progress.

klonere

Banned
British Strong Style could be a top stable WWE right now.

Was a little annoyed at NXT Brooklyn that they just booked Bate and Seven as face Mustache Mountain again. They are infinitely better as heels. I mean I guess they just really wanted to be able to have Dunne and Bate wrestler each other again in front of a WWE audience, which I assumed was going to be the case.

They are all very short and only Tyler has a bit of bulk on him

Destined for failure on main roster

cordy

Banned
21191955_2012396995660698_5360573369750743361_n.jpg

Damn. That painted on hairline.

Speaking of shoots

Sasha Banks on Sam Roberts' podcast

Sasha shoots on the WWE and how they've been booking her, incredibly short title reigns and the fact she has pointless matches on RAW.

She also mentioned she wants to be the greatest champion of all time and says she's already the greatest female wrestler of all time. Sasha wants to hold the women's title longer than 2 weeks and wants to know why WWE won't push her.

Banks also complained that she had to do PR in Australia to promote the Australian tour while the Mae Young Classic was being filmed and believes she should've been there in attendance instead. Sasha said she had to get Bayley to FaceTime her just so she could watch a match.

Hasney

I never got a sense of how big Drew was until I saw him standing next to Roode. (Not that Roode was some giant)

Yeah, there was a reason Vince took an immediate like to him. Now he has more muscle tone as well, I'd honestly be shocked if Vince doesn't want him on Raw sooner rather than later.

Mahonay

Banned
If Progress could get their shit together for things like booking proper venues they could legit be an ECW sized promotion and be the first legitimate alternative to WWE in years. They've got the talent, booking sense, and a die hard fan base. I'd love for them to take off but I know it's an uphill climb for wrestling promotions in 2017. There's like a 1 percent chance of that actually happening.

klonere

Banned
If Progress could get their shit together for things like booking proper venues they could legit be an ECW sized promotion and be the first legitimate alternative to WWE in years. They've got the talent, booking sense, and a die hard fan base. I'd love for them to take off but I know it's an uphill climb for wrestling promotions in 2017. There's like a 1 percent chance of that actually happening.

They are also firmly wedged to the teat of WWE, so uh, scratch that one off the books.

Fox318

Its crazy to think just how bad Vince books the women.

You would figure somebody like HHH or Steph would take pride in their female roster but it all goes to waste.

Whomever thought Bayley should lose in San Jose should be out on the street.

No questions. The move made 0 sense and killed a top selling babyface.

Tagyhag

Poor Sasha. She just wants to get as much time as she can before Asuka, Ember, and Kairi completely outclass her.

At least she'll always have a good character when she goes heel.

Draxal

You would figure somebody like HHH or Steph would take pride in their female roster but it all goes to waste.

I'm seeing some dirtsheets basically says, Hunter fought a war with Vince over Asuka's booking on Raw.

>wants to grab the brass ring
>has clear, defined ambition
>has shown she can perform at the highest levels on the biggest stages

there is no hope

WWE took both participants in the greatest NXT women's match ever and ruined both in under 2 years

There Is No Hope

Poor Sasha. She just wants to get as much time as she can before Asuka, Ember, and Kairi completely outclass her.

At least she'll always have a good character when she goes heel.

Ember won't. She's crisper in the ring sure but Ember's character work makes Sasha look like Ric Flair especially on the mic.

Mahonay

Banned

LOL. Steph is legendarily bad when it comes to her meddling with booking ideas. She's almost as bad as her father when it comes to women. HHH is more of a feminist than her in a reality.

Hasney

I mean, she's mostly right.

But going on the internet and talking about it is a good way to get Dolph'd

Good way to have an exciting new gimmick?

Seriously, they've proven they have no clue. May as well get it off your chest and claim it was character work.

Mahonay

Banned
Good way to have an exciting new gimmick?

Seriously, they've proven they have no clue. May as well get it off your chest and claim it was character work.
Lol there's like a 5 percent chance Dolph's new gimmick is actually different. He's "changed his gimmick" several times recently and it's always literally the same character and ring style.

Draxal

ed: Oh no what are they going to do, have her not win the belt instead of win and job a day later?

First clue should have been Alexa winning any fight

I mean even though they've booked her horribly she's still kinda over.

List of viable WWE women's faces in the big shows right now.

I will say it's poor form to bitch that they trusted her to be a selling point for an overseas tour because it meant she didn't get to watch the MYC with her buddies in the front row.

Zach

Sasha just shot herself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese wrestling (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the WWE Universe, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase WWE tickets for either brand, nor will they purchase any of Sasha's merchandise. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sasha has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sasha, publicly apologize and retire or you can kiss your legacy goodbye.

Settle down, excelsiorlef.

The Raw Women's title is garbage. It's always jumping around. As far as Sasha Banks goes she isn't that great. She probably thinks she is the best because of her matches with Bayley in nxt. Now you are in WWE so either complain to management or deal with it.

who are we talking about?
I hope it isn't about Ziggler

HOW AM I GONNA GET THE CROWDS TO CHEER ME? AM I GONNA HAVE TO BE LIKE CENA AND WORK THE MARKS WITH EVERY FEUD? WILL I NEED TO COME INTO THE WWE ON A THREE MAN STABLE COVERING EACH OTHER'S WEAKNESSES? DO I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WORK THE INDIE'S FOR A FEW YEARS TO GET YOU TO LIKE ME?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
>According to rderudo.com, Sexy Star issued the following comments in regards to the much publicized TripleMania incident with Rosemary...

>”These days have been very difficult for me. On Saturday I had a championship fight; Was very hard. I think it all went out of hand. I do not know, it's a situation that right now I'm a bit confused. I want to be silent and when I feel it is time, touch the subject. Men, women, they want to finish me; Retire from this sport. I'm here; As I said at the outset: I will not stop, on behalf of all women who have been mistreated, physically or psychologically. I think I have to be stronger. If at that moment I went through a depression and left, I will leave this one too. I was doing what I had to do, what people deserve, give me a claw until the end. That happened, I gave it up. It seems that the girl is injured; I do not know, I do not know. Is the only that i can say."
MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IM A HERO

Top Bottom