• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

I hit my local Target last night to see what I could find... they had a heap of Amiibo for $10 but no Ryu, so I thankfully didn't buy any Amiibo.

Got Saints Row IV PS3, Wolfenstein New Order PS3, NBA 2K13 Wii and Shovel Knight 3DS for $36. Really happy finding a physical copy of Shovel Knight 3DS in particular and NBA was $1 lol I will never play it.

Also I was on TV this morning talking about Pokémon Stadium

Great again gaz but I still don't see any Boris!

Dryk

It won't load, and worse it won't let me leave feedback telling them their player is arse

EDIT: Nevermind, problem was on my end

Also no mini-games, kids these days...

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Holy shit this dude on the plane has a psvita. Haven't seen one of those in years. I wonder if he is a gaffer lol.

Rizzi

I went in to a Dick Smith today looking for a usb bluetooth adapter so I could use my Wii U pro controller on my PC.
Jesus that was depressing.

Dryk

I went in to a Dick Smith today looking for a usb bluetooth adapter so I could use my Wii U pro controller on my PC.
Jesus that was depressing.
Honestly just shell out for the Mayfair adapter. I spent months wrestling with Wii U Pro software and it wasn't really worth it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I haven't heard of this.

Yep, would also agree, get on the mayfair.

Works 100%, no hassle. just perfect.

and can map buttons to xbox interface to PC games recognise it without issue.

and then you can chose if you want xbox button placvement (i.e. A = B), or use nintendo correct positioning.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Just say out loud Neogaf, and see if he turns around, will be even funnier if he turns around and says hello Lucian :p
That would have been hella awkward lol. There was some Asian dude fast asleep between us too so I couldn't really talk even if I wanted to.
Damn, didn't know they'd let you on a plane with a Hentai Machine.
Pretty much the reason I didn't want to talk to him :p

N0VAM0D

Hello allllll, hope you're doing well! I know I don't post in here much anymore (life's gotten in the way!), but I figured I'd see if any of you are interested in this!

I'm pretty upset about it, but, I have decided to sell my Jetstar return ticket to Japan. Money/time problems have surfaced unfortunately. It's a super flexible ticket (free return), and the current dates on the it are from May 10th until June 21st. But, if that doesn't work for you, it's easily changed (it just has to be the same return date)! I'm looking for around $500 for it (no name change fee). It's departure from Sydney, and landing in Narita. If you or anyone you know might be interested, please contact me! I'm so, so desperate to get rid of it!

I have a super irresponsible person in my life who would totally buy that off you, but in the interests of not giving him an excuse to skive off his responsibilities, I am not going to suggest that to him.

His younger brother on the other hand...

Friction

Hey guys. Just arrived in au on for a job transfer a few weeks ago. Got my NBN all set up. Wondering if there is a au gaf xbo community?

Deeku

Hello allllll, hope you're doing well! I know I don't post in here much anymore (life's gotten in the way!), but I figured I'd see if any of you are interested in this!

I'm pretty upset about it, but, I have decided to sell my Jetstar return ticket to Japan. Money/time problems have surfaced unfortunately. It's a super flexible ticket (free return), and the current dates on the it are from May 10th until June 21st. But, if that doesn't work for you, it's easily changed (it just has to be the same return date)! I'm looking for around $500 for it (no name change fee). It's departure from Sydney, and landing in Narita. If you or anyone you know might be interested, please contact me! I'm so, so desperate to get rid of it!
you were so excited about your trip...:(

anyone got a rec for a paid email that's not connected to my ISP (I don't want to use my work one)? I'm about to cancel my internode account in Australia and I want something that's GAF approved

N0VAM0D

you were so excited about your trip...:(

I knooooooow, I'm so disappointed (in myself). I'll probably end up going in November instead, or maybe early next year, I hope!

I have a super irresponsible person in my life who would totally buy that off you, but in the interests of not giving him an excuse to skive off his responsibilities, I am not going to suggest that to him.

His younger brother on the other hand...

Oooooh!

Quasar

anyone got a rec for a paid email that's not connected to my ISP (I don't want to use my work one)? I'm about to cancel my internode account in Australia and I want something that's GAF approved

I'm just using a domain based one (well in addition to some free ones like yahoo and gmail). Of course that means I need to keep ownership of my domain which is added on top.

Bernbaum

I hit my local Target last night to see what I could find... they had a heap of Amiibo for $10 but no Ryu, so I thankfully didn't buy any Amiibo.

Got Saints Row IV PS3, Wolfenstein New Order PS3, NBA 2K13 Wii and Shovel Knight 3DS for $36. Really happy finding a physical copy of Shovel Knight 3DS in particular and NBA was $1 lol I will never play it.

Also I was on TV this morning talking about Pokémon Stadium
POKIE MON

Doing a household cleanup, and I've come to my old PS2 (original fatty model). The laser isn't the greatest (will sometimes take a few goes to recognise a disc).

Should I just chuck it? I'm torn. I'm trying to get rid of as much stuff as I can.

Maybe a nearby AusGAFfer will offer to babysit it until an unspecified time in the future when you may want it back?
I think I just need to let go...

I've been truly amazed at the number of PS2 games I had (looks like about 70 I think), as well as just how damn good my taste was, if I do say so myself lol - think I have pretty much every classic released for the system outside of the JRPGs. Only a couple of stinkers in there (a 007 game, and some shovel ware WW2 flying game). The number of great games on PS2 was pretty scary. Was kind of weird finding GTA 3 and seeing Leslie Benzies listed as the only producer given recent developments. Also found a sweet multi-tap that doubles as an HR Giger inspired PS2 vertical stand that I don't even remember owning, plus a bunch of controllers (including a wireless Logitech), an Action Replax Max, all sorts of crap.

Also found some prehistoric Mac stuff (System 7, 8, and 9 installers, the Lost Treasures of Infocom on 3.5", and fucking SyQuest removable 44MB 'cartridges' lol). I'd forgotten what 3.5" diskette boxes even looked like.

Edit: they should do an HD remaster of the Infocom games :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Everyone, i'm a monster and need help :(

I was at bartronica in Melbourne tonight, and they had a megadrive hooked up on. A tv playing sonic 2.

I got up to chemical zone stage 2, the platforms that drown everyone, let the count down timer start with the air more than one second away.. and paused it with a second left on the count down timer.

THEN I PAUSED AND WALKED AWAY. LEAVING IMPENDING DEATH VISIBLE FOR ALL.

Everyone, i'm a monster and need help :(

I was at bartronica in Melbourne tonight, and they had a megadrive hooked up on. A tv playing sonic 2.

I got up to chemical zone stage 2, the platforms that drown everyone, let the count down timer start with the air more than one second away.. and paused it with a second left on the count down timer.

THEN I PAUSED AND WALKED AWAY. LEAVING IMPENDING DEATH VISIBLE FOR ALL.

you are quite literally the second worst person.

the first worst is

tumblr_msh5b79QcM1sfvvseo1_500.png

r1chard

The Force Awakens is out, and is reasonably affordable blu-ray at Big W and Target (and probably others) and has a ton of extras in blu-ray. The blu-ray quality is pretty good - noticed some compression artefacts only a couple of times. Apparently Target also throws in a poster, which I didn't realise until after I bought mine at the other store. And the film was just as good on third watching :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom